Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The weather thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage

The weather thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Yep, still snowing away here and has been for the last couple of hours at least, non-stop.

I've a lot of driving to do tomorrow - I'm hoping for a gloriously sunny afternoon to melt it all, though... yeah right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 1:01 pm

In the style of jonhfás, the view from a bedroom window...
The weather thread - Page 9 P2080710
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 1:07 pm

And from another window. Not sure if the rams are visible - poor feckers. Apparently they are happy enough in this weather.

The weather thread - Page 9 P2080711
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Very heavy rain here now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:53 pm

johnfás wrote:
Very heavy rain here now.

Same here. It's very dispiriting. All the lovely morning snow has been washed away and the roads are covered in water which'll freeze over tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:47 am

Finally, that post all you global warming sceptics have been waiting for... Jan 0.7oC colder than average (Dublin airport), coldest since 2001 country wide.

Average for feb so far... 1.3oC. Average: 5oC.

Admittedly, this will probably change... it can only get warmer???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:20 am

expat girl wrote:
Finally, that post all you global warming sceptics have been waiting for... Jan 0.7oC colder than average (Dublin airport), coldest since 2001 country wide.

Average for feb so far... 1.3oC. Average: 5oC.

Admittedly, this will probably change... it can only get warmer???

"Coldest since 2001" isn't exactly a record-breaker...I'm slightly surprised it's not a colder average, although snow doesn't require very low temperatures.

Last edited by ibis on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 am

You generally get snow when a cold front hits a warmer front (carrying rain), right? Asks me who did actually get an A in leaving cert geog Razz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:35 am

The weather's been pretty so-so today. I hate the way the snow has turned to slush and the roads are freezing over to ice. Snow would be so much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:57 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
The weather's been pretty so-so today. I hate the way the snow has turned to slush and the roads are freezing over to ice. Snow would be so much better.

The pavements of Merrion Square are a mosaic of frozen lumps. Slippery and ankle-twisting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:57 am

The Irish independent says today that the winter is the coldest for 30 years. That seems pretty straightforward to me. Maybe Papal Kmight will explain how it is really warm like he does when polls refuse to show FG rising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Overcast - lots of cloud and moisture, low breezes from west and north ...

The weather thread - Page 9 Weathe14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather thread
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9