Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 1:46 pm

tonys, speculation about identities could keep us endlessly amused, but is sadly off-topic. Smile
Back to top Go down

nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 2:41 pm

cactus flower wrote:
tonys, speculation about identities could keep us endlessly amused, but is sadly off-topic. Smile
Be that as it may, it gives some context, don’t you think?
Colours in the black & white picture as presented, so to speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:37 pm

tonys wrote:

Do either of them know notdevson or a thorn by any other name at all?

He's Myles_Per_Hour over on P.ie now, although, true to form, he denies it. He can be a very good poster on occasion, but on others... Dear God! Sorry mods, off topic, I'll button it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:48 pm

Ooooofffff Tooooopiic !!!

Every poster is entitled to be accepted on the merit of their posts, anonymously. That goes for you too lads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:59 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Every poster is entitled to be accepted on the merit of their posts, anonymously. That goes for you too lads.

Yes, of course, you're right, although strictly speaking we are only commenting on a different manifestation of anonymity, not on real identity. But, I won't quibble...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:08 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Yes, of course, you're right, although strictly speaking we are only commenting on a different manifestation of anonymity, not on real identity. But, I won't quibble...
I will, but then I always do.
Later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 8:31 pm

tonys wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

I will, but then I always do.
Later.
tonys, you're a minx Smile

Here is a full list of nominations - we are proposing to run an open poll on the portal for the short list of best politician and a separate one for the worst. Only politicians receiving more than one nomination in accordance with rules will be on the short lists.
The poll threads will be locked until 5 p.m. tomorrow, when polling will commence.

Please notify me by the end of today if you think that there are any errors or omissions in the lists.

Nominations for the best post on the nominations thread are also invited.

Nominated as Best

Richard Bruton 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Joan Burton 1 1 1 1 1 1
John Gormley 1 1 1 1 1 1
Batt O'Keefe 1 1 1 1 1

Joe Higgins 1 1 1 1 1
Leo Varadkar 1 1 1 1
Eamon Gilmore 1 1 1 1
Declan Ganley 1 1 1
Mary Harney 1 1 1
Bertie Ahern 1 1

J. O'Reilly 1 1 1
Eamon Ryan 1 1 1

Mary Lou McDonald 1 1
Noel Dempsey 1
Patricia McKenna 1
Kerrynorth 1
Michael D. Higgins 1
David Norris 1
Sean Sherlock 1
Joe Casey 1
Brian Hayes 1
Ciaran Cannon 1
Patricia McKenna 1

Simon Coveney 1
No one 1
Noel Dempsey 1
Eamon O'Cuiv 1

Dick Roche 1
Enda Kenny 1
Brian Lenihan 1

Willie O'Dea 1

Nominated as worst:
Mary Harney 11 1 1
Bertie Ahern 1 1 1

Brian Cowen 1 1 1
James O'Reilly 1 1
John Gormley 1 1 1

Ganley 1 1
Leo Varadker 1 1 1

Joan Burton 1 1
Mary O'Rourke 1
Richard Bruton 1
Enda Kenny 1
James O’Reilly 1

Brian Lenihan 1
Paul Gogarty 1
Mary Coughlan 1
Batt O’Keefe 1

Cheers cheers

cf

Last edited by cactus flower on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add Willie O'Dea)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 9:19 pm

Wow, someone thought Coveney is a contender for politician of the year? That's different...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 9:23 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
Wow, someone thought Coveney is a contender for politician of the year? That's different...

That's an interesting ranking you've got there toxic avenger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 9:26 pm

cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

That's an interesting ranking you've got there toxic avenger.

Actually, I wasn't strictly ranking (Batt O'Keeffe wouldn't be in my top three), more stream-of-consciousness dribbling random thoughts that came to mind at the time. But you can let it stand as is...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:45 am

I posted saying I wanted Willie O Dea but he is listed as the worst. I even picked his slogan after he is Taoiseach. Willie?, yes he will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:57 am

youngdan wrote:
I posted saying I wanted Willie O Dea but he is listed as the worst. I even picked his slogan after he is Taoiseach. Willie?, yes he will.

Yes youngdan - I remember that - I have corrected the list, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 2:35 am

You can not be blamed because with 5000 posts here and there when have I praised an Irish politician of any party. Maybe a reference to Kemmy, Michael D and Gregory with half hearted praise but Wille on q and a won me over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 2:44 am

youngdan wrote:
You can not be blamed because with 5000 posts here and there when have I praised an Irish politician of any party. Maybe a reference to Kemmy, Michael D and Gregory with half hearted praise but Wille on q and a won me over

Good men, all three, although the first sadly is dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow   nominations - Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machine Nation Irish Politician of the Year - Last Day for Nominations - Polling Starts Tomorrow
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6