Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Political Compass - Machine Nation

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:29 am

There were some questions that, while I didn't feel I agreed with the sentiment of the question, agreed with the statement. I can't remember what they were but I remember it annoyed me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:39 am

EVM and I are very close seemingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:41 am

Some of those questions really should be discussed on forums. Not right now though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:45 am

there ya go folks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:45 am

I've done it a few times before and I always come out with a different result. Alot of it comes down to whether you either agree or strongly agree. Which of course is heavily dependent on how you feel on any given day. Beyond that, there are some questions on which there is no answer which you agree with without further explanation.

The whole idea of comparing you to other famous people is of course a nonsense. How do they know where they stand. They don't, they just make it up.

I get quite a tickle from the fact that according to the registered graphs cactus is both more right wing and more authoritarian than I am.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:09 am

johnfás wrote:
The whole idea of comparing you to other famous people is of course a nonsense. How do they know where they stand. They don't, they just make it up.

Most of them are dead, so they neither agree nor disagree with anything. They are centrists now. We all eventually converge to the center.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:12 am

Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.

You have to be joking!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:20 am

ibis wrote:
Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.

You have to be joking!

Who me ? Genghis was authoritarian was he not ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:21 am

Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.

Damn right - no more mister nice guy! Twisted Evil

Chip the lot of them and make them pay for the privilege.

Vote Edo - a Desperate man for Desperate Times!

Now where did I put me Blueshirts and whip.....................................

Last edited by Edo on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:23 am

johnfás wrote:
I've done it a few times before and I always come out with a different result. Alot of it comes down to whether you either agree or strongly agree. Which of course is heavily dependent on how you feel on any given day. Beyond that, there are some questions on which there is no answer which you agree with without further explanation.

I get quite a tickle from the fact that according to the registered graphs cactus is both more right wing and more authoritarian than I am.

More dead centre, if you do't mind johnfás - *shakes shilleleagh*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:29 am

ibis wrote:
Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.

You have to be joking!

Who me ? Genghis was authoritarian was he not ?

Probably, although you'd be just as likely to find that he favoured consensus-building and full engagement within the Horde.

No, I meant Edo!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:43 am

Give them a good MRBI poll rating and before ya know it we're all in bondage. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:48 am

Give them a good MRBI poll rating and before ya know it we're all in bondage. Smile

You know you want it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:40 am

Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.
Sometimes you can be generous . Sometimes you need to unleash the wild
dogs. Now is the time for the latter. We could do with a Ghengis Kahn
figure running Ireland, weeding out the rot and showing no mercy on the
profligate class for about 6 months, before returning to more happier
politics.

I'm surprised about Cactus's position at dead centre. If I was of a
more suspicious disposition I might say that 0.00, 0.00 was a contrived
result, which would be in keeping with our ideal of the objective
impartiality of a moderator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 11:59 am

Respvblica wrote:
Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.
politics.

Or failure to fill in the form properly...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 12:14 pm

ibis wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.
politics.

I was surprised at it myself, Respvblica, especially as Zakalwe and I often see things differently. But I am not good enough at these things to have been able to fix it if I had wanted to. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 1:06 pm

Some very leading questions but interesting nonetheless. So Edo is our fascist outlier? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 1:22 pm

cactus flower wrote:
ibis wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
Edo wrote:
there ya go folks

Shocked
Genghis Edo.
politics.

I was surprised at it myself, Respvblica, especially as Zakalwe and I often see things differently. But I am not good enough at these things to have been able to fix it if I had wanted to. Evil or Very Mad

Dont take it bad if you say that my instinct is to believe you Embarassed

Last edited by Respvblica on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 pm

johnfás wrote:

Yep, I have done it twice, and varied between Jesus (how do they come up with such absurd reductionism) and Gandhi, which isn't that far, but reflects my varying between agree-disagree and strongly agree/disagree, plus my relative irritation with some of the questions. For example, questions about religious conviction do not reflect on left/right or social/authoritarian position at all, in my view, particularly given a belief in the separation of Church and State, so I'm never quite sure how to answer such questions. Like the question on sex outside marriage being immoral, how does a Catholic answer that, and what relevance to political placing? A Catholic might think that it is morally wrong but also that it is no business of the State and that the morality is subjective, i.e. that a non-Catholic might well disagree and should not be judged by those standards of private belief. So what do you say? Quite a few of the questions are similarly irritating, e.g. the abortion question (I assume that opposition is considered a 'right-wing' 'authoritarian' answer), which is absurd. If it weren't for those questions I'd be even further to the left...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:31 pm

I'm registered already. ECON -6.38, SOC -5.69, I change slightly every time I take the test but am always in or around that area (except when I was a commie, I would have been between -8 and -9 on ECON).

I think the test is heavily skewed towards left libertarian, so (0,0) is a right-wing authoritarian score.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Took it again for MN.
Economic Left/Right: -6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 pm

Also, I think the MN graph should definitely go on the portal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 9:14 pm

evercloserunion wrote:

Hmm. I don't know how easy that would be - it's possible, of course, but would probably involve either taking an occasional snapshot or else some complex messing about with iframes and/or javascript.

Excluding Edo, we are indeed a little to the left of p.ie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:27 pm

ibis wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Hmm. I don't know how easy that would be - it's possible, of course, but would probably involve either taking an occasional snapshot or else some complex messing about with iframes and/or javascript.

Excluding Edo, we are indeed a little to the left of p.ie.

Might be easier to add to the profile descriptions of users.

WooHoo (Sorry, I spotted this emoticon and had to try it out.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Political Compass - Machine Nation   Political Compass - Machine Nation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Political Compass - Machine Nation
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next