Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage

Sign your name here ... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi all, Kerrynorth here. Sorry for the delay in getting around to posting up. Too busy shorting the ISEQ and making money over the last few days (tongue just for you Ard-T).

So who left the door open and let Ard-T slip in? Someone padlock the back door before his sidekick freedomlover makes his way over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:36 pm

kn wrote:
Hi all, Kerrynorth here. Sorry for the delay in getting around to posting up. Too busy shorting the ISEQ and making money over the last few days (tongue just for you Ard-T).

So who left the door open and let Ard-T slip in? Someone padlock the back door before his sidekick freedomlover makes his way over.

hahahahahhahahaha.

kerrynorth! Me old china plate! I missed going tete a tete on economic threads over the past 2 weeks with you. Ar aon nós, our economy remains strong through the global headwinds. Ultra-bears like Morgan Kelly of UCD have had to resort to spouting off in order to make a point. That Telegraph article was a load of nonsense and illustrates how Ireland remains the most dynamic economy of the Western World.

Let the UK, US and Switzerland have their bank failures, we won't! Our banks are brilliant!

Sign your name here ... - Page 6 Theophylline

Here's a nice cup of tea for while you're setling in!

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Giving kn a nice cup of tea for a sit down. Tea rules.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
kn wrote:

hahahahahhahahaha.

kerrynorth! Me old china plate! I missed going tete a tete on economic threads over the past 2 weeks with you. Ar aon nós, our economy remains strong through the global headwinds. Ultra-bears like Morgan Kelly of UCD have had to resort to spouting off in order to make a point. That Telegraph article was a load of nonsense and illustrates how Ireland remains the most dynamic economy of the Western World.

Let the UK, US and Switzerland have their bank failures, we won't! Our banks are brilliant!

Your really lucky that p.ie was down over the last two weeks. You would have been on the ropes with all the data. Razz

Why didn't make it over to the pin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:52 pm

kn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
kn wrote:

hahahahahhahahaha.

Your really lucky that p.ie was down over the last two weeks. You would have been on the ropes with all the data. Razz

Why didn't make it over to the pin?

Would not! I'm a long-termer! Average growth here will be fastest in the rich world out to 2020. Ask Deutsche Bank if you don't believe me. This month's or that month's figure don't mean much to me. Even Alan Ahearne of NUI Galway admits that the underpinnings of the Irish economy are OK and the troubles in housing are limited to 2-3 years.

I didn't join the pin because it is so depressing and I'd be lonely there. I'm happy to lurk and size up the opposition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:00 pm

I've just been listening to Mary Wilson interview someone about the economy - didn't get the name but the gist is we're fcuked. Back to emigrating to the UK for the Olympic building, shoring ourselves up for the coming crisis, not changing the car (or buying a car), fewer holidays, getting rid of credit card debt before the inevitable happens.

Felt like they were predicting The Emergency.

They just didn't use the words 'tighten your belts.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Ard,

apparently the compound on that cup is theophylline, which has the following effects:

Is there something you're not telling us?

Last edited by MikeW on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : tidying up urls)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:07 pm

MikeW wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Ard,

apparently the compound on that cup is theophylline, which has the following effects:

Is there something you're not telling us?

Does it? I was looking for a china cup on Google Images and that was the only one which popped up in the results. Thanks for the chemistry lesson!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:41 pm

We have a new member called David. Has anyone offered him a cup of tea yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:47 pm

cactus flower wrote:
We have a new member called David. Has anyone offered him a cup of tea yet?

We should do it here. It seems correct that all tea should be offered through the medium of this thread. Machine Nation needs some traditions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Do David agus Tonys. Cupán tae and perfunctory salutations

Sign your name here ... - Page 6 Cupan_10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:56 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Do David agus Tonys. Cupán tae and perfunctory salutations

Sign your name here ... - Page 6 Cupan_10

To use the parlance of this science-oriented forum, what's the chemical composition of that cup? It looks like it is in a transitory physical state from solid to liquid no doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:01 pm

That cup of tea has never been and has no intention of existing but welcoming nonetheless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:13 am

Hi, new member here!! Have been viewing your site since Saturday - arrived here via Cedar Lounge post on Sat. morning. Was a p.ie viewer for a while .... anyway, well done to the founders of this site and I look forward to being a part of it. Have no partic. expertise apart from interest in politics and a new-found interest in economics, esp how to get thru the next 2 years!

Oh ... mine's a cup of Twining's Assam with half a sugar and a dash of milk ... ta!
Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:15 am

Atticus...Welcome.
I'll put the kettle on .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:18 am

Atticus wrote:
Hi, new member here!! Have been viewing your site since Saturday - arrived here via Cedar Lounge post on Sat. morning. Was a p.ie viewer for a while .... anyway, well done to the founders of this site and I look forward to being a part of it. Have no partic. expertise apart from interest in politics and a new-found interest in economics, esp how to get thru the next 2 years!

Oh ... mine's a cup of Twining's Assam with half a sugar and a dash of milk ... ta!
Very Happy Very Happy

A man of taste, I like you already!

Here you go!

Sign your name here ... - Page 6 Tea

And the milk...

Sign your name here ... - Page 6 23281158
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:21 am

Im in the kitchen.Stay where you are. Its a comin'

Sign your name here ... - Page 6 Pota_t10

I told ye I had it.

Fáilte Atticus cibé ar bith
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:23 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Im in the kitchen.Stay where you are. Its a comin'

Sign your name here ... - Page 6 Pota_t10

I told ye I had it.

Fáilte Atticus cibé ar bith

Mine is a nicer cup. I typed Assam tea into Google so it's actually Assam. Plus Atticus gets their own pot into the bargain. Razz

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:23 am

And steam too?!! Oh i like this site already...... thank you.

( One quick serious point - i am trusting in the security and personal privacy of this site - my only half-lingering worry)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:27 am

I feel like Anthony Hopkin's Da in 'Remains of the Day' im that slow up from the kitchen below
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:27 am

Jeez no fighting, i'm so not worth it!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:28 am

Atticus wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

welcome ! regular-posting recent members are considered founders too so don't be shy. i'd like a spirit of participation here anyway and it'll stay that way until it ever gets unwieldy.

you must be an economics student so if you have to put up with it for the next 2 years?! you'll get no talk of equations here, however, sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:33 am

Bit older than that Auditor #9, I'm afraid!!
have done the student thing a couple of times already. No, am Irish working in London in a bloody hard economic environment!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:34 am

Atticus wrote:
And steam too?!! Oh i like this site already...... thank you.

( One quick serious point - i am trusting in the security and personal privacy of this site - my only half-lingering worry)

You're welcome, did you take your name from Cicero's half-Roman/half-Greek correspondent? I'd imagine a rarefied aristocrat like that would be very partial to a cup of Assam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:36 am

Then you must see a lot of nifty techie handy things in London. Like the robot train to Canary Wharf ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:41 am

Atticus, I am in Boston which has seen the departure of a lot of people, some heading to London. I take it the far away fields might not be a green as they hoped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 6 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next