Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Suggestions for changing this place.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:18 am

I am glad to hear that it was a joke - I thought we were heading backwards there rapidly.

Sorry to hear about the colour blindness. The colour on the first one is a fairly violent lilac I am afraid. I would need sunglasses.... and some Panadol after a few minutes!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am

The thread contrast is good on this one.

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/portal.htm?theme_id=106061

Unfortunately the font size on the portal/latest topics is small for most of them. The nature of free forums is such that they disallow FTP. That is the case here. So we can't upload code to enlarge the font.

I like this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:19 am

Thats a far clearer layout. Excellent Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 am

Wow! I can see again... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:24 am

It's very snazzy. Makes my long food posts look like short novels though Embarassed

Ah well. Worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:25 am

Are ye definitely sure ye don't like this one ?

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/portal.htm?theme_id=103049
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:29 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Aaaaghhh - it hurts!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:34 am

The gods of internet moderators would surely curse you
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:41 am

What ? No pleasing some people. It's Girly isn't it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:44 am

Girlies are not taking the blame for that, thanks all the same. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:11 am

Kate P wrote:

Girlies are not taking the blame for that, thanks all the same. Wink

I know. But it was an interesting experience.

Here it is again Kate.

I know you love it. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:17 am

Thanks for the warning - I'll just grab my sunglasses before I click on the link. Cool

I just noticed also on the Irish Picture thread that there's no way to scroll down through the previous posts with this layout. Hardly terminal but worth pointing out...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:55 am

I didn't notice that. Are you sure you are not imagining it. Try it with the sunglasses off ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:09 am

The King of the Trolls wrote:
This is a very pretty skin alright. The last one was a lot more inert in comparison.

Any ideas what we'll replace the phpbb banner at the top with?
Geaarcogs Audi. love gearcogs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:06 pm

I think someone (Kate ?) was asking about changing the size of the font before which seems cannot be done. You can still change the size of the font on your browser though by going to View (in firefox) and Text Size. You can adjust the size of the text there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:11 pm

Wtf is with the new tagline? Are you trying to fit the whole site up there?

And why no mention of Business and Finance? Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Sorry EV, tend to agree with Ard-T. Way too long.
Machine Nation - A Look Under the Nation's Bonnet is good and should sum it up. Down to posters to develop the various subject areas then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Atticus wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Sorry EV, tend to agree with Ard-T. Way too long.
Machine Nation - A Look Under the Nation's Bonnet is good and should sum it up. Down to posters to develop the various subject areas then.

Thanks for the support, Atticus. I like the brevity and clarity of "A look under the Nation's Bonnet". At the moment it looks a mess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:34 pm

I've been wracking my brain over the last few days to come up with something else and really, I think A Look Under the Nation's Bonnet is great. If you wanted to add something underneath that, you could, but it's probably redundant.

But could you shove it up a couple of mm because it's very difficult to read where it is - as if it slipped a little drunkenly. Put it on the blue line above?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Is it not in the right place now? - it fits perfectly for me now into the big blue bit at the top. I included business and finance as well Ard-T and I'd like to squeeze a bit more in - maybe a word or two about women's lib? That should get a few more punters... Twisted Evil

You need to take that 2nd tablet now, friend!! Laughing Wink
Seriously the site is very promising and I havent had time yet to post properly. But I see some really good possibilities for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 12:15 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Is it not in the right place now? - it fits perfectly for me now into the big blue bit at the top. I included business and finance as well Ard-T and I'd like to squeeze a bit more in - maybe a word or two about women's lib? That should get a few more punters... Twisted Evil

Ah, now he wants world domination.

On my screen the words Under ... are on a white line below the nice big blue box and are bisected by the blue line at the bottom of the nice big blue box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 12:21 am

Have you not hooked your laptop up to a Sony 32" 100 Hz LCD yet? It does this place justice, I tell ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 12:44 am

Mmmm.

Auditor, when I Google the site I only get a result if I look for 'Machine Nation bonnet'. Somehow this is lacking in gravitas. Is there anything that can be done?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 12:49 am

cactus flower wrote:
Mmmm.

Auditor, when I Google the site I only get a result if I look for 'Machine Nation bonnet'. Somehow this is lacking in gravitas. Is there anything that can be done?

Exactly - no gravitas. If you suggest a word with gravitas then I'll put it up there and you'll then be able to google that word instead.

I can't think of any words with gravitas... silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 12:53 am

Try 'gravitas' as a word
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for changing this place.
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next