Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The weather thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

The weather thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 4:39 am

Why does date of birth and death of body have the same abbreviation ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:06 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Why does date of birth and death of body have the same abbreviation ?

Yes, the latter should be 'bod' rather than 'dob', to make it clearer they're like bookends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:18 am

Why are we suddenly talking about birth and death date abbrevs.? Or should I read back several pages in the thread? It's an interesting question EVM, but it's a massive paradigm shift from snow to birth and death certificates. Just wondering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Still plenty of snow falling at the moment...

The weather thread - Page 7 Img_0014
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Not a flake here yet but pretty cold - is it more or less all around Dublin now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Most of it has been washed away here. We're getting the odd flurry every now and then but I think the ground is too wet to get another good covering. The grass is still white though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:20 pm

I take it back, heavy flurries again and it has started to stick. A nice white blanket is developing on the road outside the study window which will be duly destroyed when everyone spins home from work.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Here too. Bucketing down and sticking.

The weather thread - Page 7 Snow2010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:37 pm

The weather thread - Page 7 Img_0015
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 pm

did ye take them with yeer special camras or with the mobiles?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Eased off a bit now but still falling. It will last on the grass for a few days now.The weather thread - Page 7 Img_0016
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Camera. I got it fixed under warranty. My phone camera is rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Getting buckets of snow again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Dublin direction?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Snowing in the Capital alright. Was sleet but stickier on the grass now. Roads look ok for the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm out studying in UCD - bucket loads of snow again. Looks great but no doubt is going to cause the same carnage on the roads as it did on Tuesday. It took my girlfriend's father 4.5 hours to drive to Bray from town on Tuesday evening and when I was driving into town there were Fire Brigades everywhere trying to unblock drains... we don't do foresight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:57 pm

The snow turned to sleet and rain and everything appeared to be melting over the lunch time. Things have deteriorated in the last hour though with a freah fall which is sticking again. Time to hit the road for those with a long treck to the suburbs. Rumour of the airport and M50 being closed too.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Yeh, the airport is closed Zhou.

The forecast seems to be more intermittent snow showers up to Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:46 pm

The weather here is unrelenting. It is the warm part of the day and it is -10 centigrade.

The only good thing is that this record breaking months long freeze will shut up all but the most deranged global warmers.

I suppose it is beautifull and mild whereever Ibis is living. Can you send me a blanket Ibis and don't spare the suntan lotion. Heatstroke can fry the brain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Dammit. Was to fly off to visit much missed relations tomorrow. The prospects are slipping away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm

More slosh than slush really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:13 am

I've given up posting on this thread becaus eI'm sure noone really appreciate me going on about the nice summer we are having. About two weeks ago we went through a few days of intense heat - those watching the tennis might have heard. it was extremely hot, reaching up to the second hotest recorded temp in Melbourne ever, 45.1. It tell you, it fell to 30 and it felt so cool by comparison. They almost declared a state of emergancy apparently.

Anyway, the heat will be back tomorrow, they are being vague but ts expected to beat the record. The state premier has advised people to stay in and fear the worst.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/worst-day-in-history-brumby-warns-of-fire-danger-20090206-7zf1.html

It its worse than last time I predict fighting in the street - thats not a joke, the heat makes the most mild mannered people very grouchy. Needless to say, as a good environmentalist, I don't have air-con. Anyway, snow sounds delightful by comparison!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 am

shutuplaura wrote:
I've given up posting on this thread becaus eI'm sure noone really appreciate me going on about the nice summer we are having. About two weeks ago we went through a few days of intense heat - those watching the tennis might have heard. it was extremely hot, reaching up to the second hotest recorded temp in Melbourne ever, 45.1. It tell you, it fell to 30 and it felt so cool by comparison. They almost declared a state of emergancy apparently.

Anyway, the heat will be back tomorrow, they are being vague but ts expected to beat the record. The state premier has advised people to stay in and fear the worst.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/worst-day-in-history-brumby-warns-of-fire-danger-20090206-7zf1.html

It its worse than last time I predict fighting in the street - thats not a joke, the heat makes the most mild mannered people very grouchy. Needless to say, as a good environmentalist, I don't have air-con. Anyway, snow sounds delightful by comparison!

My wife and daughter went snowballing in the park this afternoon. Sadly, I was at a meeting. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:02 am

shutuplaura wrote:

Please keep posting about the Melbourne weather (if only to dilute the tephigrammers polluting this thread with science!)

It froze really hard here last night - the sky was the clearest I've ever seen it, like it was brand new, just out of the wrapper and the stars freshly polished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:11 pm

youngdan wrote:
I suppose it is beautifull and mild whereever Ibis is living. Can you send me a blanket Ibis and don't spare the suntan lotion. Heatstroke can fry the brain.
If you could bring yourself to lay off ibis and the others for a little while, youngdan, you could be in with a chance of this prize!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weather thread   The weather thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The weather thread
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next