Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

A Machine Nation toolbar?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Machine Nation toolbar? Empty
PostSubject: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:54 pm

I've only typed Machine Nation a few times into Google and it already feels a bit irritating. I prefer the way on P.ie you just click on the P.ie logo on the toolbar and it brings you straight there.

I was wondering if a similar system could be set up here. Is it easy? Would it be both costly in time and money?

It'd be nice as it would heighten user retention rates as the place expands, plus I like collecting toolbars. I like getting rid of some too. Deleting the Yahoo(curse be upon their name) one was a satisfying experience.

Auditor, EvotingMachine, would you be able to do it? It'd look good, I'm sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:05 pm

Not sure what you mean A-T.

Which toolbar ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:09 pm

Is that not a setting on your browser? I have the name of the forum in the address box and I access it from the list there.

You are using IE I presume (vista?) and you have a quick-link icon on it somewhere that you click for p.ie or where ever?

( Sad don't make me boot up vista, that hog..)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:13 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Which toolbar ?

The greeny thing with Latest News, Alerts, Weather and E-mail notifier on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:15 pm

click 'portal'

actually wait - you might not have certain privileges being from the Dark Side ...

can you see a toolbar at the top there with

home portal FAQ search ... ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Which toolbar ?

The greeny thing with Latest News, Alerts, Weather and E-mail notifier on it.

You on Vista? Beside the START button ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:22 pm

Does p.ie / vista put a taskbar icon there for you??! feckin intrusive viruses ! watch out AT it could all go down the swanee there someday..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:24 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
click 'portal'

actually wait - you might not have certain privileges being from the Dark Side ...

can you see a toolbar at the top there with

home portal FAQ search ... ?

You mean

Home Portal FAQ Search Memberslist etc. ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 pm

yeah - that's not it is it? you mean a handy link thing near the start button where you're there with one click...

Now that's putting it up to us - we'll have to get out the shovels and spades again EVM ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:34 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
yeah - that's not it is it? you mean a handy link thing near the start button where you're there with one click...

Now that's putting it up to us - we'll have to get out the shovels and spades again EVM ...

Yeah, it'd be nice to have that sort of thing.

Surely there are websites where these things can be put together?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:53 pm

I don't even know the name of it !! But I'll find out and let you know. It'll be a good project although it's not possible to upload computer code to the machine we're on now (ask evm for details) so we can't control the cookies or anything as far as I know...

I wouldn't hold my breath

On the other hand you could make us your homepage Very Happy !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I don't even know the name of it !! But I'll find out and let you know. It'll be a good project although it's not possible to upload computer code to the machine we're on now (ask evm for details) so we can't control the cookies or anything as far as I know...

I wouldn't hold my breath

You could make us your homepage Very Happy !!

I could do that, homepaging Machine Nation would be a good one, though I'd have to let RTÉ.ie down easy, they'll be heart-broken.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Try this:
Go to MN Portal.
Highlight the text in address bar.(https://machinenation.forumakers.com/portal)
Click+Drag the highlighed address to toolbar.
You'll get a big I asking where to put it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:03 am

Try this:
Go to MN Portal.
Highlight the text in address bar.(https://machinenation.forumakers.com/portal)
Click+Drag the highlighed address to toolbar.
You'll get a big I asking where to put it.

Don't worry, I'll just bookmark the page and use that, EvotingMachine0197
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Machine Nation toolbar?   A Machine Nation toolbar? Empty

Back to top Go down

A Machine Nation toolbar?
Page 1 of 1