Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm

905 wrote:
A century ago, Ireland was pushing successfully for Home Rule, so they wouldn't have been surprised at all.

Home Rule was limited, very limited autonomy within the UK. Home Rule Ireland would have no control over defence or foreign affairs.

905 wrote:
The EU can absorb much of the autonomous sentiment with it's focus on regions, while maintaining the nation-state as the key block, the state bit at least.

The regions won't be very confident of their position with the EU if we get dumped over Lisbon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 10:13 pm

The Brussels commission often requests the creation of regions for the distribution of subsidies, even where no regional identities reasonably exist.

I know a linguist who was hired by the Commission to write a report on the variations of French in Picardie. At the end of his work he was told by the commission that he should modify his report, in order to show the Picard dialect as clearly distinct from official French.

And, I can assure you, Picard dialect is just a faint accent and one hundred local words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:08 pm

arnaudherve wrote:
The Brussels commission often requests the creation of regions for the distribution of subsidies, even where no regional identities reasonably exist.

I know a linguist who was hired by the Commission to write a report on the variations of French in Picardie. At the end of his work he was told by the commission that he should modify his report, in order to show the Picard dialect as clearly distinct from official French.

And, I can assure you, Picard dialect is just a faint accent and one hundred local words.

Cough...Ulster-Scots...cough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:07 pm

arnaudherve wrote:

In Ireland we just get a pen and draw a random line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Well apparantly there was very little basis for the Norwegian language, but they managed it anyway. Either it was basically a dialect of Danish or Swedish; or there was Norse, but it was restricted to a few tiny villages and remote valleys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Italian and Spanish are only a stone's throw away from each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 11:15 pm

905 wrote:
Well apparantly there was very little basis for the Norwegian language, but they managed it anyway. Either it was basically a dialect of Danish or Swedish; or there was Norse, but it was restricted to a few tiny villages and remote valleys.

Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic and Swedish are North Germanic languages. Basically with a little effort they could all speak the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_language

I like this quote;

Quote :
A language is a dialect with an army and navy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 11:59 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Italian and Spanish are only a stone's throw away from each other.

I think you exagerate a bit CF. I am fluent in Italian but cannot follow movies in Spanish. Portuguese and Spanish are almost the same to read but differ strongly in pronunciation.

Norwegian, Swedish and Danish are mutually understandable, but Icelandic not, because it remained in an archaic stage you could compare to old English, voluntarily for cultural reasons.

I think 905 was right in pointing out the political changes of Norwegian. In fact they still have Bokmal (language of books), which is in fact the Danish they inherited from the Danish power, and when they became independent they promoted Nynorsk (new Norwegian), simply by using a number of dialect words and phrases instead of Danish.

However because official Danish and dialect Norwegian were so close already, they intermingle very easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:26 am

http://www.voltairenet.org/article157821.html

If this is not the best read I have had in years I don't know what is. I would ask everyone's opinion but the native son would likely be more familiar with some of the charactors. It discusses mob ties to politicians as well which some here tretend not to exist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 1:51 pm

It was a long read, but I believe all this is true.

In particular, I was always intrigued by the "barmy", or temperamental tudes of the Gaullists, always oscillating between alliance and hostility to the USA, always oscillating between organized crime and the defence of the State.

Now, who is the author Thierry Meyssan is in itself another interesting story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:51 pm

I will be checking Meyssan and the site Voltaire myself as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:59 pm

This is a dangerous pit...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Why didn't you warn me. This guy seems to be a Commie. I am deeply traumatized.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Rolling Eyes I don't understand what he is actually. He was a devout Catholic then an anti-Catholic masonic activist. He was a gay activist now he flirts with Islamist networks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 11:10 pm

Couldn't he have just left it that Sarkozy wants a Rumsfeld-style army and to get France back in to NATO?

The idea of tens of thousands of Lamberists Trotskists voting to order would make the head spin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Must be one thousand or two, but entryism is definitely their forte.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:15 am

How is Sarkozy's performance viewed by the French voters currently ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 4:20 am

Cactus. Did you not read the article that I linked to that we found so interesting. It describes how Sarkosi seduced the bride. As strange as it seems the little midget is able to give a good performance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:20 am

cactus flower wrote:
How is Sarkozy's performance viewed by the French voters currently ?

Very poor. Official polls say positive opinions are at 36%, and negative opinions at 60%. Exceptionally bad for a beginning of mandate. But I suspect even those are manipulated now, in order to hide the disaster.

Graphic below shows that the Ingrid Betancourt barnum in the media had no effect, positive opinion in blue, negative in red:

Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 Cotemoy

The last scandal yesterday was that Carla got photographed on the roof of the presidential palace, for the launching of her new record. It is a use of a public good for commercial purposes that is deemed illegal by many.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:13 am

youngdan wrote:
Cactus. Did you not read the article that I linked to that we found so interesting. It describes how Sarkosi seduced the bride. As strange as it seems the little midget is able to give a good performance

An old, but small man in our local Sibin commented on the relative heights of the couple: "It is easy to climb a tree when its fallen down".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:14 pm

This lad has climbed forests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:48 pm

Youngdan and CF you are extremely shocking. You'd better listen to Radio Bistrot :

"Ils n'avaient jamais vu ça à Disneyland, Blanche Neige qui épouse le nain".

Last edited by arnaudherve on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:51 pm

Fortunately I don't understand but looking at her is scary enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:01 pm

"In France we have architectural riches, but he chose to announce his wedding at Disneyland".

"They had never seen that at Disneyland, Snowhite who marries the dwarf".

"What happens if Hillary becomes president? During official ceremonies, the consorts keep each other company..."

'He says what he thinks, he does what he says, sometimes you would just like him to shut up."

"The former presidents had dreams of grandeur, Nicolas likes Rollex watches and Eurodisney."

"The French right is now Cassoulet: a small sausage with a lot of beans (fayots=courtisans) around".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:52 pm

Who is that naughty piece? That was a tour de force. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence   Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sarkozy Egged - But for Breton not Irish Independence
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next