Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Machine Nation forms a Government

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:15 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Fógra Ginearalta do shaoránaigh MN

Having awaited Young Dan's military review for too long I have been
shocked by a briefing from the Chiefs of staff telling me that our
forces are 'not fit for purpose'.

General Declaration of Military Reform

1. 'Coyne and Livery' to be re-introduced.

All Ministers are duty bound to hire Gallóglaigh after the fashion.
(allowing for 13 dead pays per 100 cavalry)
Consapail /Captains of same to be hired at 3 cows and victuals per 1/4 year.
At least four corrughadh /battles to be raised per fothaoiseach.

2. Ceitheirn Tí / Woodkern of no less than than 50 per Minister.

3. Buanadha / bonnaghts to be retained at 3 groats /day

4. Compulsory training of peasantry on Sunday mornings for 'Gairmsluaigh'
Certificate to be awarded for mastery of arquebusiers, sparths and pikes.

5. Creaghts to be sustained i dTír Kate P. Remuneration of 40 barrels of pork, 5 of butter.
(Emergency 'cess' rates applicable)

These are necessary reforms which will implemented on a 'day-before-yesterday' basis.

Bua don Mháisiún Náisiún (secret handshake)

Bua don Inneall

Bua d'Evm0197, ár dTaoiseach Suspect

Sínithe: Rí-Ard Tanaiste
Seathrún Ceitinn

Eah? I'm not too sure this expansionist policy is entirely amenable to the fiscally-restrained environment in which we find ourselves as a result of international developments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Eah? I'm not too sure this expansionist policy is entirely amenable to the fiscally-restrained environment in which we find ourselves as a result of international developments.

Don't blame me, I was happily rigging the whole laissez faire free trade vote when I got fired.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:28 pm

MikeW wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Don't blame me, I was happily rigging the whole laissez faire free trade vote when I got fired.....

Which is reason enough for your re-appointment. We can't be distracted by building private armies when we've got an economic downturn to grapple with and a rebound to foster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:32 pm

MikeW wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

The whole idea is / was that it's self-financing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:33 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
MikeW wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Self-financing? É sin a phlé, le do thoil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:35 pm

MikeW wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Seathrún you will from now on be head of the Secret Police. Choose a name for yourselves and put in an order for whatever number of black leather biker ensembles you feel your crack commando team will require. You will report directly to me. I'll pass anything of interest on to Audi on a need to know basis.

Jays, look away for a moment and find that the Minister for Education has made the Mister for Agriculture head of the Secret Police. Interesting communication lines here....

I could say that I hadn't noticed he was Minister for Agriculture (- not having seen any concrete proposals on sheepdipping since he was installed.)

Or I could be honest and say it's a promotion and possibly more suited to the dark interests of eliminating corrupt practices like the delaying of events until the Ministers arrive.

But in the event that Seathrún doesn't want the job, the real power, the influence, I'll take it myself and let Buachaill Beo take Education - considering it's only a year since I gave up my own teaching career for something more exciting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Kate P wrote:

But in the event that Seathrún doesn't want the job, the real power, the influence, I'll take it myself and let Buachaill Beo take Education - considering it's only a year since I gave up my own teaching career for something more exciting.

Are you sure you want to give up Education? The fiscal framework I have in mind will be most propitious to that Department.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:40 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
MikeW wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Self-financing? É sin a phlé, le do thoil.

A new but traditional take on industrialised farming....that Stalin boy didn't do it right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:43 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

A new but traditional take on industrialised farming....that Stalin boy didn't do it right

Really? So a section of the Irish people will be employed within the agricultural sector to produce significantly larger volumes of produce with more intensive methods? Is this what your proposal means?

Agriculture is an area I want to develop as Minister for Finance, I'd like to hear more about this. It sounds fascinating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:44 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Are you sure you want to give up Education? The fiscal framework I have in mind will be most propitious to that Department.

To paraphrase Mary Hannafin, obviously any decisions in that area remain firmly with the Taoiseach and I'm happy to serve as he deems fit - or not, as the case may be Wink .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:50 pm

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

To paraphrase Mary Hannafin, obviously any decisions in that area remain firmly with the Taoiseach and I'm happy to serve as he deems fit - or not, as the case may be Wink .

Well, I feel that you should stay on in Education since you'll be able to do lots of great things in that Department as we stride with confidence into the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:56 pm

Are you sure, Ard Taoiseach? Because I have a wishlist as long as your arm if I stay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:57 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Really? So a section of the Irish people will be employed within the agricultural sector to produce significantly larger volumes of produce with more intensive methods? Is this what your proposal means?

Agriculture is an area I want to develop as Minister for Finance, I'd like to hear more about this. It sounds fascinating.

Right.... first we get rid of all fences in the country.........and then.......hold on I'll get back to you.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:59 pm

Kate P wrote:
Are you sure, Ard Taoiseach? Because I have a wishlist as long as your arm if I stay?

Just PM me the wishlist and I will endeavour to implement it in the short to medium term with the resources available to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 12:00 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Right.... first we get rid of all fences in the country.........and then.......hold on I'll get back to you.....

Take your time, I'll be interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:07 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Do you have the time now to outline this scheme, Seathrún?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:35 am

nOW, i'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS, caps lock off, and I have an Idea !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:36 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Yeah?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:40 am

What idea do you have, EvotingMachine?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:43 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Yeah?

I'm still here , can you expand on yeah ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:46 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Yeah?

I'm still here , can you expand on yeah ?

I'm very interested in what you have to say. What's the idea you have EvotingMachine? It sounds fascinating. Is it a new direction for our government, a new policy?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:57 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

What idea do you have, EvotingMachine?

Oh Apologies AT. Crossed wires.

I think You should be Taoiseach of this fine nation.

So I am resigning as Taoiseach.

The Nation is now in your hands.

However , it comes with three clauses....

You MUST adopt the avatatar of the electorate.
You must hold a Taoiseach avatar election within 13 days of this (election)
You MUST put in force provisions for challenges to your leadership.

I must say I really enjoyed my 28 and a half hours as Taoiseach. Twas fun. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 4:09 am

Oh Apologies AT. Crossed wires.

I think You should be Taoiseach of this fine nation.

So I am resigning as Taoiseach.

The Nation is now in your hands.

However , it comes with three clauses....

You MUST adopt the avatatar of the electorate.
You must hold a Taoiseach avatar election within 13 days of this (election)
You MUST put in force provisions for challenges to your leadership.

I must say I really enjoyed my 28 and a half hours as Taoiseach. Twas fun. Cool

Well...I am honoured that you have seen fit to entrust the leadership of this fine Nation in my hands, EvotingMachine. I am very grateful indeed.

I also think that you have indeed been a great Taoiseach for 28 and a half hours. I only hope I can continue such standards as I assume the mantle of leadership.

I am also happy to accept the provisions as you outline above. A Taoiseach avatar election will indeed occur within 13 days of my assuming office.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 4:18 am

Thanks for your kind words An Taoiseach.

May I propose an avatar ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 4:42 am

Hmm. Initial thoughts on Transport and the Marine:

1. Transport - all freight off-road except local delivery - this will probably involve a re-expansion of the rail network, so we'll need a survey of all the old lines, and compulsory purchase of the necessary land at agricultural prices plus 50%.

2. Transport - Dublin city centre to go car-free except for a couple of 'taxi corridors' - extent to be determined. Will consider for Galway city centre. Might make the whole of Cork car-free.

3. Marine - enforcement of marine conservation measures effective immediately and uncompensated.

4. Marine - Coastal Zone Management plans for the whole country. Enforcement of coastal planning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation forms a Government   Machine Nation forms a Government - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machine Nation forms a Government
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next