Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Privatisation of Irish Politics

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage

The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:35 pm

I'm not sure if they were nuclear bombers, they were Russian Air Force planes.

And Cookie, will you say something for once. Justify [Mod]Snipped, personal abuse[/Mod] and your non-salary.

And I believe Gurdieff and Paul MacDonell were a little taken aback by the main man's napoleonic complex
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Kev Bar wrote:
I'm not sure if they were nuclear bombers, they were Russian Air Force planes.
You might want to check that, will impact on what sort of shelter you need to build.

Quote :
And Cookie, will you say something for once. [Mod]Snipped, personal abuse[/Mod] and your non-salary.
I say lots of stuff, most of it elsewhere where it's more useful and actually listened to and where I get feedback that doesn't resemble the rantings of people who normally reside in secure hospitals. My existence is well justified and the final part of your sentence is redundant.

Quote :

And I believe Gurdieff and Paul MacDonell were a little taken aback by the main man's napoleonic complex
You believe lots of things, but very few of those things have any basis in reality. This is yet another one of those things I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:22 pm

WorldbyStorm gives us his thoughts here on why the proposal for a subsidiary of Libertas Inc. was not welcome in the Czech Republic.

http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/uh-oh-someone-better-tell-chairman-ganley-the-prague-libertas-office-doesnt-appear-to-be-returning-his-calls/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:07 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Anticoalition wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
What the heck is this stuff about nuclear bombers? I thought Ullick only did refuelling?

The Irish Times reported that Ganley bought an air-force base in Russia, in the 1990s, which had a number of nuclear bombers still sitting on it. It may have been 20, not 40.

He owns these bombers, does he? Those russians will sell anything you know... Rolling Eyes

There are three registered organisations, you spoke about them before so you know this already.
I'd imagine he's been "quieter" because he's now the editor of Business and Finance and regularly publishes articles and editorials there.

I think we have already established that he claimed to have bought a forest and an abandoned Russian airbase which had 40 Tupelov Bear F , long range naval bombers (12,000 km). However we have also established that the airbase was still in use in 2002 when the assitant miltary prosecutor was among those killed in a military plane crash which took off from Kipolovo restricted Naval base. Yep the very same airport that Declan Ganley claimed he owned in 1996.
See the base: Fedotovo (Kipelovo). Russian Navy air base
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:26 pm

He owns the bombers, does he? You've also not established that he didn't own the base, have you? No. So once again your pathetic attempt to paint him as a liar has FAILED.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:58 pm

I think [Mod]Snipped, personal abuse[/Mod] will suffice. Nothing he says adds up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 9:00 pm

http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/uh-oh-someone-better-tell-chairman-ganley-the-prague-libertas-office-doesnt-appear-to-be-returning-his-calls/

WorldbyStorm is also struck by the corporate flavour of Libertas.

Quote :
"I tried to explain to him that setting up parties is a different thing than setting up businesses. If he has a business he can set up subsidiaries and he would then be the main shareholder of it. It is different with political parties,” said Mr Mach, who held talks with Mr Ganley on whether to join forces and form a Czech Libertas.

Now this, this is fascinating. It would appear that Libertas, or its founder, by Mach’s account, regarded itself as a business with Ganley as its CEO. What a telling insight into the worldview of our leading Irish eurosceptic… I mean of course… eurorealist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Frightened Albanian wrote:
I think bulls*** artist will suffice. Nothing he says adds up.

Nothing you say stacks up, everything is embellished with negitivity and suspicion and seems to suffer a void of hard fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:03 am

cookiemonster wrote:
He owns the bombers, does he? You've also not established that he didn't own the base, have you? No. So once again your pathetic attempt to paint him as a liar has FAILED.

"All your base are belong to us!" Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:45 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Nothing you say stacks up, everything is embellished with negitivity and suspicion and seems to suffer a void of hard fact.
that is a silly thing to say Cookie and ignores the countless facts posted here. You have failed to address any of them that show Ganley up.

eg Naoisie Nunn lying about Rivada employing him or ganleylying saying he was not an employee but a volunteer ? fact is Nunn was contradicted by Ganley but he sticks to his version.
etc etc aaif? ganley in Tirana ? Ganley's forest not being the biggest in Russia ? Liam Lawlor?

Last edited by Frightened Albanian on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:00 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Upper case, Cookie.
Obviously the Frightened Albanian, like all things Albanian, are a bit close to the bone.
And re painting Ganley as a liar ... well Prime Time showed us that.
Ganley says he has no idea who Kosta Trebicka is. Then he says he believes he is an unsavoury character.
So one comment belies the other.
Then Mrs Trebicka says her husband worked for AAIF as did she. She says she knew Dec and his bro Sean.
Now why would she say that.
Some Brussels based conspiracy reached out and used her as a ventriloquest dummy.
Come on Cookie. [Mod]Snipped, please substantiate[/Mod]. (Mods - i'll list furhter lies if you require...[Mod]Snipped, please do but please also give more details, preferably with identifiable sources[/Mod]).
So how much is your own reputation worth?
I hope for your own sake, given that you are committing credibility suicide, that your non-salary is vast.

