Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Fantasy Football 08/09

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm

Cactus, Kate, Bear? Not going to join us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 8:47 pm

An bhfuil d'fhoireann roghnaithe agat go fóill?

We have five teams and are looking for more. Enter a team no matter if it interests you or not. At worst you will have to listen to eternal derision of the experts. At best you will be able to deride the same experts for their lack of expertise. If I can register a team anybody can.

Roll up Roll up

It begins on Saturday. Get in there from the start
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Bump. I`m winning so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Oh now I'd forgotten about that. Is it too late for anyone else to join? I'm 4th at the moment but wait until towards the end of the league I should be on form by then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Oh now I'd forgotten about that. Is it too late for anyone else to join? I'm 4th at the moment but wait until towards the end of the league I should be on form by then.

It is too late. It`s a shame more didn`t join. Nerds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 pm

johnfás wrote:

Lads territory. I'll be baking in the kitchen if you need me Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 9:13 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

It is too late. It`s a shame more didn`t join. Nerds.

Can you not join anyway? and be a monthly winner?
Think I read it somewhere. Re Nerds. Agreed. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 9:18 pm

I don`t know but I`ve no problem with anyone joining late if they`re allowed. To return to the nerds issue I`m thinking about building a treehouse and only Johnfás, Seathrún, Edo and Audi are allowed to come up. Maybe cactus flower if she makes some rice crispie buns (note they`re not cakes).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 9:29 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
I don`t know but I`ve no problem with anyone joining late if they`re allowed. To return to the nerds issue I`m thinking about building a treehouse and only Johnfás, Seathrún, Edo and Audi are allowed to come up. Maybe cactus flower if she makes some rice crispie buns (note they`re not cakes).

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 9:40 pm

3 points separate the top four as of now. I lost 14 points not having agbonlahor as my top sub after tevez cried off.....grrrrrrr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 10:18 pm

This is good that it`s so close. Although it looks at this stage like Johnfás is a candidate for relegation Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 10:46 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
This is good that it`s so close. Although it looks at this stage like Johnfás is a candidate for relegation Very Happy

I was reading the rules and it states that the automatic substitute should not affect your formation but instead of bringing on a forward to replace Tevez (it would have been Agbonlahor) they brought on Samba and changed my formation from 4-4-2 to 5-4-1. .......the sneaky bastards.

I'll have to watch out for that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 10:48 pm

I was wondering why you played that formation ,twas a bit negative. Did you notice that Johnfás had three strikers? The sneaky so and so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 10:51 pm

I picked a lot of players who were 6 or 6.5 or so. And I picked a good few I knew the names of from somewhere.

Other than that my team is in the hands of Shiva Very Happy although I did notice that you can substitute people or change the sequence in which they get subbed.

Is there anything else I need to know how to be able to change besides their gear? Can we buy new players during the year or is the transfer window closed (?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 11:04 pm

I didn't pick that formation the football God machine did in it's wisdom because I had Tevez up front with Santa Cruz. That's what I was whinging about.

Audi ....This explains how the transfers work
Transfers

After selecting your squad you can still deal in the transfer market.
Unlimited squad transfers can be made, 1 transfer can be made between
each gameweek deadline without charge. Each additional transfer made in
the same gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total at the next
deadline. Unused free transfers are not carried over to the next
Gameweek.

All transfers before the start of the season are made at no cost.
For teams entering after the start of the season, no points will be
deducted before their first deadline.

You can play 1 transfer wild card a season. All transfers made in the
Gameweek your wild card is played will be without points deduction. You
play your wild card when confirming transfers.

Any transfers you make will become active at the next deadline.

Deadlines

Any changes to your team (substitutions, transfers, captain
changes, substitution priorities) must be made by the Gameweek deadline
to take effect for that set of matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 11:06 pm

[quote="SeathrúnCeitinn"]I didn't pick that formation the football God machine did in it's wisdom because I had Tevez up front with Santa Cruz. That's what I was whinging about.

Oh I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 11:37 pm

Jaysus - what a weekend - I'll be taking a machete to my lot as soon as I can

Fecking Micheal Owen - injured already!
David James - well in fairness I didnt expect Chelsea to play that well and Portsmouth that horrendously bad

Well shows what I know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Edo wrote:

David James - well in fairness I didnt expect Chelsea to play that well and Portsmouth that horrendously bad

Well shows what I know!

But are you not in first place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 11:44 pm

Yes but he`s a Pyschopath
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 11:46 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Edo wrote:

Well shows what I know!

But are you not in first place?

So I am here in the MN League: Very Happy

Sorry - I was looking at the "Work League" - some of the jammy bastards in Software are up on 94 points! - Im 28th out of 31 in that league - only the Girls in accounts below me and its a close run thing!

The again Yours truly is the genius who blew half his budget on Shevchenko a couple of seasons back and kept faith with him until Christmas (which is a hell of a lot longer than Mourinho did!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:28 pm

johnfás wrote:
I'm no good at doing fantasy football but as I have been persuaded to enter a team into the competition I thought it would be fun to set up a league for the faithful members of Machine Nation to compete in.

Set up your team at:
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Nominated Charities:

johnfás - Christian Aid Ireland
anmajornarthainig - The Irish ME Trust
Auditor #9 - The Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruely to Animals
SeathrúnCeitinn - Focus Ireland

PM me if you need the league code, I have now taken it out so that there can be a bit of privacy for people using their real name.

Johnfás could you pm me the code? I've forgotten everything but I'm convinced my team is out in the lead...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 3:30 am

52 points - seeing as I havent got around the rearranging yet - on me hols at the moment - thats not bad

tucked in second place - just behind the leader!

Michael Owen scores - and I had the waster on the bench!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 pm

johnfás wrote:

Yep, will do if it's not too late....?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:45 pm

Kate P wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Yep, will do if it's not too late....?

It's never too late.Get johnfás to pm you the code for the league before you register, That way you can join the MN league. agus Ádh mór
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Go raibh míle, Seathrún...

I've sent the pm so I'll be pulling on my team's jersey very soon... (and give you all a chance not to be last Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 08/09   Fantasy Football 08/09 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football 08/09
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: The Betting Office-
Jump to: