Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

BuachaillBeo is back !!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

BuachaillBeo is back !! Empty
PostSubject: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 11:46 am

Where were you !!?? Such convulsions you missed in the internet discussion forumsphere over on politics.ie My God !!

Did you miss it all?

welcome back by the way Cool

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:26 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 905 is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Gosh a thread all about me? As it happens I'm far to busy to look into p.ie at the moment. As I understand, it's all about Bertie and tribunerals. I have no interest in all of that.

As for where I was, last week was a holiday. I would be lying if I told ye I was in bed all day, listening to my music in alphabetical order and only slipping out to eat chocolate and watch films at three in the morning.

No, I was out in the wilds hunting deer and doing other manly stuff. Live free die hard, that's my motto.
BuachaillBeo is back !! Monty_Python_lumberjack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 7:32 pm

905 wrote:
Gosh a thread all about me? As it happens I'm far to busy to look into p.ie at the moment. As I understand, it's all about Bertie and tribunerals. I have no interest in all of that.

As for where I was, last week was a holiday. I would be lying if I told ye I was in bed all day, listening to my music in alphabetical order and only slipping out to eat chocolate and watch films at three in the morning.

No, I was out in the wilds hunting deer and doing other manly stuff. Live free die hard, that's my motto.
BuachaillBeo is back !! Monty_Python_lumberjack

rendeer Hope you didn't shoot Bambi's mother 905. Still good to have you back, and quite partial to braised venison myself if there is any going spare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 11:04 pm

That's no deerhunter. That's a lumberjack and he's ok. He works all night and he works all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:58 am

riadach wrote:
That's no deerhunter. That's a lumberjack and he's ok. He works all night and he works all day.
And a lot more besides... Wink
I knew somene would get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:25 pm

An bhfuil post agat anois?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Níl go fóill, ach tá mé ag feachaint timpeall. Bhí mo dheirfíur imithe leis an laptop, sin an fáth nach raibh mé timpeall an seachtain ar fad.

Being unemployed is a great lark though, how much d'ye get on the dole nowadays?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Good holyers, 905 ? Sunny ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:57 pm

No, good back-breaking labour under baking sun (for which I haven't been paid yet). What doesn't kill you and all that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Well there's always the Foreign Legion and your avatar shows a certain fondness for uniforms....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Kate P wrote:
Well there's always the Foreign Legion and your avatar shows a certain fondness for uniforms....

A feeling which is shared by others on this site...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 11:21 pm

For shame, AT.

But he's safe enough; there'll be no call for biker leathers where the Foreign Legion goes. And they wouldn't look well with those funny little hats that keep the sun off the back of your neck.

Thanks for Worf, by the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 pm

Kate P wrote:
For shame, AT.

Well, I didn't name any names, did I? Smile

Quote :
But he's safe enough; there'll be no call for biker leathers where the Foreign Legion goes. And they wouldn't look well with those funny little hats that keep the sun off the back of your neck.

Definitely not, the attraction would be rather limited, wouldn't it?

Quote :
Thanks for Worf, by the way.

Your very welcome, you'll have a pic of the whole bridge crew of the USS Enterprise D by the time I've done all the quizzes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Slim Buddha is back!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:33 pm

How's it going Slim Buddha ? Did you rewrite that German manifesto ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Slim Buddha is baaaaack !!!!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:34 pm

So is NDS cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:36 pm

We're saved ! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Yes I did write the German manifesto. But to add to my pain, I have been asked to expand on it. It must be completed by August 20th. So not out of the woods yet. Was in China for almost 2 weeks and it was an unforgettable experience. I will come back to this later but suffice to say that the TRIPS Agreements doesn't impact on the locals in Shanghai or Beijing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:36 am

Slim Buddha wrote:
Yes I did write the German manifesto. But to add to my pain, I have been asked to expand on it. It must be completed by August 20th. So not out of the woods yet. Was in China for almost 2 weeks and it was an unforgettable experience. I will come back to this later but suffice to say that the TRIPS Agreements doesn't impact on the locals in Shanghai or Beijing.

I'm delighted you're back Slim Buddha. I look forward to chatting with you about your travels and experiences here on the Machine Nation.

I'm glad NDS has decided to rejoin the debates. That should get lots of things going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 7:30 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

I'm delighted you're back Slim Buddha. I look forward to chatting with you about your travels and experiences here on the Machine Nation.

I'm glad NDS has decided to rejoin the debates. That should get lots of things going.

Good to be back, Ard, and looking forward to the cut and thrust of civilised debate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Well how are you Slim Buddha? Almost at the final hurdle? Excellent. Lots of nice juicy threads waiting here for you.

Kate P is in the process of planning a most uncivilised Speed Posting session. I hope you will be up for that too Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:53 pm

China's a life-changer, isn't it? I've never been to a place where I felt that the people didn't matter - and knew they didn't matter as they were just little, tiny expendable cogs in a mighty machine. I haven't been to Chad or Eritrea or Brazil but I find it hard to imagine that anywhere else in the world there could be such institutionalised disinterest in the individual. It's like a malaise, that heavy smog that hangs over Beijing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Slim Buddha is baaaaack !!!!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Well how are you Slim Buddha? Almost at the final hurdle? Excellent. Lots of nice juicy threads waiting here for you.

Kate P is in the process of planning a most uncivilised Speed Posting session. I hope you will be up for that too Very Happy

Hello, cactus flower. Nice to be back. I see you are taking an interest in the workings of the WTO. Interesting organisation with a agenda designed to preserve imbalance in world trade. I will be writing a lot on the WTO in the next months.

I hope you are keeping well and liebe Grüsse aus Zürich (where it is 26 degrees and sunny today).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Slim Buddha is baaaaack !!!!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Kate P wrote:
China's a life-changer, isn't it? I've never been to a place where I felt that the people didn't matter - and knew they didn't matter as they were just little, tiny expendable cogs in a mighty machine. I haven't been to Chad or Eritrea or Brazil but I find it hard to imagine that anywhere else in the world there could be such institutionalised disinterest in the individual. It's like a malaise, that heavy smog that hangs over Beijing.

Hi Kate, good to be back. China left a deep impression on me. I understand your point about the insignificance of the individual. Shanghai was mind-blowing. Especially trying to appreciate the change in the Pudong area where essentially a fully functioning city within a city of 2 million people has been built in the last 13 years. With infrastructure including a first-class airport and a 431 Km/H top speed rail link to the city.
The Chinese think totally in a different way about things like private property. It doesn't exist in their view of the world. They see the successes of the collective effort on a macro level but embrace competition within the micro level. It was breathtaking. China has the capacity to "own" the 21st century. But the dark side is very dark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: MikeW is baacckk !!!!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:51 pm

MikeW where have you been??? You're very welcome back !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:16 pm

Jays, me own thread.....

Kept busy, new baby and lot of work on at mo means little sleep! I try not to post when that happens cause I get ratty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BuachaillBeo is back !!   BuachaillBeo is back !! Empty

Back to top Go down

BuachaillBeo is back !!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next