Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Suggestions for changing this place.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:12 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

What does chunkier mean AT, in terms of websites ?

Text is bigger, controls larger, the fill of the screen is wider, it's a more substantial affair.

Oh right. So you prefer the old one or this one ?
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:23 am

I prefer this one myself except for one thing - unread threads don't show up on the portal now in blue anymore. I could live with it though it was very nice to see all the unread ones...
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:27 am

I'm so befuddled with interesting changes that its hard to tell, but I think this is probably easier to read.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:45 am

There is a trial version now installed on Silverpond of B2Evolution.

Give it a whizz.

http://silverpond.eu/machinenation/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:01 pm

I know it's a cliché MN but that's only because it's true. Welcome back.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

What does chunkier mean AT, in terms of websites ?

Text is bigger, controls larger, the fill of the screen is wider, it's a more substantial affair.

Oh right. So you prefer the old one or this one ?

The last one was a mite more readable, but I didn't like the fact that all threads looked the same on the portal page, regardless of whether a new post had been added. I like knowing what's new and blue!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:42 pm

* Blog All * Blog A * Blog B * Linkblog

ah interesting
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:33 am

Oh, I had forgotten I had posted the link to the test. Rolling Eyes I was wondering how Audi knew it was there. Ahhh the drink...

Have you come across that B2evolution software before ? I'm not quite sure what a linkblog is...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:05 pm

There's very little in the new MN Places section of the Portal page, where is the Boogie Box? Where is the Breakfast bar? Where is the Decontamination Chamber?

It'd look better with those added.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:26 pm

It's looking better, thanks lads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:44 am

What's with the Toyota thing Audi? We're not flogging out the title space for lucre yet, are we?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:37 am

Atticus wrote:
What's with the Toyota thing Audi? We're not flogging out the title space for lucre yet, are we?!
They sponsor the local rugby team and I'm celebrating passing my NCT yesterday. Hurray!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:53 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Atticus wrote:
They sponsor the local rugby team and I'm celebrating passing my NCT yesterday. Hurray!

If this is product placement we would at least expect a video of said local team driving up to the Sibín in their Toyota SUVs.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Ok I'll change it back then...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:20 pm

Is this our new weekend look - I'll just slip into my sarong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:31 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Is this our new weekend look - I'll just slip into my sarong
The weather has been just unbelievable so if you're stuck at a computer all day this is what West Clare looks like at my Auntie's house in Quilty so unfortunately for you you're missing another cracker.

This will be the weekend look once it's splitting the stones if it's toying badly with anyone's browser then I can change it rapido..

adios guapas y guapos
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Was the site broken just then ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Have you looked in Admin ? They've added some Widget panel near the Portal tab. It looks like we may be able to allow moderators to prick with the portal.

I may have pressed a button there too. - oops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 4:02 pm

When I edited my post in the teabag forum it came back as two separate posts. Then I couldn't get access to the individual fora. Bizarre......I blame the No vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 4:32 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
When I edited my post in the teabag forum it came back as two separate posts. Then I couldn't get access to the individual fora. Bizarre......I blame the No vote

We told ya so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 4:37 pm

riadach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

We told ya so.

I was listening to the Wolfe Tones on mae ipod when Barrosa warned about that... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:15 pm

The No voters have started to change everything and it will continue, make no mistake. First this forum get's an overhaul (it is a tool of La Nouvelle Resistance Francaise) then Ennis will be pedestrianised and after that Pat Kenny will be forced to make a better effort to have personality while on the Late Late.

By October the world will be about ready for the New European Treaty which we are secretly cooking up Underground Somewhere. Those of us with the keys around here want it to be called after a French battle between the Raysistawnz and the Nasties back then but I'll lobby hard for "The Kilshanny Accord".

Watch this space. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
The No voters have started to change everything and it will continue, make no mistake. First this forum get's an overhaul (it is a tool of La Nouvelle Resistance Francaise) then Ennis will be pedestrianised and after that Pat Kenny will be forced to make a better effort to have personality while on the Late Late.

By October the world will be about ready for the New European Treaty which we are secretly cooking up Underground Somewhere. Those of us with the keys around here want it to be called after a French battle between the Raysistawnz and the Nasties back then but I'll lobby hard for "The Kilshanny Accord".

Watch this space. Mad

"Entente Cordial du Cullybackey"?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:41 pm

It's broken again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:43 pm

It's broken again.

Somebody, I'm lookin at you here Audi, flicked the gravity switch again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for changing this place.   Suggestions for changing this place. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for changing this place.
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next