Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Cú Chonnacht wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
And to Cu Chonnacht as well who arrived earlier but I was having a siesta and could only half see.

Gura maith agat a chara.
An bhfuil sé fíor go bhfuil "cead" againn an Ghaeilge a scríobh taobh amuigh den fhóram Gaeilge? Surprised
Sea, go deimhin, go cinnte ach ...

and that's the end of my Irish Crying or Very sad . Let's use the fóram Gaeilge for something else - Irish culture or as a workshop for learning Irish and improving etc. I think Irish threads anywhere on the site would be welcome, particularly if you wanted to talk about the interface between science/technology and politics/economics but I think you might be going off topic to switch languages mid-thread... expressions suddenly thrown in are different - people sometimes do it with French/Latin why not any other language? So whatever language a thread starts out in I think we should try to keep it in that language unless in the event that everyone was comfortable with total bilingualism. Imagine that were the case ...

Thanks for asking

Tóg go bog é
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 3:40 pm

What if threads were to be bilingual unless the person who starts the thread says in the first post it is an all Irish or all English thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 3:51 pm

cactus flower wrote:
What if threads were to be bilingual unless the person who starts the thread says in the first post it is an all Irish or all English thread?

Then I for one shall be unable to read chunks of them, unless some kindly soul translates. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by ibis on Wed May 14, 2008 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 3:56 pm

ibis wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

The I for one shall be unable to read chunks of them, unless some kindly soul translates. Crying or Very sad

Me too - I will ask around to see if there are willing translators about the place. But I have to say that even with zero Irish it is often possible to get the jist of a post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:21 am

2hamburg - a nice cup of coffee for you? or would you prefer tea ?Sign your name here ... - Page 19 Kava
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptySat May 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi Delicious Cake. Here is some afternoon tea for you. Welcome to Machine Nation.

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 2201
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptySat May 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Delicious Cake you are more than welcome and indeed, let me say that we could do with more of your sort here to mop up all that tea that Ard Taoiseach has us drinking.

As mod of the Food Forum, I'm curious as to what kind of delicious cake you might be - can you enlighten us a little? Maybe provide us with a pic?

Rather than offering you tea or coffee, maybe a little whipped cream might be more appropriate (unless you have a conscientous objection)?

The truth behind whipped cream
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptySat May 17, 2008 10:16 pm

Some delicious tea, Delicious Cake? I'm sure you'll like some!

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 Teapotandcup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Thanks for the welcome Very Happy

As for what cake I like... Currently really enjoying that Bailey's cheesecake thing in Superquinn? I don't know the exact name of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Sounds intoxicating. Great name, Delicious Cake. Everyone is going to want more of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Delicious Cake wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Very Happy

You're welcome for your welcome(O God, this could spiral into a Rumsfeldian knot pretty quickly).

Quote :
As for what cake I like... Currently really enjoying that Bailey's cheesecake thing in Superquinn? I don't know the exact name of it.

Superquinn is great for lots of things, isn't it Delicious Cake? In fact I do have delicious cake here at home, it's a chocolate cake with a cream layer. An excellent accompaniment to good cup of tea. Ahhh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 1949546268_5462e98a2e_o

Cup of tea, Semper Idem ? Good to see you here. I expect Ard Taoiseach will be here sometime soon to give the official welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 2:46 pm

Here's an official welcome from me.

We like to talk about infrastructure, ideas, planning, processes, systems and the weather here as well as the odd bit about food. We are trying to whip ourselves into a frenzy whereby we will gush out with detailed information on organistations and cybernetically adjustment thereof as well as enhancements to the interface between the technopolitical and scientifico-cultural worlds. If you have knowledge in any of these areas you will get free tea forever here. If however you only have an interest in these fine topics but can advance no real meat then you may have tea the odd time and you certainly will never be given biscuits here - not ones with chocolate on them anyway.

Regardless, pints at the Sibín Reoite will cost you €15 each (or was that half pints?) You will find the Sibín Reoite in the Welcome area under Places and you may have a pint in there at the end of a long and ardous day of cybernetikking or whatnot. We don't encourage drinking during the day unless it's extremely exceptionally hot and unseasonal at such time you will not be frowned upon if you appear in there for a sociable schooner of Bulmers cyber.

