Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:00 am

Anyone fancy a virtual drink? A few busy days and my head has gone past the point of coherent discussion.

cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:21 am

Twas mental there for a while with the crashing of the world economy and all that. It could all go under yet ... I was just thinking today, it seems like there is a big dislocation or adjustment happening on a big scale ... on a global scale with all the credit crises and all. Maybe there isn't but some of these societal shifts in the past came in painful leaps where big upsets happened. I wonder are we feeling an economic earthquake because of China and other BRIC countries ... ?

This discussion doesn't have to be coherent ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:24 am

Stuff and places wear out. Costs go up, profits go down, companies move on.

By the way. The badly behaved cat is calming down a bit. She is sitting down here nicely beside me and not trying to catch the new words on the screen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:28 am

O yeah have you any more pictures of the cat? It looked quite wild. Is she not so feral now? I tell you get a little fake mouse, some string and a length of qualpex pipe and tie them all together like a fishing rod. She'll love it - you are her mother now, you have to teach her how to rat.

Does the idea of real mice running across a floor make you want to jump up on a chair?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:50 am

Audi... if you feel the temptation is getting too much to bear

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 Ahiohill%20Cemetary

Buffy will help you fight your demons....
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 Buffy-vampire-slayer-chaos-bleeds-2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:14 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
O yeah have you any more pictures of the cat? It looked quite wild. Is she not so feral now? I tell you get a little fake mouse, some string and a length of qualpex pipe and tie them all together like a fishing rod. She'll love it - you are her mother now, you have to teach her how to rat.

Does the idea of real mice running across a floor make you want to jump up on a chair?

Top of the cupboard.

She has got plumper and she has blunted her teeth on my arms over the last few weeks. She can catch a fly 4 feet in mid air from a standing start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:15 am

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Top of the cupboard.

She has got plumper and she has blunted her teeth on my arms over the last few weeks. She can catch a fly 4 feet in mid air from a standing start.

Kewl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 am

cactus flower wrote:
Stuff and places wear out. Costs go up, profits go down, companies move on.

By the way. The badly behaved cat is calming down a bit. She is sitting down here nicely beside me and not trying to catch the new words on the screen.

We'll be needing pictures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 am

And a certificate to prove you can tame mad cats - then I'll send you all my mother-in-law's (about twelve at last scary count) and you can do a Night Nurse or a Nurse Ratchett on them, whichever works best for you cactus...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:35 am

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 12-61

I just can't get used to seeing you with your hair up, cm...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 10:39 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
We have to coin some phrase in case the likes of Pat and Ben Dunne and who else? Sean Dunne? What if a raft of these suited lads rose up en masse to smite the powers currently installed and severed all their heads Smile Well, what if a whole rake of them got together with the intention of reforming the European system to their liking? It could be a revolution of sorts ... like a velvet revolution but that's taken for Czechoslovakia ... scratch

Shush you. It's me who runs the country. Pat, Ben and Seán are all my eunuchs.

If you've a good stash of mattress cash Ard Taoiseach you may be able to snap it and them up at a nifty price in the near future. Very Happy

I think I will cactus!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 10:57 pm

Here's a government-guaranteed deposit of cash for people to spend on deochanna blasta. I'm feeling generous!

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 Content_euro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Here's a government-guaranteed deposit of cash for people to spend on deochanna blasta. I'm feeling generous!

Hold on to those. Ard. You will be needing them. The Irish nation will have to get used to the fact that liquidity means something else apart from its usual pub-realted meaning. We all will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Hold on to those. Ard. You will be needing them. The Irish nation will have to get used to the fact that liquidity means something else apart from its usual pub-realted meaning. We all will.

Meh, I'm feeling like injecting a counter-cyclical fiscal stimulus to restart the expansionary economic environment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Do alcohol consumption levels rise during recessions? I would imagine they would. Will be interesting to see how it goes during this one. Will people leave behind their Bordeaux delights and return to a jar of the black stuff or will cheap wine at home be our society's latent alcoholic destruction.

Perhaps we need to look to history and to art for guidance as to what can occur when you combine alcohol and economic misfortune. William Hogath's 'Gin Lane'
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 517px-10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Meh, I'm feeling like injecting a counter-cyclical fiscal stimulus to restart the expansionary economic environment.

I hope the counter-cyclical financial stimulus is not an idea born of over-exposure to the other form of liquidity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:29 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I hope the counter-cyclical financial stimulus is not an idea born of over-exposure to the other form of liquidity.

Smile That'd be telling, wouldn't it? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:36 pm

depends if that mattress cash is Euro, Dollar or Big Mac wrappers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:42 pm

I have a buy one get one free coupon for Burger King. It probably has a much higher value than the stated face value of 1c which is printed on its reverse. Particularly given the barter system we appear to be living in now.

I'll swap my coupon for a 2 litre carton of milk, anyone?

I'm going to model my bartering on this guy who bartered his way from one red paper clip to a house in a year.

Quote :
On July 14, 2005, he went to Vancouver and traded the paperclip for a fish-shaped pen.
He then traded the pen the same day for a hand-sculpted doorknob from Seattle, Washington, which he nicknamed "Knob-T".
On July 25, 2005, he traveled to Amherst, Massachusetts, with a friend to trade the Knob-T for a Coleman camp stove (with fuel).
On September 24, 2005, he went to San Clemente, California, and traded the camp stove for a Honda generator, from a U.S. Marine.
On November 16, 2005, he made a second (and successful) attempt (after having the generator confiscated by the New York City Fire Department) in Maspeth, Queens, to trade the generator for an "instant party": an empty keg, an IOU for filling the keg with the beer of the holder's choice, and a neon Budweiser sign.
On December 8, 2005, he traded the "instant party" to Quebec comedian and radio personality Michel Barrette for a Ski-doo snowmobile.
Within a week of that, he traded the snowmobile for a two-person trip to Yahk, British Columbia, in February 2006.
On or about January 7, 2006, the second person on the trip to Yahk traded Kyle a cube van for the privilege.
On or about February 22, 2006, he traded the cube van for a recording contract with Metal Works in Toronto, Canada.
On or about April 11, 2006, he traded the recording contract to Jody Gnant for a year's rent in Phoenix, Arizona.
On or about April 26, 2006, he traded the one year's rent in Phoenix, Arizona, for one afternoon with Alice Cooper
On or about May 26, 2006, he traded the one afternoon with Alice Cooper for a KISS motorized snow globe
On or about June 2, 2006, he traded the KISS motorized snow globe to Corbin Bernsen for a role in the film Donna on Demand.[9]
On or about July 5, 2006, he traded the movie role for a two-story farmhouse in Kipling, Saskatchewan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:48 pm

I'd help only... do we have to live in Canada?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:49 pm

Kate P wrote:

It's ok, Kate, CM has come back from the dark side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:52 pm

johnfás wrote:
Do alcohol consumption levels rise during recessions? I would imagine they would. Will be interesting to see how it goes during this one. Will people leave behind their Bordeaux delights and return to a jar of the black stuff or will cheap wine at home be our society's latent alcoholic destruction.

Perhaps we need to look to history and to art for guidance as to what can occur when you combine alcohol and economic misfortune. William Hogath's 'Gin Lane'

Yes it does. But nobody is parting me from the Medoc's finest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:56 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
depends if that mattress cash is Euro, Dollar or Big Mac wrappers.

I have all denominations and all currencies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:56 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Kate P wrote:

You don't view my current avatar as "the dark side"? I think you and I might be alone there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 11:59 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Kate P wrote:

You don't view my current avatar as "the dark side"? I think you and I might be alone there.

Flawed as the EU may be, and in many ways it is seriously flawed, it is still a more democratic organisation than the US Republican Party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: