Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 am

Frightened Albanian wrote:

toxic avenger wrote:
I don't agree with the right-wing politics, but I'll give the man his due for what he did to pull himself up. A lot of the response to him here seems to be motivated by pure and simple begrudgery. There's very little commentary on his politics or on Lisbon, but acres of it on vague innuendo about how he came by his money. Speaks volumes to me...
Oh he did pull himself up a lot all right and we still await the full stroy of how he did it. the Albanian pensioner on RTE primetime had his view on it no doubt. plus having viewed the accounts of several Ganley companies I can confirm one thing, they dont show the profit that articles like the one you refer to would have us believe.

re his politics and that would be ? we still have no manifesto, , anyway good lad toxic , you are doing your best fror the cause. What's the pool like in Libertas HQ in Tuam?

If your view is that there's something inherently wrong with being anti-abortion and/or active in opposing it, then you're saying there's something wrong with me, my parents, my late grandparents, all my family on both sides, virtually the entire populations of the places they lived in, in fact virtually an entire generation of Irish people. You don't understand Ireland, particularly the generations that have gone before, very well it seems.

Re. his accounts/profits, if you have seen them, and you have evidence and/or proof, why have you not published it? The Irish Times would give it front-page treatment. Why haven't you gone to the Revenue, the Gardai, the OCDE, etc.? This is, as you portray it, evidence of fraud and false accounting. So where is it? All these endless debates and all the controversy, it could all be over in an instant, you have the evidence that the man is a criminal, so where is it? Save us all the time and bother, produce it.

And, for the umpteenth thousandth millionth time, I don't support Libertas, I'm not a member of Libertas, I don't know a single person in Libertas, and I have never joined a political or any other movement in my entire life, not being a clubbable sort of fellow. I simply don't like half-baked smear jobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:12 am

He was 20 years old when he had this meeting in the US. The following year, aged 21, he
"met Don de Marino through a mutual associate" in Russia - de Marino being an appointee of Reagan and later Bush. The "Ganley Group" was founded in that year and acquired, according to Ganley himself, significant assets including iron, aluminium and timber. He also "made relationships with Latvian Popular Front".

http://www.albca.com/aclis/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=331

Russian journalists describe the Russian metals export milieu at this time as being peopled by mafia, with KGB contacts being a survival advantage.

De Marino is now a "trade representative" of the US in Saudi Arabia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:14 am

Quote :
“It was my first trip to the US. I was met at JFK airport by a US
Air Force Space Command general and a US Air Force Space Command
colonel who asked: ‘What the hell is going on here?’” He obviously
assumed that the Russians would promptly swipe Western
satellites for their own use. The only alternative was that Ganley’s
charm had melted a hole in the Iron Curtain, but of course it hadn’t.
Russian openness to Ganley’s satellite idea was Glasnost speaking,
only the West didn’t know how to respond. “I was so naïve I didn’t
know what you couldn’t do. I didn’t care, I was having a good time,”
recalls Ganley.

According to declan "walter Mitty" ganley anyway. the yanks were so afraid of a guy who was insuring? copying? a corporation's idea about sending satellites to space on ex commie rockets that they sent the brass to meet him?

So you're doubting him FA ? What does the anti-Ganley biographer who published that book have to say on the "tea-boy to Space Entrepreneur" in three months episode of Ganley's life ?

Why is it so unbelievable ? If it wasn't him it would have been someone else - the East was starting to open the Curtains at that stage wasn't it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:18 am

toxic avenger wrote:

toxic avenger wrote:
I don't agree with the right-wing politics, but I'll give the man his due for what he did to pull himself up. A lot of the response to him here seems to be motivated by pure and simple begrudgery. There's very little commentary on his politics or on Lisbon, but acres of it on vague innuendo about how he came by his money. Speaks volumes to me...
Oh he did pull himself up a lot all right and we still await the full stroy of how he did it. the Albanian pensioner on RTE primetime had his view on it no doubt. plus having viewed the accounts of several Ganley companies I can confirm one thing, they dont show the profit that articles like the one you refer to would have us believe.

re his politics and that would be ? we still have no manifesto, (mod - personal remark re poster cf)

If your view is that there's something inherently wrong with being anti-abortion and/or active in opposing it, then you're saying there's something wrong with me, my parents, my late grandparents, all my family on both sides, virtually the entire populations of the places they lived in, in fact virtually an entire generation of Irish people. You don't understand Ireland, particularly the generations that have gone before, very well it seems.

Re. his accounts/profits, if you have seen them, and you have evidence and/or proof, why have you not published it? The Irish Times would give it front-page treatment. Why haven't you gone to the Revenue, the Gardai, the OCDE, etc.? This is, as you portray it, evidence of fraud and false accounting. So where is it? All these endless debates and all the controversy, it could all be over in an instant, you have the evidence that the man is a criminal, so where is it? Save us all the time and bother, produce it.

And, for the umpteenth thousandth millionth time, I don't support Libertas, I'm not a member of Libertas, I don't know a single person in Libertas, and I have never joined a political or any other movement in my entire life, not being a clubbable sort of fellow. I simply don't like half-baked smear jobs.

From my reading of FA's post there is no allegation of fraud or criminal behaviour. If exaggeration of wealth was a crime half the population would be in jail. I modded the innuendo against yourself Toxic. If you want to edit it out of your own post, please go ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:26 am

It seems otherwise to me. He said:
Quote :
plus having viewed the accounts of several
Ganley companies I can confirm one thing, they dont show the profit
that articles like the one you refer to would have us believe.
Now I don't think anyone has suggested that Ganley needs to exaggerate his wealth, he's obviously very wealthy. So that leaves the insinuation that there's something up with the accounts.

Thanks for the editing, cactus, but there's no need, I don't care what his paranoia leads him to believe, it can stand as a commentary upon himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Quote :
“It was my first trip to the US. I was met at JFK airport by a US
Air Force Space Command general and a US Air Force Space Command
colonel who asked: ‘What the hell is going on here?’” He obviously
assumed that the Russians would promptly swipe Western
satellites for their own use. The only alternative was that Ganley’s
charm had melted a hole in the Iron Curtain, but of course it hadn’t.
Russian openness to Ganley’s satellite idea was Glasnost speaking,
only the West didn’t know how to respond. “I was so naïve I didn’t
know what you couldn’t do. I didn’t care, I was having a good time,”
recalls Ganley.

According to declan "walter Mitty" ganley anyway. the yanks were so afraid of a guy who was insuring? copying? a corporation's idea about sending satellites to space on ex commie rockets that they sent the brass to meet him?

So you're doubting him FA ? What does the anti-Ganley biographer who published that book have to say on the "tea-boy to Space Entrepreneur" in three months episode of Ganley's life ?

Why is it so unbelievable ? If it wasn't him it would have been someone else - the East was starting to open the Curtains at that stage wasn't it ?

The source is I think a Ganley press-release or interview, friendly to Ganley.
For why it is hard to credit, see my previous post. Ganley was 21, with no Russian and no money. From the beginning he worked with Don De Marino, who worked for Reagan and Bush.

Trade delegations and business initiatives can be a point of contact between hostile powers though which much useful information is gathered and which are points of influence.

This link gives a very good idea of what De Marino's role is:

http://www.saudi-us-relations.org/articles/2006/ioi/060417p-mepc-demarino.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:34 am

toxic avenger wrote:
Quote :
Now I don't think anyone has suggested that Ganley needs to exaggerate his wealth, he's obviously very wealthy. So that leaves the insinuation that there's something up with the accounts.

Thanks for the editing, cactus, but there's no need, I don't care what his paranoia leads him to believe, it can stand as a commentary upon himself.

No insults please and thankyou, all posters on this thread. Smile (you know who you are)

I have to disagree here. Ganley himself in his interviews has often stated that he is not a billionaire and is unwilling to give an idea of his wealth. Does anyone even know where he was tax resident before he took on Irish residency 6 years ago? His personal wealth is unknown and therefore speculation about it is inevitable. I don's see any suggestion of false accounting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 am

cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
Quote :

No insults please and thankyou, all posters on this thread. Smile (you know who you are)

I have to disagree here. Ganley himself in his interviews has often stated that he is not a billionaire and is unwilling to give an idea of his wealth. Does anyone even know where he was tax resident before he took on Irish residency 6 years ago? His personal wealth is unknown and therefore speculation about it is inevitable. I don's see any suggestion of false accounting.

I'm not so sure CF, in RTE's exposé on Ganley, Irish Times journalist Colm Keena found it remarkable that Ganley's companies never seemed to show returns.

Last edited by snapple drinker on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 1:52 am

snapple drinker wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
Quote :

I'm not so sure CF, in RTE's award winning exposé on Ganley, Irish Times journalist Colm Keena found it remarkable that Ganley's companies never seemed to show returns.

It won an award?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 1:55 am

toxic avenger wrote:
snapple drinker wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
Quote :

I'm not so sure CF, in RTE's exposé on Ganley, Irish Times journalist Colm Keena found it remarkable that Ganley's companies never seemed to show returns.

It won an award?

Sorry my bad,
I'll edit Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 am

No, you're alright, I just thought that even by RTE's pretty p1ss-poor standards, that programme winning an award would be a bit odd...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 2:04 am

The program suggested that Ganley's profits from Kiplova & Siberian aluminium were secreted in a tax haven in the Med in the early days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 2:26 am

Suggested ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:08 am

The last annual return for the Libertas Institute was made days before the election which would make the next one due just days before the June elections
REGB1 ANNUAL RETURN24/04/200801/05/2008
Plus I note the other Liberti Foundation and Party amended their info at the compay reg office on 24 Feb.
http://www.solocheck.ie/FreeIrishCompanyReport?companyNumber=428569&companyName=THE+LIBERTAS+INSTITUTE+LIMITED
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:14 am

kipelova is a dark hole in ganley lore. i have posted about it before. Kipelova now own 1% of National Timber. There is a company called kipolovo that turns over a few hundred grand but it owns two companies that turn over hundreds of millions.
Glenrock Holdings a former Ganley Company owns the otehr 99% of National timber.

The story of how ganley got his millions is from forestry, vcoincidentally the same year as he was ploughing through virginal cannels of free market finances in Albania. the Anglo Adriatic Investment Fund according to ganley would have worth of £220,000,000 in May 1997 , he said that in May 1997.

What is most interesting is that the two ganley companies that suposedly made the deal show no signs of making such a turn over or profit that year. That is according to their abrreviated accounts.

ganley allows the CNBC story that he made 100 mil from Kipelovo rest without correction. he likes people to think that is where or when he became super rich. If indeed he is super rich.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:16 am

snapple drinker wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
Quote :

You will find people defending all that but I have scoured and most of his companies appear wierd . ganley International appears to to have been trading for many years this decade. Funny for a flagship company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:17 am

snapple drinker wrote:
The program suggested that Ganley's profits from Kiplova & Siberian aluminium were secreted in a tax haven in the Med in the early days.

Glenrock is registered in Cyprus,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:49 am

peoplekorps is a divil
Ganley internationals accounts below
http://peoplekorps.blogspot.com/2009/02/ganley-international-limited-ro-address.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:16 am

snapple
drinker wrote:
The program suggested that Ganley's profits from Kiplova &
Siberian aluminium were secreted in a tax haven in the Med in the early
days.

Really? Didn’t some expert on Prime Time mention that Cyprus was known as a tax haven frequented by the Russian mafia following the break-up of the Soviet Union?

What do you think FA?

Sorry Audi if this is a provocative question, I’ll rephrase if you prefer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:19 am

What are you people going to do when Ganley flops in the elections and there's a Yes vote in Lisbon part II .

What are ye going to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:25 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
What are you people going to do when Ganley flops in the elections and there's a Yes vote in Lisbon part II .

What are ye going to do.

Move onto the next thread I suppose Wink
what makes you think Ganley will flop?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:31 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

What are ye going to do.

what do you mean by 'you people'

Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 Robertdjr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:31 am

snapple drinker wrote:
snapple
drinker wrote:
The program suggested that Ganley's profits from Kiplova &
Siberian aluminium were secreted in a tax haven in the Med in the early
days.

Really?
Didn’t some expert on Prime Time mention that Cyprus was known as a tax
haven frequented by the Russian mafia following the break-up of the
Soviet Union?

What do you think FA?

Sorry Audi if this is a provocative question, I’ll rephrase if you prefer.

Nowhere in its history does ganley int show any sign of owning the biggest
forestry company in Russia as claimed by himself...... the bold Declan)
Auditor #9 wrote:
What are you people going to do when Ganley flops
in the elections and there's a Yes vote in Lisbon part II .

What are ye going to do.

Relax get off line and live free and prosper
snapple drinker wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

What are ye going to do.

Move onto the next thread I suppose Wink
what makes you think Ganley will flop?

exactly
never let the guard down with far right groups that are morphing.

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Vulgarian to Bulgarian Freudian slip)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:33 am

Something johnfás said before below. There's no huge visibility about his campaign unless you're looking at these websites and even then you have to look for something to assess, do you know what I mean ?

Quote :
I was talking to a few non politically minded friends last weekend. I brought up the issue of Declan Ganley... he was a passing memory, as were Libertas... few could remember who he was or what Libertas were - just remember seeing the posters.

Without a major effort I don't think Ganley/Libertas will either sink or save the No Vote and I don't believe he did last time either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:37 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Something johnfás said before below. There's no huge visibility about his campaign unless you're looking at these websites and even then you have to look for something to assess, do you know what I mean ?

Quote :
I was talking to a few non politically minded friends last weekend. I brought up the issue of Declan Ganley... he was a passing memory, as were Libertas... few could remember who he was or what Libertas were - just remember seeing the posters.

Without a major effort I don't think Ganley/Libertas will either sink or save the No Vote and I don't believe he did last time either.
i had aPolish taxi driver and ganley was the first thing he brought up; Irish people are complacent about this threat. they don't know what the real far right will do. ganley's persuasion will come hard and fast with a hugely funded blitz and a new script tailored for the times.
see who he hires? former brit communications guy for Helmand , job description: promote Brits in war; explain setbacks and body bags, report "victorious" drone attacks on compounds.

help Ross kemp make his War promoting stuff for Sky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod   Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Libertas a pan European Project : Read OP Intro Carefully - Mod
Page 22 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next