Thanks for joining, happy posting and don't forget to tell all your similar friends i.e. cyberneticists, geneticists, horticulturalists and systems analysts and integrators. Good day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Delighted at the kind welcome. Much obliged, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute constructively.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Semper Idem wrote:
Delighted at the kind welcome. Much obliged, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute constructively.

Excellent work on your blog. Why did you quit using B2Evo out of curiosity ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:10 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Semper Idem wrote:

Excellent work on your blog. Why did you quit using B2Evo out of curiosity ?
Oooh, link, link! I can build up a reserve of dirt to use on him/her/it/them that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Calm down 905, or the Thought Police will hear you and foil your plans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 7:29 pm

Semper Idem wrote:

I would like to add to Auditor #9's excellent welcome that you shouldn't worry to much about the cost of drink in the Sibín, I bankroll many rounds there.

We also have places like the Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar which is an oasis of calm and rejuvenation, an ideal place to work out a hang-over from the elations of an Sibín Reoite.

There are also threads here devoted to history and economics which could be of interest to you.

I also add that tá sé ceart go leor a bheith ag labhairt as Gaeilge oder Deutsch, wenn Sie will nó teanga eile ar fud on suíomh idirlíon seo. We're a multi-lingual nation here in the Machine Nation. Do you know Japanese? It'd be fun to add that to our list of official languages.

So, again, welcome to the Machine Nation, I'm positive that you'll be a great citizen of this wide and wonderful community.

Here's some biscuits as you settle in...

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 AnzacBiscuits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptySat May 24, 2008 1:57 am

Hi guys. Solitaire here. A decadent chocolate cake and a fat mug of coffee would be great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:21 am

Solitaire wrote:
Hi guys. Solitaire here. A decadent chocolate cake and a fat mug of coffee would be great.
Hello there ... how did you stumble upon our little treehouse in the big bad forest of the internet then?

Be careful with the chocolate as it's mississippi mudpie and could make you drowsy if eaten during the day. That's mighty that you would like to blog - are you already a blogger somewhere else? Why here? What do you know about us? Have you read the Charter? Do you like Machines? Do you know about cybernetics, systems, energy, organisational structures, philosophy or star trek/wars? You'll be grand here if you do.

Oh sorry we're out of mudpie - someone snuck in and whipped it while I was typing this. Oreos and milk are better for this time of the night.
Sign your name here ... - Page 19 Dd0i7i18964h1t4xdx01318m6kj6efs8c5i3

To sign up to the blog use the link in my sig. If your blog is intended to contain offensive articles, child p9rn, terrorism, anti-gay, lesbian, black, white, red, yellow etc. and racist comments, misogyny, misanthropy, satanism, backwards beatles numbers, or any other offensive, rude or illegal material you will be hurled immediately into the Pit of Hell (if it exists). Ok?

Thanks for coming and happy blogging Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptySat May 24, 2008 3:09 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 3092_MEDIUM
Oreos and milk are better at this hour of the night Shocked cyclops Rolling Eyes

Only a man could write that.

Here you go, Solitaire. And just so you know, you can have no interest at all in anthing remotely technical and still feel quite at home here.

Anyway. I'll shut up and have some cake with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:45 am

greebug

you are very welcome to the site! How did you find us? We hope you find good stuff here and even better we hope you put good stuff here.

Would you like a glass of Ovaltine?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 2:09 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 Creamy-Hot-Chocolate_413

All out of ovaltine Auditor #9 - hot chocolate coming up.

Hi greebug. Sorry your first post was such a painful subject. Our site rules and charter are in the Welcome Forum. I hope you enjoy posting here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:51 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 Breakfast_Coffee_Muffin

Hi little-lefty - coffee and a muffin? You're very welcome here: please have a look at our Charter and Site Rules in the Welcome Forum. Auditor #9 and the Ard Taoiseach will be along later to say hi too.

Quiet on the boards this morning - I'm looking forward to your posts after you've dealt with that muffin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:56 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 19 F79896a7d415ab0d_m

Hi to you too TwinkleFingers. Good name. Have you already met little-lefty? You're very welcome to the Machine Nation.
Just fix yourself up with a look at our Charter and Rules in the Welcome Forum and work away at the posting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 19 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next