Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 6:06 pm

905 wrote:
Well my semi -tyhird is is proper Lallans. And Munster-Irish. dO YOU SEE ME GIVING A FIG FOR EITHER? sEMI-THIRD MO TYHÓIN, TA TÚ AG AG CAINT FAOI AON SEÚ. And I'll mate you... c'mon over here, ya $%^%$% $%&*!"$£!

905, is that meant to make sense?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 4:21 am

Anyone for a night cap ? Don't be shy to take a shot when you're offered - there's plenty of funds left in the kitty - about 10000000000000000000 miniaudi dollars I think...

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 GC57

If it gets smaller we can always type in another zero.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Anyone for a night cap ? Don't be shy to take a shot when you're offered - there's plenty of funds left in the kitty - about 10000000000000000000 miniaudi dollars I think...

And we can back it up with consumer credit in the unlikely event of a global downturn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:34 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

And we can back it up with consumer credit in the unlikely event of a global downturn.

Indeed, but such is the strength of the Machine Nation's account that such actions will not be necessary. An Sibín Reoite is well-capitalised and has little potential to the downside over the medium-term horizon. In light of this, Dom Perignon, anyone?

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 The-Dom-Perignon-Experience-L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:46 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
905 wrote:
Well my semi -tyhird is is proper Lallans. And Munster-Irish. dO YOU SEE ME GIVING A FIG FOR EITHER? sEMI-THIRD MO TYHÓIN, TA TÚ AG AG CAINT FAOI AON SEÚ. And I'll mate you... c'mon over here, ya $%^%$% $%&*!"$£!

905, is that meant to make sense?
Dear God. Let that stand as a warning to ye all, not to attempt to finish both a thousand words and a bottle of buckfast on the same night, while talking about such emotive issues as language and identity.

Take away the capitalisation and it doesn't look too bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:55 am

Time gentlemen, Please
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 pm

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Bucket-lg

The state of the place after ye... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 12:59 am

I'm distracting myself from the weekly blast of housework, Friday Night 80s on the radio and avoiding Pat Kenny whose voice is emanating from the sitting room against my will.

There must be more to life...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:09 am

They are having an interesting discussion on Pat's show. He has tons of over qualified people on many of who have only just qualified and now there is no work so they have to head to Canada and Australia.

What'll they do after a year when all the work dries up there ? Come back here for The Boom II ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:32 am

Quote :
They are having an interesting discussion on Pat's show.

Hmmm. I'm always distrustful when I hear the audience roaring, clapping and cheering before the show even starts - it's not that kind of gig.

No. I can't do it.

Quote :
He has tons of over qualified people on many of who have only just qualified and now there is no work so they have to head to Canada and Australia.

What'll they do after a year when all the work dries up there ? Come back here for The Boom II ???

YOung people will do what they've always done and travel the world for work. It's middle-aged and older people who will find it far more difficult - they did their stint in England in the 80s and won't want to do it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:23 am

Did you see John Murray the business reporter ? He was on next with two 'entrepreneurs' ...

Are you not less bored now after those videos of the dancing guy and the ants and all ? If you did a bit of dancing it could be a good sign that you're not so bored. I have an economics video coming up now by a nerdy fella but I think you'd like him ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:30 am

I didn't watch any of it but then, I rarely watch any tv. John Murray has a great radio voice.

Economics Video? On a Friday night? You're worse than I am...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:05 am

Kate P wrote:
I didn't watch any of it but then, I rarely watch any tv. John Murray has a great radio voice.
Yeah they never look how they sound do they ? I think I pictured him as a healthy looking Ryan Tubberty.

Quote :
Economics Video? On a Friday night? You're worse than I am...
Ah 'tis only Mike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:20 am

I watched Back to the Future II for the evening pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:31 am

johnfás wrote:
I watched Back to the Future II for the evening pirat
Is that the one where he powers his car using rotten vegetables and other stuff from a bin ?

Do you like space fillemms ? There's a lovely Spielberg space film called 'ET'. You might like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:33 am

That's the very one. Next weekend we'll be watching III which is the one based in the Wild West. We are doing the trilogy over 3 weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:21 am

johnfás wrote:
That's the very one. Next weekend we'll be watching III which is the one based in the Wild West. We are doing the trilogy over 3 weekend.

I got the video set of that trilogy years ago as a Christmas present. Back to the Future is another thing for which I have a soft spot. It is a fine piece of SF from the 80s and it is a nice extension of the time travel tradition. I particularly like the Doc in the films and his dog, Einstein. Flux those capacitors john! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:01 am

Give me a very large bottle of spirits....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:23 am

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Vodka110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:48 am

Ah...splendid. My thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:05 am

A quickie for the road, as a passenger naturally. Dropping the brother to the airport, who has decided to go take in the Obama inauguration first hand and then going with parents to an exhibition of sculpture in Banbridge. Have a good day one and all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:20 am

johnfás wrote:
A quickie for the road, as a passenger naturally. Dropping the brother to the airport, who has decided to go take in the Obama inauguration first hand and then going with parents to an exhibition of sculpture in Banbridge. Have a good day one and all!
post a photo if there's anything worth looking at. Of the sculpture, not the brother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:45 pm

An absolutely world class restrospective of the work of FE McWilliam. It is at Banbridge and runs until mid February, anybody who gets the chance should pop along. It is rare that one would have the opportunity to see so many sculptures of critical importance in one place on this island.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Femcwi10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:02 am

cactus flower wrote:
Very Happy

You better believe it, babe. The good ship Machine Nation is recession-proof! Let's be rationally exuberant people!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 11 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next