Last edited by johnfás on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:25 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Do not use edit messages for personal abuse)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:28 am

Gentlemen. I would refer you to the guidelines which we have provided in relation to all discussion of Libertas on this website. The guidelines are available here and you have all been made aware of them previously. In particular if you are discussing any controversial issue or making any accusation such statements must be made in a clear and concise manner citing reasonable sources explaining their relevance to the point under discussion.

This thread is now under observation from the content team and any posts which contravene these guidelines are liable to unilateral editing and/or deletion.

I would also make reference to the fact that personalised attacks are not acceptable on this website which seeks to promote discussion in an atmosphere of mutual respect. Whether we agree with each other's opinions or not we will respect each other.

Once again, please ensure that all posts are in line with both the Machine Nation Charter and the supplementary protocols regarding Libertas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 am

Kev Bar wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Upper case, Cookie.
Obviously the Frightened Albanian, like all things Albanian, are a bit close to the bone.
Ganley says he has no idea who Kosta Trebicka is. Then he says he believes he is an unsavoury character.
Then Mrs Trebicka says her husband worked for AAIF as did she. She says she knew Dec and his bro Sean.
Some Brussels based conspiracy reached out and used her as a ventriloquest dummy.
Come on Cookie. [Mod]Snipped, please substantiate[/Mod]. (Mods - i'll list furhter lies if you require...[Mod]Snipped, please do but please also give more details, preferably with identifiable sources[/Mod]).
I hope for your own sake, given that you are committing credibility suicide, that your non-salary is vast.
First off, let me say that I know very little about Ganley or Libertas for that matter, a situation which, when I think about it at all, makes me feel all warm inside, I know little and what to know less.
I don’t know CM either and indeed we have an unresolved issue between us going back to the Politics.ie days, so, no love lost there either.

That said, to the point of my post, CM is not Ganley nor is he Libertas, he is an individual who happens to support their political view on the Lisbon treaty, as he is entitled to do. You, on the other hand do not support the view of Ganley or Libertas on Lisbon, as you are entitled to do, but that’s where your entitlements end.

In my opinion you are not entitled to harass CM as though he owes you an explanation for his political beliefs and is required to justify his position on Lisbon/Ganley/Libertas to your satisfaction. Like all of us, you get a right of reply and that’s all you get, now ffs, would you leave it at that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:45 am

Kev Bar wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Upper case, Cookie.

This is becoming really tedious. It has been empircally demonstrated in endless areas that Declan Ganley is a liar.
Declan said on Prime Time that he walked away from the Nana Bell contract.
Bonnie Carrol told Prime Time that the contract was rescinded. Suidnick for the CPA as well as T Christian Miller in his book Blood Money back up the fact that the contract was rescinded.
But for more important than being a liar.

T Christain Miller accuses DECLAN GANELY IN HIS SEARCH FOR A FAST BUCK OF BEING INDIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATHS OF COUNTLESS IRAQI POLICEMEN AND US SOLDIERS.

John Fas go read the book if you doubt me.
And re liar, read the threads where the accusations has been made countless times by others.
I suppose I should feel flattered that I appear to be the only person you bother modding... but I don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 am

We work chronologically, latest post first and work up. If you have a problem, PM me. Further discussion of moderation policy is off topic on this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:20 am

cookiemonster wrote:

that is a silly thing to say Cookie and ignores the countless facts posted here. You have failed to address any of them that show Ganley up.

eg Naoisie Nunn lying about Rivada employing him or ganleylying saying he was not an employee but a volunteer ? fact is Nunn was contradicted by Ganley but he sticks to his version.
etc etc aaif? ganley in Tirana ? Ganley's forest not being the biggest in Russia ? Liam Lawlor?

What you report as facts are far from it, they are factoids. When you do report fact you do so while stringing it together with unrelated issues or built on a foundation of your own wild assumptions, outright lies, skewed logic and a mismash of nonsense and non-relevant issues to present a picture so obviously trarnished by your desperate need to shine an ill light on Ganley for some unknown reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:29 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

What you report as facts are far from it, they are factoids. When you do report fact you do so while stringing it together with unrelated issues or built on a foundation of your own wild assumptions, outright lies, skewed logic and a mismash of nonsense and non-relevant issues to present a picture so obviously trarnished by your desperate need to shine an ill light on Ganley for some unknown reason.

Right Cookie, if you are keen to stay on topic, how about some kind of response to Petr Mach's comments, that are directly relevant to the OP ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:42 am

cactus flower wrote:

Right Cookie, if you are keen to stay on topic, how about some kind of response to Petr Mach's comments, that are directly relevant to the OP ?

If I saw fit to respond I would do it on the original site rather than to some half-baked regurgitation here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:59 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

If I saw fit to respond I would do it on the original site rather than to some half-baked regurgitation here.

Petr Mach is quoted in the Times as having no time for what Ganley is attempting to do, and is apparently bemused by Ganleys confusion between a corporation and a political party.

Quote :
Petr Mach has ruled out adopting the Libertas brand to compete in the European elections.

"I tried to explain to him that setting up parties is a different thing than setting up businesses. If he has a business he can set up subsidiaries and he would then be the main shareholder of it. It is different with political parties," said Mr Mach, who held talks with Mr Ganley on whether to join forces and form a Czech Libertas.

The talks broke down because Mr Mach wants to focus his party - which is called the Free Citizens' Party (Strana Svobodnych Obcanu) - on national rather than EU politics and not simply become a subsidiary of Libertas. It will campaign in the European elections, but its main goal is to become a force in Czech politics that can rival the ruling Civic Democrat party (ODS), which has recently distanced itself from Klaus over his Eurosceptic views ahead of the Czech Republic's elevation to the position of president of the EU's council of ministers.

Mr Ganley will now try to set up his own Libertas branch in the Czech Republic without Mr Mach. "Petr Mach is a Eurosceptic and I am not," Mr Ganley said yesterday while expressing confidence in his ability to run candidates in the Czech Republic in June.

"Where we run candidates on the ballot paper; they will be Libertas candidates and they won't be Eurosceptic," said Mr Ganley, who was in Poland at the weekend interviewing potential candidates. He said Libertas officials would visit the Czech Republic this week.

But Mr Mach said Mr Ganley's proposal to set up Libertas branches in every EU state was unlikely to work because there was no single European "demos" or public opinion.

"I think his [Ganley's] concept won't work. You simply cannot know the situation in all member states," Mr Mach said.

Whether or not cookiemonster wants to respond or not, Petr Mach responded very clearly.

The fact is that Ganley is trawling around every little far right bar room sized grouplet trying to find a few astro candidates for the EPs, and that so far the success rate has been very patchy. When it comes to the Mouvement Pour La France, all Ganley had for credibility was the Lisbon No vote that was certainly not all down to his account. The MPLF, is a large anti-Islamic right wing party that is well established with thousands of members. They may like to associate themselves with the Irish No vote, but will they run with Ganley's federalist vision for the EU? Who will decide on policy for Libertas ?- if the MPLF has votes proportionate to its size, they will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:01 am

cactus flower wrote:

Petr Mach is quoted in the Times as having no time for what Ganley is attempting to do, and is apparently bemused by Ganleys confusion between a corporation and a political party.

Yes, everybody saw it the last two times you posted it. Keep reaching for that star, Cactus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:04 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Yes, everybody saw it the last two times you posted it. Keep reaching for that star, Cactus.

The question is, what is Ganley reaching for? On performance so far it appears that it may well slip through his fingers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:00 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

It seems to me that Cactus could post it a thousand times and you will not respond directly to the questionbs and point CF raises. that is because there is no good Libertas spin that can be attached. The most laughable is the Ganley quote about how he won't run eurosceptic candidates. Why has he spent so much time cultivating and no doubt being cultivate dby them? Why were the early suggested European parties and politians Ganley cosied up to were all Euroscptics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

It seems to me that Cactus could post it a thousand times and you will not respond directly to the questionbs and point CF raises. that is because there is no good Libertas spin that can be attached. The most laughable is the Ganley quote about how he won't run eurosceptic candidates. Why has he spent so much time cultivating and no doubt being cultivate dby them? Why were the early suggested European parties and politians Ganley cosied up to were all Euroscptics?

CF doesn't raise it, Worldbystorn does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:26 am

This sh1te never ends, does it?

Cookie, responding gives certain obsessive posters a foil to work against and a pretext to continue. I suggest ignoring.

Others, if Ganley is dodgy it will sure as hell expose itself in time, at any rate if there was any real ammunition to use against him he'd be political toast. Until such emerges, stick to attacking Libertas' political views and European policy generally, in so far as they have any policies. The rest is exceedingly tiresome and nobody reads it apart from yourselves, because everyone else has you down as obsessive cranks given to long and tenuously linked posts cut and pasted from obscure Albanian sources. At any rate, pack-hunting one poster who has dared to disagree with you does not look good.

I can't face another year of this never-ending argument over obscure Albanian references and innuendo which nobody really knows has any basis in fact. Please learn the joys of having opinions on other things, you'll get used to it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:35 am

Toxic if you ahd read the thread you would see that we have tried to find out if Libertas have policies but it seems though they have a political party they don't have policies beyond No to Europe that they are willing to state.
Their catch cry of Transparency begs the same from their self appointed leader.
re "nobody reads it apart from yourselves" 25,000 people read the Primetime thread on P.ie so I think you are underestimating the interest.
Plus you read it Toxic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Privatisation of Irish Politics
Page 11 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next