Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 2:59 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I won a whole Euro on Spain. Great match. The really wanted to win and they deserved to win.
And that bloke Torres was mighty. I raise a toast to him....if he sens me some money....

Anyway, Dos Cervezas por fabor.

I'll get you them ...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 439863EB-E7F2-99DF-3FE0A7665EBFA7A3_1

Quote :
And what was Seathrún smokin' last night ?

It puzzles me. He wanted to send us all to sleep. It reminded me of the snake in Jungle Book. pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:30 am

He did send us all to sleep. This is a dream. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 4:09 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Ah thats an old serenade for someone who indulges in a late night political rant - usually but not always - after imbibing heavily of the grape. Edo was being quite the mancub.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:50 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Ah thats an old serenade for someone who indulges in a late night political rant - usually but not always - after imbibing heavily of the grape. Edo was being quite the mancub.

affraid - man! , my reputation goes before me now eh! Very Happy

Actually - I'm off the gogo juice at the moment and that night - however after spending 4 hours in the local down home sipping sparking mineral water while everybody else around was a various degrees of merriness, waiting 2 hours for a taxi ( I'll be there in 10 minutes) and finally at 2 in the morning ,said fcuk it and proceeded to walk the 2 miles home, in and out of rainshowers , getting the shite scared out of me by 2 dobermans (fecking immigrant Dubs!) and jumping into the hedge to get out of the way of the midnite hour boy racer rally , missing the hedge and going head first into the muckky ditch beyond it - by the time I finally dragged myself onto the homestead to the hysterics of the dog and cat and logged on I was in the mood to rip someones head off Twisted Evil

Still there is a lesson there - if you're going to go the pub -either drink - so you dont give a monkeys what state you arrive home in or how you got there - or drive -so you can leg it in comfort anytime you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:01 pm

Edo wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

affraid - man! , my reputation goes before me now eh! Very Happy

Actually - I'm off the gogo juice at the moment and that night - however after spending 4 hours in the local down home sipping sparking mineral water while everybody else around was a various degrees of merriness, waiting 2 hours for a taxi ( I'll be there in 10 minutes) and finally at 2 in the morning ,said fcuk it and proceeded to walk the 2 miles home, in and out of rainshowers , getting the shite scared out of me by 2 dobermans (fecking immigrant Dubs!) and jumping into the hedge to get out of the way of the midnite hour boy racer rally , missing the hedge and going head first into the muckky ditch beyond it - by the time I finally dragged myself onto the homestead to the hysterics of the dog and cat and logged on I was in the mood to rip someones head off Twisted Evil

Still there is a lesson there - if you're going to go the pub -either drink - so you dont give a monkeys what state you arrive home in or how you got there - or drive -so you can leg it in comfort anytime you want.

Tis often quoted but Homer's wisdom is quite apt here....."Alcohol....the cause of and solution to all of life's problems"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:06 am

Stumbled upon the World Premiere of "Mamma Mia" the movie in Leicester Square this evening. Great excitement altogether. Fabulous weather, lots of stars, quite a good raised walkway ... great fun! Sure why not ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zKYl7w0G0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:52 am

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Petrossian-hot-chocolate

Cup of cocoa Squire? I'll be heading off soon - early start tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Ladies and gentleman of the Glorious Sovereignty of the Machine Nation, fellow citizens of the Machine National Commonwealth, good afternoon!

It is my personal honour to award the prizes for the third round of the Star Trek franchise of quizzes.

In first place, and in recognition of his peerless knowledge of all things Trek, I award riadach the prize of a weekend trip for two to Risa with 500 strips of latinum. Here's the latinum here and now...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 180px-Latinum

And for her continued contributions to this competition, I award Kate P a specially-commissioned portrait of Captain James Tiberius Kirk...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 250px-JamesTKirk

And I also acknowledge EvotingMachine's interest in these matters and I want to reward this interest with this 3-dimensional chessboard popular in the world of Trek...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Startrekchess

Go raibh míle cách!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:19 pm

e2-e4 ....... Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:23 pm

Here, as a more suitable prize for Kate P is a scale model of the USS Enterprise E, the current flagship of the UFP's Starfleet.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Enterprise_1701-E_kit_L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Míle buíochas, Ard-Taoiseach. And in recognition of your own sterling work in keeping us quizzed, may I present you with the following

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Star-trek-dvds

and one of these
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Mug-tea-stone

to be replenished as required by

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Pjun381l

and some of these

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Kate P wrote:
Míle buíochas, Ard-Taoiseach. And in recognition of your own sterling work in keeping us quizzed, may I present you with the following

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Star-trek-dvds

and one of these
If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Mug-tea-stone

to be replenished as required by

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Pjun381l

and some of these

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 51

I'm....speechless...contained in your post is four of the finest things this world possesses....go raibh míle, míle, maith agat. There's so much Trek there, *swoons at the enormity of it all*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Well done to Ard Taoiseach, Riadach and Kate P Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Eh.....say there AT, you going to eat all those Tunnock's Bars ? Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:06 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Eh.....say there AT, you going to eat all those Tunnock's Bars ? Sad

No, you can fliuch off and buy your own! Wink

Ah, I'm only messing, have a couple for yourself and take 3 home for the children. Tis good to share the wealth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:37 am

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Teacakes

My mother always got a box of these at Christmas and we'd eat til we were sick. I've gone off chocolate lately, but used to love one (or two) on a Sunday morning while reading the papers.

