Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With Empty
PostSubject: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Driving along this morning I happened to find myself listening to Ryan Tubridy interviewing Rebecca Miller, author, scriptwriter, film producer and director. Towards the close of the interview, Tubridy asked Miller if she was going to Direct the film of her current screenplay. When she said yes, his reply was "Are You Bossy?"

The pangs of labour, PMS, and waxing are as nothing when compared to the torment inflicted by Tubridy, and indeed Kenny, when they are allowed to talk to the wimmin. Rolling Eyes

Out of fairness, I am starting a what men have to put up with thread too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:11 pm

What the hell is waxing. Is that what the moon does
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:15 pm

youngdan wrote:
What the hell is waxing. Is that what the moon does

Indeed, it could be a synonym for PMS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:17 pm

I have, on more than one occasion, been mistaken for Ryan Tubridy. 
I don't think he's half as bad as Kenny when he's let near a woman.

To be honest I'd rather put up with pangs of labour, PMS (which I think you lot make up anyway) and waxing than be interviewed by Pat Kenny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:40 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

To be honest I'd rather put up with pangs of labour, PMS (which I think you lot make up anyway) and waxing than be interviewed by Pat Kenny.

The problem is Kenny sets the bar so low (on the ground, or even maybe below it?) that poor Tubridy is disoriented and doesn't know what is, and what is not, embarrassing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 pm

cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

The problem is Kenny sets the bar so low (on the ground, or even maybe below it?) that poor Tubridy is disoriented and doesn't know what is, and what is not, embarrassing.

Kenny has buried the bar in legally disputed ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:54 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Kenny has buried the bar in legally disputed ground.

Ha! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:35 am

Women in P.ie are usually swept away by a tidal wave of testosterone. However there are more women posting there than one might think at first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:38 am

cactus flower wrote:
Women in P.ie are usually swept away by a tidal wave of testosterone. However there are more women posting there than one might think at first.

Kate P, TheBear, misty and (I think) yourself are the only 3 I have definitively identified as women. The rest are all men.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 am

Bras. Women have to put up with bras. They seem to wear them a lot so I'm sure the good outweighs the bad but they still seem awfully confusing to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Kate P, TheBear, misty and (I think) yourself are the only 3 I have definitively identified as women. The rest are all men.

Do you mean to say Irishbeergirl and Soubresauts are chaps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:40 am

You have to put up with ladders in tights as well. They seem quite annoying to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:40 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Bras. Women have to put up with bras. They seem to wear them a lot so I'm sure the good outweighs the bad but they still seem awfully confusing to me.

You are right cookiemonster, bras are instruments of torture. Imagine under-wired underpants...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:41 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
You have to put up with ladders in tights as well. They seem quite annoying to me.

Annoying and expensive. Hence the waxing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:41 am

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

In my mind, yes. I never talk to them regularly. I always work from the assumption that all posters on a site are male and change my presumption when I am in possession of the facts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I've never quite understood the idea behind tights. I mean the ones with designs on them I get and some of them can look very attractive (I recall seeing a lady wearing ones which had a red stripe running up the back which were alltogether disconcerting for an early morning Cookie on the luas) but the purpose of bog standard brown tights I don't get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

In my mind, yes. I never talk to them regularly. I always work from the assumption that all posters on a site are male and change my presumption when I am in possession of the facts.

Perhaps there is a need for a third gender in cyberspace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:44 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I've never quite understood the idea behind tights. I mean the ones with designs on them I get and some of them can look very attractive (I recall seeing a lady wearing ones which had a red stripe running up the back which were alltogether disconcerting for an early morning Cookie on the luas) but the purpose of bog standard brown tights I don't get.

Good if you want to raid a bank in a hurry. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:45 am

cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

You are right cookiemonster, bras are instruments of torture. Imagine under-wired underpants...

But surely the benefits outweigh the negative aspects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:47 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

But surely the benefits outweigh the negative aspects.

Only once you've got the underwiring out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:51 am

What does underwiring do?

(I read that as "underwriting" and it made much more sense, they too are a pain in the proverbial)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:52 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Aren't they supposed to be some form of insulation? I was under the impression that skirts provided less of an insulation than trousers. Since women were culturally forbidden to wear trousers, the idea of wearing tights arose. I would imagine they have a warming effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:54 am

cookiemonster wrote:
What does underwiring do?

Lifts and spreads, just like an efficient tax system!

Quote :
(I read that as "underwriting" and it made much more sense, they too are a pain in the proverbial)

No, you can't get underwriting pants anymore. The global stock of them was bought up by Bear Stearns employees at $2 a pair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 am

Really? I can't imagine they would offer much insulation, they're very thin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:57 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Really? I can't imagine they would offer much insulation, they're very thin.

Youre right Cookiemonster. They are almost as non-functional as a tie is for a man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With   Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With Empty

Back to top Go down

Things Wimmin Have to Put Up With
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next