Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Suggestions for changing this place.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage

Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:42 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
There's new wind turbines in Clonshaugh. I'll see if I can get a pic against the blue sky. (What blue sky I hear you say)

Run quick its just come out!! sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:51 pm

I prefer steampunk illustrations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm

arnaudherve wrote:

Steampunk?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:02 pm

cactus flower wrote:
arnaudherve wrote:

Steampunk?
+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:02 pm

cactus flower wrote:
arnaudherve wrote:

Steampunk?
+1

+1 again.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:45 pm

My portal page still doesn't fit on my screen. What gives.

Is it the forest at the bottom ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:51 pm

It ok for me but you have my sympathy. The top of the portal looks verygood, but the bottom is a bit gappy. Should we put things like the calendar in a band across the bottom?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:59 pm

My portal page still doesn't fit on my screen. What gives.

Is it the forest at the bottom ?

CTRL + Minus sign Wink

Or do you mean the gaps at the bottom? They have to be filled in manually..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:04 pm

With me the page fits. With gaps and bottom - perhaps the simplest thing would be to extend the latest topics to fill the gap?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Not the gaps. The body of the portal page is wider than the header block.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:24 pm

I removed the forest and now it is OK Sad

Maybe the forest image is too big ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:34 pm

The trees were nice.
Mr Tickerman's 2 youtubes are out of line though.
(God I hate asking Audi to do stuff, he is too good to us with all these lovely portal features Embarassed)
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:38 pm

cactus flower wrote:
The trees were nice.
(God I hate asking Audi to do stuff, he is too good to us with all these lovely portal features Embarassed)

The trees were nice, but were 1336 pixels wide. We can put a smaller forest there.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:08 pm

cactus flower wrote:
The trees were nice.

I fixed that now, primarily to save Audi the terrible pain, suffering and anguish of having to do it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:13 pm

cactus flower wrote:
The trees were nice.

I fixed that now, primarily to save Audi the terrible pain, suffering and anguish of having to do it. Smile

Thankyou Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:35 pm

This place looks pretty good now. It's very tightly knitted together and there is a pleasing sense of unity to the site. There is an abundance of colour, sights and sounds on the Portal Page and we have struck a good balance between the visual and the textual. Well done to our Founding Fathers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 pm

I removed the forest and now it is OK Sad

Maybe the forest image is too big ??

Another forest just swept away like a horde of Viet Cong in 1969. I don't mind doing anything cactus - I like it. I prefer doing it to EvM doing it because he is busy working and God knows at the moment I need his tax money Wink so best keep him sweet.

the tickerguy youtubes were ordered in my browser so I didn't notice them although I remember you saying it cactus. Amazing how different the place looks with a different browser.

Ard Taoiseach I was thinking of you when I did the Teaconomics corner. Any suggestions I'll do it. I'm trying to collect all bits and pieces of one type of discipline or subject into individual panels. I'm thinking we could collect some politics links for another panel? Maybe ratemyhospital, p.ie, the Govt Sleep channels etc. And then one final panel of tech shite and infrastructure and other stuff - roads, NRA etc.

You don't think it's too much? There's loads of stuff there but I'll make some of the images into text links as I think they slow down the loading of the portal page... although breaking news tends to be often stuck - loads of hits on its site of course. Anyone find it slow to load?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 2:19 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Ard Taoiseach I was thinking of you when I did the Teaconomics corner. Any suggestions I'll do it.

Thanks very much Auditor. It's a nice touch and it's appreciated. Indeed, teaconomics is a virtual Googlewhack.

I'd like to see a link to the online edition of the Wealth of Nations to be included in that panel since it would aid people's access to the tome.

This site is coming along very well and is far and away more elegant than others elsewhere on the Irish webosphere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 am

Wow Ard Taoiseach that googlewhack shows that particular panel in all its glory ... I didn't realise that panels got hit like that .. I'll put a link to the wealth of nations on there so too.

what's a googlewhack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 2:29 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Wow Ard Taoiseach that googlewhack shows that particular panel in all its glory ... I didn't realise that panels got hit like that .. I'll put a link to the wealth of nations on there so too.

It must be reading all the text in the site and putting it into its famous cloud from which we can retrieve it via a search.

Quote :
what's a googlewhack

A Googlewhack is a search term of one or two words which, when entered into the Google Search Function, return only one result. The inherent paradox of a Googlewhack is that as a Googlewhack is more widely reported or commented upon, the more likely it is to cease being a Googlewhack.

Link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 10:37 pm

The alcohol advertising poll appears to be deadlocked.

Is it time for a new poll?

Obama vs Palin?
Irish Bank Guarantee - triumph or disaster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 10:58 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Obama vs Palin?
Definitely time for new poll. Obama versus McCain surely?

How about budget stuff or tabloid populism - Should cigarettes be so expensive? Should the smoking ban be revisited as it seems to be destroying our pub culture which is a lynchpin of our community life in rural areas.

The bank one is also worth polling for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:07 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Obama vs Palin?
Definitely time for new poll. Obama versus McCain surely?

How about budget stuff or tabloid populism - Should cigarettes be so expensive? Should the smoking ban be revisited as it seems to be destroying our pub culture which is a lynchpin of our community life in rural areas.

The bank one is also worth polling for.

Lets get the bank one up, and Obama-McCain in about 10 days time. ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:30 pm

cactus flower wrote:
OK. Who wants to open a new thread on the bank bailout then? Builders bailout, creative central banking or plug in the production and spending powers of the West? We can have more than two options if it suits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:47 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
OK. Who wants to open a new thread on the bank bailout then? Builders bailout, creative central banking or plug in the production and spending powers of the West? We can have more than two options if it suits.

Not a new thread - just a poll at the top of the one we have already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for changing this place.
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next