Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage

MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 Empty
PostSubject: MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008   MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:42 am

Irish Times leads on US intention to send aid workers without agreement of Burma junta

Hundreds of jobs to go from Ireland as St James Gate Guinness plant is proposed to close.

LINK TO IT

Obama hints that he would like Clinton as running mate

Guardian LINK

A small town in Texas is disappearing into a sink hole

CNN LINK

Third day of "Sunni / Shia " gun battles in Beirut.

CNN LINK

Big increase in cycling, drop in car miles in London.

LINK to GUARDIAN

Tara encampment under demolition this morning - Indymedia Report

Indymedia lINK

Neutral Please add any extra news stories or comments here.

Apologies - problem with links - will sort out later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008   MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 11:23 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008   MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 11:26 am

He was to be debating with Dawkins this morning on Radio 4 I think. Certainly thats what I think I heard when I woke up this morning, but I was still rather blurry eyed at the time. Anyone get a chance to hear it?

The Cardinal always comes across as a rather nice man and very measured. Though I have heard that he is not particularly popular with the Holy See?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008   MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 11:37 am

Yes I also heard the Cardinal / Dawkins interviews advertised earlier this morning but, although I've posted the link, won't get to hear it til I get home this eve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008   MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:41 pm

It's Europe Day today, lads and lasses!

MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 Europe_day_2008_en

We're united in our diversity!

Bonjour, Ola, Guten Tag, Buongiorno, Dia dhuit, Hej, Hello everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008   MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:16 pm

The Yanks want to air-drop the aid in. Apparantly the Burmese have already been confiscating packages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008   MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

MN News Review Friday 9th May 2008
Page 1 of 1