Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:15 am

Ya serious? What was the commission?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:16 am

Goodbody comm. is 32 quid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:18 am

Faaaark. Is that the minimum commission or was it a percentage of a larger amount?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:19 am

They won't get out of bed for less?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:29 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I made 40 euro on the stock market today, so I'm buying the next round.

A pint please johnfás. Guinness.

That could be the start of the recovery right there. No sooner did you lose a little than you're bent on getting it all back on the one-armed bandidos.

You learned quick didn't you.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:31 am

johnfás wrote:
Faaaark. Is that the minimum commission or was it a percentage of a larger amount?

Standard comm on every trade with Goodbodys. 32 quid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:34 am

Presumably there is an excess for large trades? I doubt they charge 32 quid on a trade of a million shares... not that a million shares is worth much now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:35 am

Anyone watching Andrew Bocelli on the Late Late? Seems like a very nice man which is a great thing to see for someone with such talent and such success. Often people can be so affected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:41 am

johnfás wrote:
Anyone watching Andrew Bocelli on the Late Late? Seems like a very nice man which is a great thing to see for someone with such talent and such success. Often people can be so affected.

Lovely voice and lovely man.

What do you make of 'affected' people johnfas ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:50 am

I suppose everyone has their different baggage and when you are in the limelight in all likelihood it is going to be multiplied tenfold. It can be hard to feel sorry for the positions that alot of celebrities put themselves into but then again we know not the pressure which they are under to succeed, to fit in and to be popular... just as we know not the pressure which many who resort to a life of crime are under to support their families. An odd connection to make, I suppose.

Walking in other people's shoes for a mile is always an interesting experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:50 am

johnfás wrote:
I suppose everyone has their different baggage and when you are in the limelight in all likelihood it is going to be multiplied tenfold. It can be hard to feel sorry for the positions that alot of celebrities put themselves into but then again we know not the pressure which they are under to succeed, to fit in and to be popular... just as we know not the pressure which many who resort to a life of crime are under to support their families. An odd connection to make, I suppose.

Walking in other people's shoes for a mile is always an interesting experience.

Ever done that johnfas ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:52 am

Night all. Off to bed. Early start tomorrow Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:54 am

Literally? Razz

I've certainly done it literally... I've played a rugby match in someone else's boots as well - you get plenty of blisters.

I have always attempted to put myself into situations other than my own, whether that is volunteering for charitable organisations, spending time discussing and chatting with people of other religions and none, and people from different backgrounds to my own, or merely reading widely.

We can all do better though, would you not think, cactus?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:17 pm

I got two essay results back today. Firsts on both of them so I'm really pleased. I'm hoping it's a leading indicator of performance at final exams!

Dom Perignon to celebrate!

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 Champers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:42 pm

Congratulations AT. I'll help you with one of those. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:47 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I got two essay results back today. Firsts on both of them so I'm really pleased. I'm hoping it's a leading indicator of performance at final exams!

why not ...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 _42130884_buckfast_close_203
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

why not ...

I tried that this weekend and it is rather disagreeable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:51 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Congratulations AT. I'll help you with one of those. Very Happy

Thanks very much cactus, help yourself!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:53 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

why not ...

I tried that this weekend and it is rather disagreeable.

I bet you didn't have 9 or ten pints beforehand Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

I bet you didn't have 9 or ten pints beforehand Wink

Well I only had about 6 pints before, so perhaps I didn't exactly reach the required level. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:58 pm

For those of us at the Sibín who enjoyed Jeremy Paxman's documentary, The Victorians, last week we can look forward to the last episode in the series beginning at 9 o'clock on BBC. For those who have missed previous episodes feel free to join us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:37 am

Hey wats the Irish of whats going on

Lisa
www.fluver.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:23 am

fluver wrote:
Hey wats the Irish of whats going on

Lisa
www.fluver.com

"Cad atá ag siúl?", fluver. Fáilte go Náisiún Máisin!

Do chupán tae....

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 Bigcup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 am

Hi fluver, your welcome here.

Ard Taoiseach, would you rustle up another drop of tae there?
I'm parched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 am

cactus flower wrote:
Hi fluver, your welcome here.

Ard Taoiseach, would you rustle up another drop of tae there?
I'm parched.

Here you go cactus...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 Bloodymug4_medium
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 26 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next