Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Sign your name here ... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 2:53 am

Helium Three wrote:
What are these random words that appear under our names? Unity is fine and dandy but what or who is morula?

Anyway - greetings to all, and thanks for your work in setting up this little oasis in a very big cyberdesert.

A stem cell. Your growing ranks are interspersed with important number words like 46 for the Chromosomes in the Human Genome.

(I couldn't think of anything else - you'll be a politico eventually H3, I promise)
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:00 am

Well, I'm settled now and I'm not moving again. Damn rheumatism is acting up with all this shuffling about. If dave thinks I'm running back to him when he gets his shite in order, he has another thing coming. This is a much more selective group of people than the grifisc sráide who used litter the corridors of that talking shop. :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:01 am

Ah so. Ingenious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:07 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
MikeW wrote:
So this is where everyone wandered to. Cool, created an account to post my usual two posts a week. What a Face Get withdrawl otherwise. Set up a mikewex account as well, but it won't send me the email on that one....

Hello Mike.

You should get the second email eventually. It could take up to 15 minutes.

Was it the Indymedia comments that led you to us ?

Actually, that was about 1pm. Don't think its coming.....

It was actually JCs blog that I first saw this, but I was on the Indymedia conspiracy zone for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:07 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
Hope you like the decor and don't mind the little hole in the ceiling...

Hmmmm...

Sign your name here ... - Page 4 Ceiling_cat
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:08 am

1PM.. I think you may be right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 6:22 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Auditor, ibis is here, and he wants a whiskey, or was that a whisky.

AG, can ya change "A look under the bonnet" to "A look under The Nation's bonnet". I think it will look good against the forum name, and be a bit Prime-Timish too.

Damn fecking right - I've no idea what EV said - but if he/she said it - its darn tootin' with me*

*ie - I'm back from the pub and I'm pollura - but strangely not enough to be not able to turn on a laptop and think that Im still sober enough to have something to contribute to society - be quick and ready with the eraze button if I were you!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 2:34 pm

sanctuary!! sanctuary!!!

hi all
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 2:44 pm

eamo ! you're welcome ! Indymedia was it?

Sit down and make yourself at home and have a cup of coffee
Sign your name here ... - Page 4 Cup-coffee-256x256
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 2:52 pm

yep, indymedia it was.
nice place you have here, thanks for going to the trouble.
these boards serve a very good democratic cause. the country would be poorer without them.
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:05 pm

eamo wrote:
yep, indymedia it was.
nice place you have here, thanks for going to the trouble.
these boards serve a very good democratic cause. the country would be poorer without them.
It was surprisingly easy ... and it's fun playing around with the newest (?) software in boards.

Do you think that discussion boards like this can have an effect on politics? There is always the suspicion that that was the reason p.ie was knocked out. Cochrane folds up and simultaneously the Exchequer is down €3 billion ... hmm Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:51 am

Bonjour! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:53 am

DeGaulle wrote:
Bonjour! Very Happy

bon soir et bienvenue Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 2:01 am

Have you still got that aircraft carrier out the back De Gaulle? We have been doing so much furniture shifting lately it might come in handy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 2:13 am

Helium Three wrote:
Have you still got that aircraft carrier out the back De Gaulle? We have been doing so much furniture shifting lately it might come in handy.

I still have a lot of work to do but I will be testing a prototype in the bath later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Guess who's back   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:58 am

Back again.. tell a friend cyclops
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:03 am

rockofcashel wrote:

Took you long enough Roc. Basketball Any news of the demise ?? Bring any candles ?

How did the skyfest go, your house still standing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:08 am

rockofcashel wrote:

Fáilte isteach. Seo bolgam creatúir
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am

The Skyfest was brilliant... but even funnier was the number of people in the pubs afterwards in their finery, while they were up to their knees in muck..

Coming back again next year.. just leave Jerry Fish and the Humbug Club at home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:45 am

rockofcashel wrote:
The Skyfest was brilliant... but even funnier was the number of people in the pubs afterwards in their finery, while they were up to their knees in muck..

Coming back again next year.. just leave Jerry Fish and the Humbug Club at home

I was there and it was fantastic - stunning display. Has a decision been made on whether it's back or not? It was a great setting, the atmosphere was wonderfully friendly and the natives were very decent. I saw some of the tv coverage and it couldn't hold a candle to the real thing. There was a lot of muck, depending on where you were - but the rain held off and there was a great buzz in the town afterwards.

Well done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:11 am

rockofcashel wrote:
Shocked Very Happy

If I was drinking I'd be cracking open a can right now. You, of all people, must have news roc ?

(by the the way, welcome to our humble abode. T'was I that pressed the few buttons to get the place started but it belongs to all of us. The rankings are a bit weird but I'm only having fun up until post number 256 or so. They can be changed if anyone feels really aggrieved at being called a 'foetal politico' .. I guess)

Weyhey!!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:20 am

I've just cracked a can on your behalf MachineGeneral ! pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:28 am

Now where's he gone to again? did he have any news or wha?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:35 am

He's gone home to change his underpants. He was at the skyfest for gods sake. Give him a chance !!

Showed up at The Refuge about 6PM. http://silverpond.eu/refuge/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56

Gave him directions....Left at the lights etc..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:05 am

I have been unable to post at my prodigous rate or quality today, due to the lingering effects of alcohol abuse suffered last night after the Skyfest finished.

I was doing fine until about 12 o clock, when I was invited to join a number of people at a kitchen discussion, which was helped along by copious amounts of wine, and a dangerous little drink which tasted very like butterscotch..

I woke up this morning on mammies couch... 5 miles away from where I should have been at the time

But.. in true Irish mammy tradition, not a cross word was said about rambling in at 5 in the morning, and leaving the back door wide open, waking everyone up, including my brother, his wife, and their 4 month old baby, who were also down from Monaghan for the Skyfest

Instead it was the standard.. would you like a rasher

Gotta love Irish mammies.. except the ones with too much wine and butterballs in their houses..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 4 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next