Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Fantasy Football 08/09

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 pm

PM sent to Kate! Great to have someone else in it.

Anyone else who wants to join don't be worried about it being late. You can join at any stage and despite the fact that you will have missed out on a couple of weeks of points, this all evens out over the whole season (which runs until next May!).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:30 am

johnfás wrote:
PM sent to Kate! Great to have someone else in it.

Anyone else who wants to join don't be worried about it being late. You can join at any stage and despite the fact that you will have missed out on a couple of weeks of points, this all evens out over the whole season (which runs until next May!).

I think lukedelmege might want to join if you pm him the details
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:57 pm

how's this going lads ? bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm last cheers

However, I had the second best 'gameweek' this weekend so hopefully it is a sign of things to come and I can steadily creep my way to the summit!

Anmajornarthainig is out in front with a total of 149 points. The difference between first and last is 21 points after 3 'gameweeks'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 pm

This means I'll have to listen to Off the Ball even more now... Hmmm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:34 pm

johnfás wrote:
I'm last cheers

However, I had the second best 'gameweek' this weekend so hopefully it is a sign of things to come and I can steadily creep my way to the summit!

Anmajornarthainig is out in front with a total of 149 points. The difference between first and last is 21 points after 3 'gameweeks'.

I haven't a clue what happens in fantasy football. Can there be an audience ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:37 pm

falling falling away................ down to third

In fairness it was a bad weekend for my boys - with the Manx not playing and the Toffees having a terrible day at Goodison - paradoxically Defoe in the same game turned what could have been a disaster into just a bad day at the office.

Im still top of my "head to head" league - 100% - 3 wins out of 3 - tho TBH I've been up against some shite opposition.

2 weeks off now - with the internationals this weekend - might be time to have a hard look at the team and use my wild card to rejigg things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Is there anyone who could post a progress report / league table for us hurlers on the ditch ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:51 pm

We could work something out. Unfortunately alot of us are using our real names in it because our teams are also in leagues with friends. Consequently I don't even know which teams are associated with some of the posters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Well I'm in now, skint and not entirely satisfied with my choices - not a lot of money to play with, is there? I've a bit of time to make changes though before I'm totally committed - I chose a good week to join.

My charity is Amnesty International - though I'm not holding out great hopes on their behalf, despite this being a big year for them....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Faoi láthair it`s me at the top with 149.
Audi 145
Edo 139
Seathrún Céitinn 137
Mike W 134
Johnfás 128

I`m surprised at how excited I am about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:20 pm

Sorry double posted in my excitement

Last edited by anmajornarthainig on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Good God how am I second? Is that the number of points we have? The mind boggles as to how it's counted...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:27 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Good God how am I second? Is that the number of points we have? The mind boggles as to how it's counted...

You had a great week and our League isn`t up to a very high standard. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:38 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
Faoi láthair it`s me at the top with 149.
Audi 145
Edo 139
Seathrún Céitinn 137
Mike W 134
Johnfás 128

I`m surprised at how excited I am about it.

Thanks anmajornarthainig. Well done. cheers Does this go on for a set time ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:42 pm

The competition itself goes onto May but i`m planning on being so far ahead by Christmas that everyone else will become bitter and turn that bitterness inwards in an orgy of self-loathing. Hope that answers your queston. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:46 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
The competition itself goes onto May but i`m planning on being so far ahead by Christmas that everyone else will become bitter and turn that bitterness inwards in an orgy of self-loathing. Hope that answers your queston. Twisted Evil

If MArcus Bent hadn't equalised for Spurs I would have been equal on points with ye anmajornartháinig. Some jammy shit...I'm directing this at you Audi......managed to score 62 by virtue of automatic substitutions. Son of a russen fussin...but I have the consolation of topping the head to head league with 3 out of 3 against equally crap opposition. One of these weeks I'm nearly gonna have a perfect outcome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Good news for the chap currently bottom of the league, I've just joined and picked my team in less than four minutes, just like Kevin Keegan does. (Giving away my morose allegiances) Unfortunately I contrived to be listed below a curious flag consisting of a red cross on a white background with red hand and crown which became extinct almost 40 years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:32 am

lukedelmege wrote:
Good news for the chap currently bottom of the league, I've just joined and picked my team in less than four minutes, just like Kevin Keegan does. (Giving away my morose allegiances) Unfortunately I contrived to be listed below a curious flag consisting of a red cross on a white background with red hand and crown which became extinct almost 40 years ago.

If a few more were to join, those of us late comers could have a bit of a sub-league between ourselves, while we wait to catch up on those trying to avoid relegation to our division. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:05 am

Hey who are all the newcomers for Gameweek 4? Identify thineselves? patsy lynn is lukedelmege...who be the other twa?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:58 pm

lukedelmege wrote:

Are the bookies taking odds on you being the next Newcastle manager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:37 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
lukedelmege wrote:

Are the bookies taking odds on you being the next Newcastle manager?

He'd be better than Keegan....and probably wouldn't emote as much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I tell you something I`d really love it if he beat off the competition to the job
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:15 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
I tell you something I`d really love it if he beat off the competition to the job

It all went downhill after he fell off that racer on Superstars . I mean..... when Pat Spillane beats you at squats (not necessarily true).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 1:43 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
anmajornarthainig wrote:

It all went downhill after he fell off that racer on Superstars . I mean..... when Pat Spillane beats you at squats (not necessarily true).

Always back to Pat Spillane on all fours, I object to Keegan being treated as a fool, he's much worse than that, anyone know if Ant & Dec are busy this autumn?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football 08/09
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: The Betting Office-
Jump to: