Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:28 am

Where are you getting that Respvblica? CNN are saying there might be a big surprise for Obama in Indiana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 am

I want to catch up in the morning when things will be much clearer. If I didn't have a busy day tomorrow I would have been tempted. I think the result may be clear by 1 a.m.

"Rednecks for Obama" seem to be doing well in West Indiana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:32 am

Yea I'm going to stay up until 2 tops. I have to make a phonecall at 6am so I need to be up and lucid at that stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:35 am

Popular vote very close 49/46 in favour of Obama so far - very tight: but still very early days.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:43 am

CNN TV and CNN web in complete disagreement over Florida.

I think Obama has Florida.

N Carolina very close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:45 am

85% turn out in St Louis County - Democratic win expected by Fox for the whole of Missouri - a litmus swing state always in the past one by the Presidential winner.

Last edited by cactus flower on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:45 am

BBC refusing to announce virtually anything until they have reliable results. What are the US networks saying? BBC are only reporting Vermont and Kentucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:46 am

You watching Fox, cactus? I often watch Fox for the comedy value but I am settled on BBC for the evening with occasional flicks to CNN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 am

johnfás wrote:
You watching Fox, cactus? I often watch Fox for the comedy value but I am settled on BBC for the evening with occasional flicks to CNN.

Fox are doing quite well, with a very simple set up in studio and good outside broadcasts. Grant Park in Chicago - jammers, 70 degrees temperature and its looking like Oxygen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:50 am

Fox's guy is saying that what is coming in in terms of actual votes is consistent with the polls of the last few days.

A comfortable Obama win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:02 am

I wonder how Fox etc will change if the Republicans take an absolute hammering, which they are likely to. Will they become a station of opposition or will they alter themselves to a new model.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 am

All these American accents are giving me a headache.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 am

Just be thankful it isn't the Australians...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:04 am

They would plot and destabilise.

Right, I'm going to save the rest of this for the morning.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 am

Night Smile.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:06 am

NBC : Florida tctc.... Pennsylvania for Obama Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:09 am

Fox are calling Kentucky for the Republican Minority Senate Leader. That was once the Dems had hoped to take.

However, in North Carolina they are saying the Dems beat Elisabeth Dole.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:44 am

Obama has Penn. This is Obama's gig. I'm off. Very Happy Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 5:09 am

me too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 am

BBC calling Ohio for Barry.

Looking like its a wrap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 5:51 am

Gnite wage slaves - as a newly annointed member of the leisurely class - Im sitting back with a six pack of half price Amstel and will stay up for the acceptance speech - its looking good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 5:54 am

I see Eoghan Harris's prediction of a Mc Cain victory by a considerable margin came to fruition Rolling Eyes

You'd make a tidy fortune betting on the opposite of what this twit says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 5:55 am

I know I should go to sleep, work tomorrow and all that, but its hard.

New Mexico, traditionally GOP, is being called for Hopey.

Florida too close to call, what's new?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 6:02 am

Good man Eoghan

144 million turnout - biggest since 1908 - who would have thought that George Bush would be responsible for the rebirth of American democracy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 6:04 am

cataclysmic catalyst?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA   Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Obama is the 44th President Elect of the USA
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next