Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Kate P wrote:
I have pics of my brain from all kinds of angles - had the scan in Germany a few years ago...

We can compare boys' brains and girls' brains and see what conclusions we come up with... Wink

Good god don't do that. What will happen the world if they are the same. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:39 am

I just swallowed some mouthwash by mistake - what's that gonna do to me? drunken bom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:40 am

johnfás wrote:
I just swallowed some mouthwash by mistake - what's that gonna do to me? drunken bom

Quick! Go and swallow some Skittles straight away and see what happens Smile !!

Or Mentos !!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:41 am

johnfás wrote:

Don't smoke or have a brain scan in the next 24 hours and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:42 am

Dang, that's me gone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Great disappointment at the schools rugby today but glad to see the spirit of fair play continues. We were leading 13-12 at half time. Two minutes from the end we were 22-16 down and got a try under the posts (which if converted would have us leading 23-22) but it was disallowed, resulting in a scrum. Didn't hold the nerve at the end of the day and the opposition got it down the other end of the pitch rounding off with a try winning 27-16. Good game all round, nothing better than a pint with old friends on a bright winter's day followed by watching some proper non professional sport.

Last edited by johnfás on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Those close moments at schools' matches are terrific - you can smell the urgency, the desperation, the hope and the longing.

How's the brain, Johnfás?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:00 pm

The brain is fine... I have the honour of being the first person in Ireland to have a combined EEG / ECG / MRI all in one go... all funded by Glaxo for the sake of research into Alzeimher's. I was in the damn machine for over an hour though because of the nature of the test - I had to complete certain tasks. The average MRI lasts 9 minutes. Very clostrophobic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Hope the MRI didn't wipe your hard-drive clean johnfás. Just had an interview to determine whether or not I am selected to go study for a year at Washington & Lee University. Very short interview, highly unlikely that I got it. Ah well, I'm not too pushed really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:30 pm

If you're not in, you can't win. Best of luck ecu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Jeez tony, you have developed a very lazy method of quoting. But with that said, it would appear to be very efficient also.

Bruton Bruton Bruton ... Oh yeh now I remember the bloke. Baldy chap from Meath ?

WTF has that got to do with anything ?

See, history goes back a long time. I could throw a Cicero annunciation
at you either. But I was alluding to recent events obviously.

*Skippy the Kangaroo noise*
No, it’s just that when you said “This nonsense has been going on for 10 years” and “The entire party walking out was a culmination of at least 10 years abuse of Dáil protocol and out of respect for voters.” I somehow got the impression that you thought this had only started in the last 10 years and that Labour & FG were somehow innocent victims of this hitherto unknown behaviour as perpetrated by the dastardly FF & the late lamented PD’s.

Just so you know it ain’t so and that no amount of feckamajiggery by you or anyone else will make it so.

I'll accept the lot providing you accept that I don't feckmajigg. If you accuse me of feckmajigg, I will counter accuse with megafeckmajigg.

And I have nore evidence of MFMJ than you have of FMJ.

ANyway , enough of that . Have you heard the Adele version of the Dylan song ? Feckin brilliant.
Dylan who?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:11 am

Dylan Bob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:28 am

Dylan Bob.
Just had a listen to it, she's good, that girl, and she's from Tottenham as well so class all the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:33 am

tonys wrote:
Dylan Bob.
Just had a listen to it, she's good, that girl, and she's from Tottenham as well so class all the way.
Yeer off topic lads big style but ah what the hell it's all of topic now.

Have you heard 'Chasing Pavements'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz7vGW2_5c0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:43 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Dylan Bob.

Good video that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:51 am

tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Dylan Bob.

Good video that.
Great voice awful accent anyone have any clue where all these retro Duffy Winehouse chicks started up.

On second thoughts her accent is not so bad ...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 am

Off topic ?

Ye must hear the Dylan song. She's a fantastic singer.

I heard a clip of it only this morning. Been listening to it ever since. Apart from the MATCH of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:06 am

Do you know the name of the song. "Make you feel my love" ?

I youtubed it but I don't recognise it as a Dylan Song. Must have been from one of the albums of recent times.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:11 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Do you know the name of the song. "Make you feel my love" ?

I youtubed it but I don't recognise it as a Dylan Song. Must have been from one of the albums of recent times.

Yeh that's the one . I can't see utubes all day long.

Can you repost the vid Audi. Or maybe not . I like the listen bit . Hear the Piano. Really, hear the piano.

Play piano Play piano
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 18 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:13 am

Jools Holland Live: