Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Questions and Answers - Heckle Here

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:38 am

johnfás wrote:
What's the social scene for getting jobs at Mass like? I have no idea.

1) Go to Mass + have girlfriend + play hurling + Vote FF = normal = give job

2) Vegetarian + atheist + vote Green + single = weird/gay/don't give job

3) Vote FG + go to mass sometimes + have girlfriend sometimes + play soccer = snob/possibly gay/weird/bollox/only give job if no fella in 1) around
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:49 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
johnfás wrote:
What's the social scene for getting jobs at Mass like? I have no idea.

1) Go to Mass + have girlfriend + play hurling + Vote FF = normal = give job

3) Vote FG + go to mass sometimes + have girlfriend sometimes + play soccer = snob/possibly gay/weird/bollox/only give job if no fella in 1) around

A) that sounds to me like something a fella who can't get a job might say

and

B) do you have a phone number for fella 1, I think I know where he might get a start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:55 am

Nope - those are the rules of thumb of employers down here in Banjo Country ... If you don't vote FF you must be a pretentious and pompous FGer so you won't get anywhere no matter how much hurling you play if there is a 1) around;

If you vote SF you are probably dangerous

If you vote Green you are of dubious character sexually, emotionally unstable, a bore, a loon/crank/nutjob/no job, NO WAY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:59 am

Different world...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:16 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Nope - those are the rules of thumb of employers down here in Banjo Country ... If you don't vote FF you must be a pretentious and pompous FGer so you won't get anywhere no matter how much hurling you play if there is a 1) around;

If you vote Green you are of dubious character sexually, emotionally unstable, a bore, a loon/crank/nutjob/no job, NO WAY
Well now, you’ve just blown your own theory.
FG’ers don’t play hurling, can’t play hurling, in the first place they think there’s rules of play and in the second they wouldn’t know when or how to start a fight.
Get away out of that with you now, your whole notion of rural life is shot to pieces right there.

The rest of your post is probably accurate and rightly so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:21 am

I admit to slight exaggeration but it's not a bad rule of thumb if you ever want to exit off the M50 Westwards, keeping going until you meet a Big River called The Shannon; west of that there are some rocks, turloughs, foul bogs, twisted gnarled trees, some ash trees for making good hurley sticks and the local congregation. Make sure you worship the right God and the right Party and you'll fit right in.

Does p.ie block everyone now from viewing now without registering? Or do they have a block the Left/Green IP now too bejaysus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:24 am

There must be the odd FGer who can hurl, tonys - don't exaggerate please

(although this IS the heckle thread What a Face )
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 am

tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

FG’ers don’t play hurling, can’t play hurling, in the first place they think there’s rules of play and in the second they wouldn’t know when or how to start a fight.

Get away out of that with you now, your whole notion of rural life is shot to pieces right there.

What's that in english tonys ? I don't understand that sentence.

Here it is again.

Quote :
FG’ers don’t play hurling, can’t play hurling, in the first place
they think there’s rules of play and in the second they wouldn’t know
when or how to start a fight.

And then

Quote :

So a man's notion of rural life is 'shot to pieces' because - tonys spun a sentence ?

You get away yerself you blackguard. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:31 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
I admit to slight exaggeration but it's not a bad rule of thumb if you ever want to exit off the M50 Westwards, keeping going until you meet a Big River called The Shannon; west of that there are some rocks, turloughs, foul bogs, twisted gnarled trees, some ash trees for making good hurley sticks and the local congregation. Make sure you worship the right God and the right Party and you'll fit right in.

Does p.ie block everyone now from viewing now without registering? Or do they have a block the Left/Green IP now too bejaysus.
Excuse me, but some of my very best friends are knuckle scrapers from west of the Shannon. Not a month goes by without I spend at least a couple of days in your own glorious county and we’re both the better for it on each occasion.

Can't say on P.ie, I am an outcast and couldn't care less, having said that, may DC never have a days luck, the bast*rd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
There must be the odd FGer who can hurl, tonys - don't exaggerate please
There could well be, but he'd have to be very odd.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:35 am

tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Excuse me, but some of my very best friends are knuckle scrapers from west of the Shannon. Not a month goes by without I spend at least a couple of days in your own glorious county and we’re both the better for it on each occasion.

Can't say on P.ie, I am an outcast and couldn't care less, having said that, may DC never have a days luck, the bast*rd.

Jesus tony, was the exit that bad ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:44 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Here it is again.

Quote :

And then

Quote :

So a man's notion of rural life is 'shot to pieces' because - tonys spun a sentence ?

I hold my truth to be self evident and therefore no explanations are necessary.

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion, why, I don’t know, but I’m reliably informed that is the accepted norm. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 am

tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Jesus tony, was the exit that bad ?
In all honesty I really can’t say how bad it was, I was out on my arse before I knew what was happening.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:58 am

tonys wrote:
tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Here it is again.

Quote :

And then

Quote :

I hold my truth to be self evident and therefore no explanations are necessary.

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion, why, I don’t know, but I’m reliably informed that is the accepted norm. Very Happy Very Happy

So, NO explanations are necessary when you are caught bullshitting the audience with zero info.

Yet you're a great man to condemn others when you do have the info ?

Nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 4:09 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

What would an atheist be doing getting a job at Mass? Unless they're undercover atheists, trying to subvert the One True Faith. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:24 am

What beauties can we look forward to gawking at tonight ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 am

I'm thinking of just watching the West Wing instead. Jed Bartlett at least gives me some hope, even if it is fictitious. Should I sacrifice it for Q&A?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:29 am

There might be a member of the audience who'll lose the rag again or one who'll give you some hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:35 am

And the five horsepeople of the Apocalypse are

Ruairi Quinn, TD
Mary Hanafin, TD
Sen. Joe O'Toole, Senator
Sarah Carey, blogger, columnist
Alan Aherne, UCD (?) Horror Economist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:36 am

Is it worth it so far? I'm watching Jed Bartlett's campaign team deal with a new type of negative advert...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
And the five horsepeople of the Apocalypse are

Ruairi Quinn, TD
Mary Hanafin, TD
Sen. Joe O'Toole, Senator
Sarah Carey, blogger, columnist
Alan Aherne, UCD (?) Horror Economist

Second time I've seen him attached to the wrong college. Someone in the Economist comment box said he worked out of NUI Maynooth. Alan Ahearne is of course lecturer in economics at NUI Galway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 am

johnfás wrote:
Is it worth it so far? I'm watching Jed Bartlett's campaign team deal with a new type of negative advert...

Are you deep in the delights of the West Wing's third series?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:39 am

Absolutely, Series 3, 3 episodes from the end. That is, the first one on the last disc of the series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:42 am

johnfás wrote:
Absolutely, Series 3, 3 episodes from the end. That is, the first one on the last disc of the series.

I see. Smile I'd carry on watching. QandA is depressing and dismal these days. I'd watch West Wing as it's an antidote to the doom and gloom in the media. Have you seen the one where Jed Bartlet goes to the theatre while Governor Ritchie tries to get to the Yankees game? West Wing par excellence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:53 am

9,000 Public sector workers on 100k+ Shocked

As was once painted on bachelors walk:
Quote :
TAX D HORSEY SET
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers - Heckle Here
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next