A very good friend lived in Glasgow for a long time and bought three or four every day from the guy who owned the corner shop near where she lived. Every day she'd mortify herself by trying to come up with a reason/excuse/explanation why she was back for more - rather than admit she was eating them herself. 'My mother's visiting from Ireland, and I just had to get some of these for her.' 'My friend's boyfriend just dumped her - she doesn't drink but these will help drown her sorrows' and on it went...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:44 am

Kate P wrote:

My mother always got a box of these at Christmas and we'd eat til we were sick. I've gone off chocolate lately, but used to love one (or two) on a Sunday morning while reading the papers.

Mmm. Tunnock's do make exceedingly good cakes. I consider my purchases of them to be my contribution to the Scottish economy. I like to help out our Celtic cousins while helping myself to chocolatey goodness. Having them at Christmas would indeed be a delight.

Quote :
A very good friend lived in Glasgow for a long time and bought three or four every day from the guy who owned the corner shop near where she lived. Every day she'd mortify herself by trying to come up with a reason/excuse/explanation why she was back for more - rather than admit she was eating them herself. 'My mother's visiting from Ireland, and I just had to get some of these for her.' 'My friend's boyfriend just dumped her - she doesn't drink but these will help drown her sorrows' and on it went...

I'd buy them for her. I'm shameless about my love for these. One question, why didn't she bulk purchase and buy the multipacks? It'd save her a packet of cash and reduce the number of visits to the shop. I thought Scottish thrift would've kicked in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:46 am

This thread is unfair now that the shops have closed Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:53 am

And admit that you've a problem by buying them in bulk? Never...!

If you're careful, it's possible to eat the bottom off completely and be left with the perfectly formed chocolate bit, full of meringue-type stuff. Does anyone just bite into them like an apple?

Don't tell me there's no 24 hour tesco nearby, Audi?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:02 am

Kate P wrote:
And admit that you've a problem by buying them in bulk? Never...!

Meh, We all have our vices. Tunnock's isn't a bad one in the grand scheme of things!

Quote :
If you're careful, it's possible to eat the bottom off completely and be left with the perfectly formed chocolate bit, full of meringue-type stuff. Does anyone just bite into them like an apple?

Mmmm, that sounds tasty.

Quote :
Don't tell me there's no 24 hour tesco nearby, Audi?

Or Dunnes even. They should stock them too if there is no Tesco nearby.

I read those WTO postings btw. I'm 100% in agreement. Mandelson should be stopped before he destroys us all. And that's not exaggerating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:16 am

There's a Dunnes and a Tesco near enough by for a little spin but not so near..

Why is Mandelson so powerful? He's like the feckin bollix in the Lord of the Rings - Sour One
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:26 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Why is Mandelson so powerful? He's like the feckin bollix in the Lord of the Rings - Sour One

Because he's EU Trade Commissioner, and he is vested with the authority to represent the EU at all international trade talks. He gets to set our trading policy. He has one of the four most powerful commissionerships.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:36 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Because he's EU Trade Commissioner, and he is vested with the authority to represent the EU at all international trade talks. He gets to set our trading policy. He has one of the four most powerful commissionerships.
Trade Commissioner ??? Why have I only heard about this now, especially that there are 3 more of them too... (4 rings in the el..) These positions and fellas are coming out of the woodwork like fungus after a good mist. Why is the position so vested with power for a single department head? I presume it's not and the department in its entirety is vested with the power ... Are policies voted on or does he discuss with advisors or what?

The kings never died really did they they just turned into giant fungus... Res Publica
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:55 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Trade Commissioner ??? Why have I only heard about this now, especially that there are 3 more of them too... (4 rings in the el..) These positions and fellas are coming out of the woodwork like fungus after a good mist. Why is the position so vested with power for a single department head?

Because it's a trade deal, so the trade ministers of the world agree on the precepts of it and into which they are supposed to inject a national spin. The EU is represented by one person, our Trade commissioner, and our European Council votes on whether we accept the deal we get back from Mandelson. Mandelson is like Michael Collins being sent to negotiate the Treaty, Dev and the Cabinet(who are like the European Council) then vote on whether they accept the Treaty(which is like the trade deal) Collins has brought back for inspection.

Quote :
I presume it's not and the department in its entirety is vested with the power ... Are policies voted on or does he discuss with advisors or what?

He has functionaries advising him from the Commission and his EC colleagues would communicate with him. We get to vote as a community on the issue when an agreement is reached. This is where Cowen's veto comes into play. If the deal is bad for Europe and bad for Ireland(which is damn well likely), he can vote to reject the deal Mandelson has achieved. That means that the EU cannot ratify the new deal into EU affairs and that means that the world cannot go ahead with the deal. It would then have to be re-negotiated and the union as a community would have to vote again. If the deal is sufficiently better, Cowen doesn't exercise his veto and the trade deal goes through.

Mandelson's there on the behalf of the EU and he has to get a deal that will be acceptable to the 27 heads of each member state. Otherwise the deal doesn't come into effect.

Quote :
The kings never died really did they they just turned into giant fungus... Res Publica

It's not that bad. Alls he is is a very influential European Commissioner. President Barrosso, Charlie McCreevy, Lazlo Kovacs(curse upon him!) and Margot Wallstrom would be the other very influential EU commissioners.

It's like our Cabinet. Some commissioners matter(like Martin, Lenihan and Ahern) and others don't(like Cullen, O'Cúiv and O'Dea).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:41 am

Well that was nice of that young man to tell me all about the trade things and all that. God bless the youth of today.

It's great the way these Commissioner fellas bust their balls making agreements and constructing elaborate Treaties for ages, sometimes years through rounds like Doha and Uruguay and what else and then a national parliament in an instant can say "No, we don't want it". Is there anyone with the idea of discussing with the [plebs]? Peter Sutherland talks to Padraig Walshe..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: