Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Possible Good News

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Possible Good News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:00 am

cactus flower wrote:
I got my first payment for a half dozen eggs yesterday. We are going to save up the egg money for a hen party.

Eggscellent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:14 am

cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
Here’s another one for you Johno, more reasons to be cheerful.

From RTE.
It has been confirmed that British and French nuclear submarines collided in the Atlantic Ocean earlier this month.
Britain's HMS Vanguard and France's Le Triomphant were both damaged in the crash in the early hours of 4 February, but there were no reports of damage to the nuclear parts.”

We may be headed for a 6% loss but at least we’re not afraid to look were we’re going.

Another one, tonys: a US "communications / telecoms satellite" crashed crashed into a Russian Satellite over Siberia two days ago, and telephone services were barely interrupted at all.

Quote :
Minimal impact’ on Iridium service
Iridium Holdings LLC has a system of 65 active satellites which relay calls from portable phones that are about twice the size of a regular mobile phone. It has more than 300,000 subscribers. The U.S. Department of Defense is one of its largest customers.

In a statement, Iridium said the collision would have "minimal impact" on service.

"This satellite loss may result in very limited service disruption in the form of brief, occasional outages," the statement said. "Iridium expects to implement a network solution by Friday."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29147679/

If you go onto the heavens above website
www.heavens-above.com/
and register your location, it will tell you the next time that you will be able to see an Iridium Flare. This is when before dawn and after dusk sunlight flashes off an Iridium satellite. From the ground it looks like a slow moving flash in the middle of a pitch dark sky, very impressive on these clear winter nights, and even better if you keep it to yourself until you have a few mates around and bet them some Euro that a flash will appear in the sky. Remember that the bigger the minus number for magnitude the bigger the flash.The website predicts the ISS passes and other great stuff as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 am

I heard in the news that 70 jobs were created by a butchers today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:40 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Fast food chain KFC plans to defy the high street gloom by creating 9,000 jobs as consumers try to eat out for less, it was reported today.

The fried chicken chain is to invest €167m in a scheme which will see it open as many as 300 new restaurants over the next three to five years, according to a report in the Daily Telegraph.

KFC said it was enjoying strong growth in the recession as people were drawn to cheaper deals.

Chief executive Martin Shuker said he believed the chain was not only taking market share from rivals like McDonald’s, but that the sector as a whole was growing.

“You can buy a bargain bucket in our restaurants that will feed a family of four for a tenner,” he said.

Mr Shuker said each new restaurant would employ between 25 and 40 people working shifts.

It is understood the new branches will reflect the current profile of its sites, with 38% owned by the chain and the rest franchised.
http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/?jp=mhsnsnkfeyau
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:42 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Fast food chain KFC plans to defy the high street gloom by creating 9,000 jobs as consumers try to eat out for less, it was reported today.

The fried chicken chain is to invest €167m in a scheme which will see it open as many as 300 new restaurants over the next three to five years, according to a report in the Daily Telegraph.

KFC said it was enjoying strong growth in the recession as people were drawn to cheaper deals.

Chief executive Martin Shuker said he believed the chain was not only taking market share from rivals like McDonald’s, but that the sector as a whole was growing.

“You can buy a bargain bucket in our restaurants that will feed a family of four for a tenner,” he said.

Mr Shuker said each new restaurant would employ between 25 and 40 people working shifts.

It is understood the new branches will reflect the current profile of its sites, with 38% owned by the chain and the rest franchised.
[url=http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/?jp=mhsnsnkfeyau
http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/?jp=mhsnsnkfeyau[/quote[/url]]

And look at this, the creators of the Crackberry still can't keep up with demand!

Research in Motion to hire 3,000 more staff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 am

Who is spinning all this mad job propaganda Ard Taoiseach ? Do they really think we're supposed to believe the Civil Servants will be buying Blackberries and twittering on them left right and centre in KFC over a 10-piece bucket and chips for €16,99 ?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 2:09 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Who is spinning all this mad job propaganda Ard Taoiseach ? Do they really think we're supposed to believe the Civil Servants will be buying Blackberries and twittering on them left right and centre in KFC over a 10-piece bucket and chips for €16,99 ?!

I doubt it's propaganda, Auditor. They have 159 positions vacant in EMEA 908 in North America and a further 79 places in Asia Pacific.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 am

At cheztonys, which I have to myself tonight, I just found an unopened tin of Jacob’s Afternoon Tea biscuits left over from the Christmas.
They are unopened no longer, enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:08 am

I found a euro on the ground today. Let us rejoice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:47 am

I ate some seaweed yesterday - mighty for the bowels ...

I found some Japanese seaweed in Tesco in Ennis today - great for making sushi which is great for the bowels ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 am

Have you ever had sushi in a restaurant, Audi? There is a place in the Dundrum Shopping Centre where it zips past you on conveyer belts:

Possible Good News - Page 4 20070810
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:00 am

I've eaten it in Paris, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Sidney, San Francisco, Melbourne and Yammamori Noodles. I've made it a few times too and zested it up with Wasabe and Soy Sauce And ginger.

I love it a lot, the sushi. Do you like it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 am

I just had it once in Selfridges in London, it was grand. I think I would have to have it a few more times before passing judgment. You are quite the sushi connoisseur!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:21 am

It's all the same though, generally. Oh I forgot to mention Spain where it was crap. It's pretty simple - seaweed, rice, fish inside. Soy and ginger and wasabe on the side. Simple. Some miso soup or a bowl of ramen and a hot bottle of non-alcoholic sake.

Where it gets complicated is when you throw Seamus O'Connell into the ingredients. The twisted fecker in his Ivory Tower down in Cork has invented a weird Aran Islands species of sushi called 'Breakfast Roll Man Sushi' where instead of raw tuna, avocados and other stuff he puts sausages, rashers, fried eggs, brown sauce ....

Those are the kinds of rolls that Breakfast Roll Man would be eating if FG were in charge of the Developers Wink

Possible Good News - Page 4 Makizushi-step4

Possible Good News - Page 4 Sushi_open

Possible Good News - Page 4 Sushi%2BMachen%2B010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:04 am

Martin Mansergh is about to go on Vincenzo. If his last two outings are anything to go by, we are in for great entertainment. Does that count as good news?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:12 am

Goddam it I can't get TV3. You couldn't record it and stick it on youtube ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:18 am

Let us know how he gets on. I'm comfortable upstairs so don't want to have to go down to put the tv on Razz.

You aren't missing much not having TV3, Auditor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:22 am

He hasn't humiliated himself yet. Though the Indo have done a good job on Cowen for tomorrow morning. LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:25 am

TV3 not that great so ? Ah that's good news then.

So Manzer hasn't been shrieking on the show then? What does he look like when he's hitting the decibels - are there any gesticulations or what?

I've heard him a fair bit on radio ramping himself up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 am

What does the Indo have to say?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:27 am

coc wrote:
He hasn't humiliated himself yet. Though the Indo have done a good job on Cowen for tomorrow morning. LOL.
Opinion by headline, there's a surprise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:30 am

johnfás wrote:
The Indo doesn't say anything, it screams, and mostly rubbish at that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:32 am

Cowen Dined Privately With Anglo Bank Chiefs

(in the period after Bertie stepped down and before Brian go the top job)

I wonder what they talked about? Should this post be moved from the Good News thread?

Last edited by coc on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:33 am

tonys wrote:
johnfás wrote:
The Indo doesn't say anything, it screams, and mostly rubbish at that.

We all know that but it doesn't particularly answer my question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:33 am

Wow, he had dinner with some directors of the third largest bank in Ireland... that is hardly a scandal. I'm sure he dined with alot of people in that period.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Good News
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next