Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 pm

candide wrote:
You are a scholar and a gentleman Johnfás, even if it's Bollinger. Let me find another glass..... Very Happy

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 2419306944_aa8222bccb

Recession - what recession....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Tried that with a couple of bottles of Cava once... gets very messy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Recession - what recession....

This celebration comes with the full backing of the Central Bank of the Machine Nation, so keep drinking lads. I might have a glass myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Here's another thing I once tried that gets messy:

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Cimg1510
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:17 pm

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Boboti10

And the Bobotie is just out of the oven... I think we have a party going.... bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 pm

What in God's name is that, johnfás? Voluntary suffocation? That is not going on the CB's tab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:24 pm

It is blowing a condom up on one's head and I can assure you they inflate significantly larger than that image would have you believe. I think I have a video of us doing it somewhere.

It just goes to show the rigorous standard Kenyan Government issued condoms have to go through Very Happy.

Last edited by johnfás on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Now, Johnfás, a little bubbly has gone to your head.

I have just proved my novice status again by failing to get the images of the rice dish and salad to accompany the bobotie on the screen. And after all my slaving in the kitchen for my 100th party. Well the great thing here, apart from free champagne and good company is no washing up!!

Keep pouring there Árd Taoiseach. We never died a winter yet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 pm

johnfás wrote:
It is blowing a condom up on one's head and I can assure you they inflate significantly larger than that image would have you believe. I think I have a video of us doing it somewhere.

A condom.....wouldn't that be covered in spermicide and suchlike?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 pm

They would be... slimy, eh?

We got a box of 100 of them from an Asian man dressed in an army uniform as we passed through a remote part of Kenya.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Cimg1410
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

johnfás wrote:
They would be... slimy, eh?

Well, yeah.

Quote :
We got a box of 100 of them from an Asian man dressed in an army uniform as we passed through a remote part of Kenya.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Cimg1410

Now that's bizarre. He wrapped them as well. It must be some sort of custom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:39 pm

You do come across some very odd characters in remote parts of Africa. He had just built himself an enormous underground pub that resembled Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, complete with a river flowing through it... when he heard it was one of our birthday's he said he had a present... it was a box of 100 Government issues condoms... then he tried to sell us all sorts of drugs.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 3510
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:42 pm

johnfás wrote:
You do come across some very odd characters in remote parts of Africa. He had just built himself an enormous underground pub that resembled Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, complete with a river flowing through it... when he heard it was one of our birthday's he said he had a present... it was a box of 100 Government issues condoms... then he tried to sell us all sorts of drugs.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 3510

Fascinating. That place there looks so unique.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 pm

It was, he kept on telling us that we had to come see his bar and we were putting it off but when he eventually persuaded us, it was quite a remarkable experience. It was a bit like the bat cave, you had to go down this winding tunnel to get down to it.

Then he gave us a load of free marshmallows... or so he said anyway... nah they were.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:47 pm

johnfás wrote:
It was, he kept on telling us that we had to come see his bar and we were putting it off but when he eventually persuaded it, it was quite a remarkable experience. It was a bit like the bat cave, you had to go down this winding tunnel to get down to it.

I'd say it was some experience. Was it very far beneath the ground, because that glassy roof looks like it's letting some fairly direct light shine in.

Quote :
Then he gave us a load of free marshmallows... or so he said anyway... nah they were.

Free? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:53 pm

It was down about 20 feet, the roof was at ground level.

And yup - free!

We were at his place to go and see this - quite a remarkable sight:

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Flamin10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:57 pm

johnfás wrote:
It was down about 20 feet, the roof was at ground level.

Oh I see, that makes sense.

Quote :
We were at his place to go and see this - quite a remarkable sight:

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Flamin10

That's incredible. The photo is made even more effective by the fact that the whiter flamingos have arranged themselves in the foreground of the shot while pinker and redder equivalents occupy the background. It's because of the shellac that they eat that it dyes their feathers pink, isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:59 pm

From the sublime to the mundane....

The washing machine has broken down, full of wet washing and half full of water. I've made the enormous mistake of involving my wonderful and much loved husband, hopelessly inexperienced in the ways of washing machines (yes, he had one of those mothers) in the emptying of it, simply because I couldn't physically twist the filter to let the water out slowly in a way that it can be contemporaneously mopped up without causing a flood. And yes, I did lose a nail in the process.

We'll now be lifting off the dryer which is sitting on it, and lifting up the machine to let the water run out into a basin.

We don't have a basin, but that's a small matter.

If we're still married in an hour, I'll be back to share in the bubbly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:00 am

Kate P wrote:

If we're still married in an hour, I'll be back to share in the bubbly. Very Happy

Godspeed, Kate. May the Force be with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:01 am

That is precisely it, Ard. It is at Lake Nakuru, on which there is generally over one million flamingoes. More recently however, Nakuru is known as one of the centres of the recent Kenyan violence.

All the pink stuff here are flamingoes:
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Flamingos-at-Lake-Nakuru
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:05 am

johnfás wrote:
That is precisely it, Ard. It is at Lake Nakuru, on which there is generally over one million flamingoes. More recently however, Nakuru is known as one of the centres of the recent Kenyan violence.

All the pink stuff here are flamingoes:
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Flamingos-at-Lake-Nakuru

Wow, another beautiful photograph. They seem to shimmer in the sun when looked at from this height.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:20 am

Kate P wrote:
From the sublime to the mundane....

The washing machine has broken down, full of wet washing and half full of water. I've made the enormous mistake of involving my wonderful and much loved husband, hopelessly inexperienced in the ways of washing machines (yes, he had one of those mothers) in the emptying of it, simply because I couldn't physically twist the filter to let the water out slowly in a way that it can be contemporaneously mopped up without causing a flood. And yes, I did lose a nail in the process.

We'll now be lifting off the dryer which is sitting on it, and lifting up the machine to let the water run out into a basin.

We don't have a basin, but that's a small matter.

I'll make sure we keep some. You will need and deserve it. By the way you are now our newest member Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:23 am

Nothing wrong with those mothers - I have one myself Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:29 am

johnfás wrote:
Nothing wrong with those mothers - I have one myself Very Happy.

Poor you.

I had to gently introduce a terrified husband to the washing machine; one of those situations where he had a fascination for the workings of the thing but a terror of the thing itself borne out of years of being told it was something sacred when in fact, it is not. It took him six years to build up the courage to actually put on a wash and eight to take out the iron of his own volition without fear of the arrival of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

This is the same man who'll happily take apart a John Deere tractor in the yard and put it back together again and has the responsibility for hundreds of ovine and bovine lives.

And thirty years of operant conditioning by his mother makes him tremble in front of a spin cycle.

Poor you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:32 am

candide wrote:
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Boboti10

And the Bobotie is just out of the oven... I think we have a party going.... bounce

That looks good. What's in it ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 24 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next