Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:22 am

I love Charlie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 1:30 am

Katie P wrote:
I love Charlie.

Indeed. He is so kind, capable and considerate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:06 am

Can hardly keep my eyes open but listening to John Martyn in concert on RTE 1 - spellbinding stuff for the early hours of a Monday morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 am

Yes, I'm enjoying this too. Listened to him play many times, he will be sadly missed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Why has Kate P changed her name? I prefered "Kate" to "Katie". From independant woman to subject of a Mary Black song. What gives?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Why are RTE currently showing a whole documentary on people not making it to the Barbara Streisand concert because of bad weather?

And they're shocked when people resent paying for this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:27 am

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Why has Kate P changed her name? I prefered "Kate" to "Katie". From independant woman to subject of a Mary Black song. What gives?

Long, boring story Zhou and no one else to blame but meself.

I don't like it either. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:39 am

johnfás wrote:
Why are RTE currently showing a whole documentary on people not making it to the Barbara Streisand concert because of bad weather?

And they're shocked when people resent paying for this...

There are things which are scandalous and this isn't one of them. The only reason why it's a "scandal" is because the 50something middle-classers who went to the concert are the ones who run this country and it offended their sensibilities. If it was a Kings of Leon concert attended by teenagers to 30somethings, we wouldn't even remember it now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:54 am

On a different subject, Ard-T, what is your reaction to the Big News tonight? Paxo looked a bit glassy eyed earlier Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:01 am

Atticus wrote:
On a different subject, Ard-T, what is your reaction to the Big News tonight? Paxo looked a bit glassy eyed earlier Wink

I am mixed with sadness at the great institution of University Challenge being sullied by such scurrilous deceit and visceral pleasure that plummy southern gits have gotten their comeuppance against a northern university.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:31 am

Ard-T, must be honest, didn't follow the whole series through, no time, so can't even identify Johnfas' friend, but why on earth am I rebelling instinctively against your "plummy Southern gits" comment?

Hmm, maybe cos I have friends and acquaintances from just about every corner of these two islands, including some plummy-sounding southern people ......truth be told, I am angry against both Kay and whichever BBC producer / prod asst should've checked this thing out beforehand. As someone who is instinctively a BBC supporter - and especially of the BBC World Service which I particularly esteem - I am becoming increasingly frustrated and angry at the serial incompetence of the BBC. I know they can't win but ... Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:42 am

Atticus wrote:
Ard-T, must be honest, didn't follow the whole series through, no time, so can't even identify Johnfas' friend, but why on earth am I rebelling instinctively against your "plummy Southern gits" comment?

I dislike the fact that in a competition called Univeristy Challenge that each college of Oxford and Cambridge can individually enter while being far smaller than the University of Manchester which is limited to but one team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:02 am

Katie P wrote:
johnfás wrote:
I doubt it! I wouldn't think it would do you a great many favours as a future academic at Oxbridge!

Smile You never know - maybe she might like not to be (even more!) stereotyped?

It could ignite a debate about college fees. She may not need to do photoshoots to pay for her education but others may be in that position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Let's hope so Razz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Katie P wrote:
johnfás wrote:
I doubt it! I wouldn't think it would do you a great many favours as a future academic at Oxbridge!

Smile You never know - maybe she might like not to be (even more!) stereotyped?

It could ignite a debate about college fees. She may not need to do photoshoots to pay for her education but others may be in that position.

A close friend of mine did. She jokes about it, but she lives in dread of the evidence of them emerging some day to haunt her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:50 pm

You should post the pics Cactus... seriously...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Kate P wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:

My thanks to EVM who made me whole again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Kate P wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:

Good to see you Kate P. Laughing Was that Katie P your evil twin ? I'd see her as someone who might wear wicked black patent boots. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:

Good to see you Kate P. Laughing Was that Katie P your evil twin ? I'd see her as someone who might wear wicked black patent boots. Shocked
Can we all see her so, along with your friends pics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:

Can we all see her so, along with your friends pics.

Quote :
she lives in dread of the evidence of them emerging some day to haunt her.

No Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:41 pm

would you believe I'm actually wearing black patent boots today - little ones though, not thigh - huggers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Kate P wrote:
would you believe I'm actually wearing black patent boots today - little ones though, not thigh - huggers...

Great to see you have your name back. Now go put some clothes on you dirty yoke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Folks, I just posted my 100th post and thought I would go from being a blastocyst to something with more respec'. So I am here for my party. Mine's a Cristal, thank you.

I wish to thank my parents, my cat, my producer, director, the mods ..... oh shoot, that was last week's achievement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 pm

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Bollinger%20with%20gift%20box%20and%20glass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:37 pm

You are a scholar and a gentleman Johnfás, even if it's Bollinger. Let me find another glass..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 23 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next