Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:29 am

START

Funny word that...start

Means both fright and beginning. That's what we got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:18 am

That's a blast from the past, evm. I had a very warm, fuzzy feeling back in those days. I remember spending that whole weekend trying to drum up new members.

I logged in and read back over the pms between myself and Audi as we tried to figure out how to find people and invite them over.

It was a lovely little acorn, wasn't it, the refuge?

Last edited by Kate P on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:08 pm

It was lovely: I've been back over and visited it a couple of times. It had some great threads.

That is a piece of history - we should have a link to it in the portal.

Oooh look here comes eoinmn! And SeathrúnCeitinn! And Kate P!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:10 am

One year already! Time does indeed fly when one is having fun. Congrats to all who make this a great site, particularly to those who do site maintenance and those whose enthusiasm keep things on the boil.

Happy Birthday MN!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:29 am

Machine Nation is a year old today.
WooHoo WooHoo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:31 am

Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! Birthday%20Cake_nocandle

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:57 am

Where's Ard Taoiseach with the speech?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:02 pm

WeyHey

cheers

An Auditor #9 speech will do in this case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Can we get a book going on who is going to do the longest speech?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:12 pm

2 Euro on Auditor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Happy Birthday Machine Nation cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:29 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
2 Euro on Auditor.
My 2 euro is on ArdTaoiseach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:32 pm

My two euro is on Ard Taoiseach using the most Irish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Today is an historic day, it is a fine day, a day that will live in infamy for some. Today is the day that we've been waiting for all year and when it goes by we will be looking back on it for the next year.

The fine institution that is MN which sprung up organically from a profound gap in the social and political irish and world internet blogosboardsphere a year ago is now ready to take its first steps into the unknown world of the next level of the phase where MN goes from a board that is free to a board that is still free but will have more diskspace and programmer interfaces.

CERTAIN PEOPLE have been very busy assembling rocks, blocks, mortar, cogs, blogs, logs, wheels, deals and meals etc. in another spot on the long line of webpages on the internet. Those certain Machine people or person has been creating a digital masterpiece where you can still not embed youtube videos but there is at least a transient forum for the transients who are us - rambling and wondering and wandering all over cyberspace and ciderspace sometimes looking for the Last Home where we can build and sustain ourselves.

The Mecca has arrived and it's time for another Hejira; MNizens you must go forth and log on to the website that you should paste into the tab next to this one. Thereupon you will find your Promised Land for Now - a place very much like this which was built by wonderful array of people (many of who have since fecked off like Riadach) and I'd like to thank BuachaillBeo, SeatrunC, eoinmn, Kate P, Michael Hennigan, David Cochrane, cookie, OscarBravo, ibis, elainec and many many more too nameless to mention who founded this job here and who will be henceforth bound by the strictures of the New Place which beg decorum only and implore an insight and peering into the details of things including Government bank accounts, how Monsanto modifies DNA to create 'suicide seeds', what amateurs are out there waltzing in front of their cameras and the continuing implications of science and tech and their impact on the worlds of culture, politics, the media and society at large.

We have so many great people here and so many great brains and so much talent - it's hard to know where to begin because there are so many and so many great ideas and so much great input into the threads on sandwiches and Christmas recipies and the threads on how to grow chickens and hunt pheasnt and the list is endless.

But we have yet more work to do - we have seen the End of capitalism this year, the End of Bertie Madoff, the fall of the World Economy and much much more and now we should be gunning for justice in America, an end to the establishment which perpetuates the tyranny of those who put the Harp on the penny and the dollar on the naked breast - we must strive for social justice, sustainability, perspicacity in public finance, stronger regulatory structures so that NO ONE BANK can become systemic ever again, we must strive for pacifism even if that includes owning a gun, we must work hard to promote and extend fairness justice truth and democracy and for Gods sake we must strive to finishe the thread on the 1000 sandwiches once and for all Evil or Very Mad

Thank you - get your soup in the next level of the video game.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Amazing speech Auditor #9 Shocked

Just for you johnfás by way of celebration of our first birthday - the friend I mentioned has moved on from pin-up to burlesque and she is here to entertain you:

http://www.missgoldendelicious.com/page14.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Can I open that in the library or am I likely to get thrown out, cactus?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Great speech Audi. Says it all.
(Come on Ard T, make yours longer and I'll split my 2 euro with you.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Are any of ye going to make any speeches - I've still more to stay, I'm not finished yet that was at least only one quarter of it I haven't gone into any depth on the level of regulation or ...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Great speech Audi. Hear Hear. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm

MN became a happy refuge for me back in August. I cannot count how many times I have smiled with satisfaction while perusing this wonderful place. Long may the ethos of MN continue and I look forward to many years of chat, discussion and mental machinery. Well done to all and sundry for making this place what it is. I only wish that I could be of more help to those who do the trojan work of keeping the cogs and wheels of MN running smoothly. Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 pm

cactus flower wrote:
My two euro is on Ard Taoiseach using the most Irish.

I always think he's referring to washing machines for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Floating - in machine nation you can have your cake and eat it too. You can drink 40 pints in the Sibin Reoite and you won't have a hangover.

It's amazing that place - better than Doolin.

Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! 2073932843_ad7d0d5bd4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:34 pm

Talking of pints, when are we all going to have a meet up? I suggest the midlands somewhere.....
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Are the midlands near the M50 ? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Yep. Just take the exit for the N4/N6 and head for a place called Galway. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!   Happy Birthday ... The refuge.  Machine Nation One Year Old Today! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday ... The refuge. Machine Nation One Year Old Today!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next