Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Possible Good News

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Possible Good News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Great video from the American dude, Sums up the whole situation better than anyone could. That is a classic. Watch his numbers they will probably freeze it at 204. This video will go viral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 12:32 pm

youngdan wrote:
Great video from the American dude, Sums up the whole situation better than anyone could. That is a classic. Watch his numbers they will probably freeze it at 204. This video will go viral

He might sound noisy but he's talking about a lot of what he hears on the news and reads in the papers. A lot of his videos have gone viral but he's getting removed from youtube for terms of violation. Below he is talking about 'monetizing the debt' and he predicts the dollar is going down Geithner's or Thain's $50k toilet.

He needs to get a new account or new website or tone his language down as they are banning his videos - can you believe that shi*?

Is it true that Bush sent cheques out to everyone last year by the way? Money directly from the Fed? But maybe we're off topic here ..

walstreetpro2 on monetizing the debt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36yibpLUek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 12:44 pm

They are not baning him for language they are banning him because the message delivery is great and could go viral.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:08 pm

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
tonys wrote:
There's a bit of a good news story here from the tribune,
http://www.tribune.ie/article/2009/feb/15/international-monetary-fund-gives-ireland-the-thum/

It seems to indicate that we might not be dead yet, does anyone know where I can lock it away in case anyone sees it?

I have a suggestion... ah, no, sorry, tis too easy and cheap...

I don't think anyone was seriously suggesting the IMF yet, were they? Surely the EU would step in first to protect themselves as well as us. But I can't see it as great news that we haven't turned into early 90s Russia yet, only as moderately unfrightening...

As the IMF is running out of money they may be hesitant... (is this good news too ?)
No it's not because the're hesitant, it's because they don't think it's necessary. They see the Irish situation as serious but manageable, but that's probably not what you want to hear is it? and that's probably why stories such as this one get ignored on sites like this.

It hasn't been ignored, tonys, we're posting about it right here and now.
Late in the day and only now because I put it up after waiting to see if anyone else would.
Face it CF, there is a lack of balance & perspective here that needs at least to be acknowledged.

There is a predominance of one side ofthe argument on this site but I think that posters have done their best to allow as many views in as possible by not abusing others in the same way as happens elsewhere. Hopefully the site will become more balanced and even more informative. I think people are doing a good job on keeping the site open for alternative views.

People will post on the topics they find interesting. Doom and gloom is just more fun than a generally positive news story. That is why disasters gain momentum. As long as people post fairly we cannot criticise them for posting on what they want to post. It is the posters of the other hue who are not posting here that are the problem. In fairness, I don't know if they are posting anywhere.

The site is about the machine nation. An interesting aspect of this is the way in which those opposed to the Government take control of most internet forums. I think there are a multiple reasons for this. If I was a consultant to a Government party I would probably examine them. However, that kind of navel gazing should be in a separate thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
There is a predominance of one side ofthe argument on this site but I think that posters have done their best to allow as many views in as possible by not abusing others in the same way as happens elsewhere. Hopefully the site will become more balanced and even more informative. I think people are doing a good job on keeping the site open for alternative views.

People will post on the topics they find interesting. Doom and gloom is just more fun than a generally positive news story. That is why disasters gain momentum. As long as people post fairly we cannot criticise them for posting on what they want to post. It is the posters of the other hue who are not posting here that are the problem. In fairness, I don't know if they are posting anywhere.

The site is about the machine nation. An interesting aspect of this is the way in which those opposed to the Government take control of most internet forums. I think there are a multiple reasons for this. If I was a consultant to a Government party I would probably examine them. However, that kind of navel gazing should be in a separate thread.
You will see if you read my posts on this thread, I do not criticise posters for not being balanced in their posts, I merely point out that they are in fact not balanced in their posts. I do not ask them to change their ways, that would be asking the impossible and what’s it to me anyway, I ask only that they acknowledge and maybe take into account that there is a lack of balance.

In the wash of negativity that is the norm on sites like this I think it is important for someone to point out that the flow of information as presented is unbalanced, is not the full and therefore not a true picture of the state of play.

Two things are interesting so far on this thread, 1. No one disputes that the site is lacking in balance, but very few are at the same time prepared to openly acknowledge that either. 2. While the message is not denied it is made very clear it is most unwelcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Quote :
Two things are interesting so far on this
thread, 1. No one disputes that the site is lacking in balance, but
very few are at the same time prepared to openly acknowledge that
either. 2. While the message is not denied it is made very clear it is
most unwelcome.
Could you be a bit more precise, tonys? Any chance you could link to the posts where "it is very clear it is most unwelcome"? It's just I'd like to get a balanced view before posting on this subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:03 pm

floatingingalway wrote:
Quote :
Two things are interesting so far on this
thread, 1. No one disputes that the site is lacking in balance, but
very few are at the same time prepared to openly acknowledge that
either. 2. While the message is not denied it is made very clear it is
most unwelcome.
Could you be a bit more precise, tonys? Any chance you could link to the posts where "it is very clear it is most unwelcome"? It's just I'd like to get a balanced view before posting on this subject.
Tone is an important factor. I’m not sure if you’re best placed to pick up on that, but sure give it a go anyway…read the thread right through to the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Quote :
Tone is an important factor. I’m not sure if
you’re best placed to pick up on that, but sure give it a go
anyway…read the thread right through to the end.
If you're not sure if I'm best placed on that why don't you sum it up for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm

floatingingalway wrote:
Quote :
Tone is an important factor. I’m not sure if
you’re best placed to pick up on that, but sure give it a go
anyway…read the thread right through to the end.
If you're not sure if I'm best placed on that why don't you sum it up for me.
Because I don't care whether you can see it or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Tonys, would you ever stop whining. There are a plethora of views on this site. Cactus and I agree on few things, Hermes and I agree on few things, Cookie and FA agree on few things, Ibis and others agree on few things. Start debating rather than just feeling sorry for yourself because not many people agree with you on something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you tonys, for ploughing your lonely furrow on this Site, and to assure you that imo the place would be much the worse off without it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:49 pm

tonys wrote:
You will see if you read my posts on this thread, I do not criticise posters for not being balanced in their posts, I merely point out that they are in fact not balanced in their posts. I do not ask them to change their ways, that would be asking the impossible and what’s it to me anyway, I ask only that they acknowledge and maybe take into account that there is a lack of balance.

The site is not perfectly balanced. There you have it. What is to be done once the problem is acknowledged?

BTW, 99% of people who think their views are balanced are fooling themselves. FACT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:54 pm

2. While the message is not denied it is made very clear it is most unwelcome.

Double post
Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:58 pm

tonys wrote:

Double post
Sorry.

Jaysus will you get out of the corner and stop writing in small letters. Of course your opposing opinion is welcome Exclamation

You are bringing balance to the Force. (but no positive statistics I see scratch )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Tonys you love a scrap, you'd have no interest in the place if it was totally balanced Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Where can we find some more Government supporters to post here ? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:20 pm

johnfás wrote:
Tonys, would you ever stop whining. There are a plethora of views on this site. Cactus and I agree on few things, Hermes and I agree on few things, Cookie and FA agree on few things, Ibis and others agree on few things. Start debating rather than just feeling sorry for yourself because not many people agree with you on something.
Who’s whining?
Agreement or lack of it is not the issue, not for me anyway, I don’t think I could ever be accused of seeking agreement.
The propensity of posters to post only negative news is the issue and following on from that the acceptance of this entirely negative view as the reality is the result, leading to references of the forthcoming starvation of the populace and whether rice or tins of beans are better for storage, ffs people get a grip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:25 pm

cactus flower wrote:
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you tonys, for ploughing your lonely furrow on this Site, and to assure you that imo the place would be much the worse off without it.
I seem to have expressed myself badly, I'm not saying I feel unwelcome, I am saying pointing out that the views posted are unbalanced and almost entirely negative is unwelcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
tonys wrote:

The site is not perfectly balanced. There you have it. What is to be done once the problem is acknowledged?.
Nothing.
Maybe some might take it into account when deciding how many tins of beans to store or when they're considering the power of negative thought and where it might lead them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:33 pm

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
I seem to have expressed myself badly, I'm not saying I feel unwelcome, I am saying pointing out that the views posted are unbalanced and almost entirely negative is unwelcome.

Are you suggesting that you are posting in some kind of lunatic asylum What a Face ?

tonys, we have at least one thing in common: no one here agrees with my outlook either.

Last edited by cactus flower on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:

Double post
Sorry.

Jaysus will you get out of the corner and stop writing in small letters. Of course your opposing opinion is welcome Exclamation See above for that.

You are bringing balance to the Force. (but no positive statistics I see scratch )I do not necessarily regret the lack of balance, I just point it out.
Ask yourself this, why is there such a strong reaction to the negativity being highlighted, are people wallowing in it, are they more comfortable with it, does it save them from having to do something to improve their own situation. I don't know the answer, but I can see it raises a question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pm

unaligned wrote:
Tonys you love a scrap, you'd have no interest in the place if it was totally balanced Very Happy
This is very true and I'm not complaining about the lack of balance, I'm just pointing it out. That seems to have upset some people, but that's what I'm here for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Right. Now that is settled, are we ready to move on then to what you mean by "balance"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm

cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Are you suggesting that you are posting in some kind of lunatic asylum What a Face ?

tonys, we have at least one thing in common: no one here agrees with my outlook either.
And that's as it should be, opposing views are not a danger and only good can come of it, its posters patting one another on the back, saying how wonderful each other are and thereby confirming their possible mutual lunacy wherein the danger lies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:55 pm

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

And that's as it should be, opposing views are not a danger and only good can come of it, its posters patting one another on the back, saying how wonderful each other are and thereby confirming their possible mutual lunacy wherein the danger lies.

Especially so in cases like yours tonys Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Good News   Possible Good News - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Good News
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next