Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:26 am

Congratulations tonys - you're the definition of optimism. What about the 10% satisfaction with the Government - at least it's not zero eh ?

Are you not at the Ard Fheis - any reports from it, youtube uploads, etc. ?

That Cork young one on Dragon's Den just melted all their hearts as she's looking for the 30k. They look vicious - would you really want them to have a 20% equity stake in your business.... ?
Back to top Go down

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:29 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
would you really want them to have a 20% equity stake in your business.... ?

No, none of them seem to have had illustrious careers running many different types of companies like the ones on the UK version have. I suppose it is a good way to try and source money for a project if you are prepared to go on TV and that but to be honest if I had a really good idea it wouldn't be the first place I would go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:43 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Congratulations tonys - you're the definition of optimism. It's all in the jeans, at least that's what my women friends tell me.

What about the 10% satisfaction with the Government - at least it's not zero eh ? That 10% are easily satisfied aren't they.

Are you not at the Ard Fheis - any reports from it, youtube uploads, etc. ? No, I don't go, I'm not a member of the party.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 am

Quote :
I'm not a member of the party.

Why not ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:49 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Quote :

Why not ?
Never joined, I'm not a joiner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:51 am

I suppose it depends on who you listen to. George has been stressing out so much that he needs a break from misery, fair play.

Dan and Alan had a different take on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:53 am

tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Quote :

Why not ?

You evaded my question perfectly though ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:55 am

We've imposed a temporary ban on recession talk in our house. Can't take it anymore. This much misery is bad for the soul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:57 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Quote :

Why not ?

Sure Tonys would derive no enjoyment from sitting in a room with loads of tossers agreeing with one another
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:59 am

unaligned wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Quote :

Why not ?

Sure Tonys would derive no enjoyment from sitting in a room with loads of tossers agreeing with one another

True, but not going to find that at this year's gathering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:01 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Quote :

Why not ?

What evasion, why am I not a member? because I never joined, why did I never join? because I'm not a joiner. Where's the evasion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:09 am

tonys wrote:
What evasion, why am I not a member? because I never joined, why did I never join? because I'm not a joiner. Where's the evasion?

That's more of an answer to a how question - a why question requires a more complex answer that involves reflection, consideration, examination, other ations....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:15 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:

That's more of an answer to a how question - a why question requires a more complex answer that involves reflection, consideration, examination, other ations....
You see, that's exactly why I'm not a joiner, 2 + 2 never makes 4, there's always another agenda, nothing can be accepted as straight forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:18 am

tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:

You see, that's exactly why I'm not a joiner, 2 + 2 never makes 4, there's always another agenda, nothing can be accepted as straight forward.

Do you not trust them or any party so ? I won't ask you why you don't trust them if it's the case you don't.

There's always a why question down an almost infinte regress of why questions until you get to a turtle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:19 am

Who is the quiet man from Fianna Fail ?

Ivan Yates calls for a Yes to Lisbon, and then plays the anti-EU migrant card. Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:38 am

I missed Prime Time tonight yeah right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 am

Uh oh. youngdan and Noel Dempsey seem to agree that our take will be nearer the 30bn than the 40bn this year.

Govt. spending seems to be getting under control according to one lady.

4bn cuts this year .... jaysus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:54 am

Spending at the moment is higher than this time last year, isn't that right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 am

cactus flower wrote:
Spending at the moment is higher than this time last year, isn't that right?

On social welfare yes I suppose but I thought I saw that spending was down - maybe she said down when adjusted for rises in social welfare.

They're saying a property tax of 1000k on residences. The accountant said he'd have a problem with that as he's just invested in 3 or 4 houses.

Fintan O'Toole saying everyone must pay and the situation is 'catastrophic' ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:04 am

pat rabbitte attacking the programme format - wooohoo!

He's saying it's geared towards raising revenue from the income earner as though there did not exist the Super Rich who were not taxed all along ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:06 am

Fair dues to Dempsey - the Opposition are going to be involved in the next budget - At last.!

(looks like Fintan O'Toole might be putting his spake in too.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:06 am

Who is that guy on the right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:09 am

From what Fintan O'Toole says the most of the missing 16 billion could be got from a small number of wealthy individuals. He says there is still plenty of money out there to tax, even after the decline in property values.

http://www.efip.co.uk/index.php?page=news.art&article=180

Quote :
The Bank of Ireland 's annual "Wealth of the Nation" report estimated that there are more than 33,000 millionaires in Ireland, a country of 4.2 million people, which represents an increase of 10% from 2005. The report said the past 13 years of rapid economic growth, known as the Celtic Tiger, has been a boon for Ireland's wealthiest people, as the top 1% of people now hold 20% of the nation's wealth, and the top 5% own about 40% of Ireland’s wealth. According to Pat O'Sullivan, senior economist at the bank's Private Banking unit, the surge in individual net wealth is mainly due to a 20% growth in the value of residential and buy-to-let property. The value of property accounted for as much as 72% of average household wealth in 2006. On top of this, the Irish are saving more money than the majority of the world putting aside 14% of disposable incomes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:10 am

From what Fintan O'Toole says the most of the missing 16 billion could be got from a small number of wealthy individuals. He says there is still plenty of money out there to tax, even after the decline in property values.

http://www.efip.co.uk/index.php?page=news.art&article=180

Quote :
The Bank of Ireland 's annual "Wealth of the Nation" report estimated that there are more than 33,000 millionaires in Ireland, a country of 4.2 million people, which represents an increase of 10% from 2005. The report said the past 13 years of rapid economic growth, known as the Celtic Tiger, has been a boon for Ireland's wealthiest people, as the top 1% of people now hold 20% of the nation's wealth, and the top 5% own about 40% of Ireland’s wealth. According to Pat O'Sullivan, senior economist at the bank's Private Banking unit, the surge in individual net wealth is mainly due to a 20% growth in the value of residential and buy-to-let property. The value of property accounted for as much as 72% of average household wealth in 2006. On top of this, the Irish are saving more money than the majority of the world putting aside 14% of disposable incomes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:11 am

johnfás wrote:
Who is that guy on the right?

Cathal O Loughlin ? ???

Fintan O'Toole blazing away - put a ceiling on incomes for two years - that's the way to do it - cap the incomes and apply it for two years and get everyone involved. This thing needs to be knocked on the skull fairly smartly now or we fockered. Fintan O'Toole for Taoiseach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next