Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

A Favourite T-shirt

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Favourite T-shirt Empty
PostSubject: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm

Most summers I have a favourite t-shirt and no matter what the alternative distractions in the wardrobe find myself wearing it quite a lot.

This year it is a deep cherry red one with MAY DAY! NO LLEGO A FIN DE MES lxs percarixs se rebelan! on the front in white. It fits well, and makes me look as though I have more of a tan that I do, and makes my hair look fairer. Also, my husband bought it for me in Spain as a reminder that we met on the 1st of May.

Do other people have a favourite t-shirt (new or old) that makes them feel better looking, more intelligent, more comfortable, more street-wise, hilariously funny or in other way special? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 11:01 pm

I always feel self-conscious in a t-shirt. It never occured to me before now to wonder why that is. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 11:07 pm

Maybe you just haven't found the right one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 11:57 pm

905 wrote:
I always feel self-conscious in a t-shirt. It never occured to me before now to wonder why that is. scratch

As do I. I much rather long sleves. I have a favourite shirt (among the many) which I wear quite a lot. It was fierce expenisve and it's looking a bit tatty now but I can't afford to replace it with another like it. Not when I can but a fantastic Duchamp one for half the price.

I used to have quite a few sloganised t-shirts. I had one a few years back which had "I'm Single" in very colourful writing across the front and nice fluffy felt/velvet type stuff around it which people enjoyed feeling.
I also have a bright orange one which was sent to me as a gift from a band I like after I put a particularly gushing review of their new album on their website discussion forum.

And I have a Sigur Ros one which also has the velvety felty stuff on it which I enjoy playing with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:44 am

cookiemonster wrote:
905 wrote:

As do I. I much rather long sleves. I have a favourite shirt (among the many) which I wear quite a lot. It was fierce expenisve and it's looking a bit tatty now but I can't afford to replace it with another like it. Not when I can but a fantastic Duchamp one for half the price.

I used to have quite a few sloganised t-shirts. I had one a few years back which had "I'm Single" in very colourful writing across the front and nice fluffy felt/velvet type stuff around it which people enjoyed feeling.
I also have a bright orange one which was sent to me as a gift from a band I like after I put a particularly gushing review of their new album on their website discussion forum.

And I have a Sigur Ros one which also has the velvety felty stuff on it which I enjoy playing with.

Mm. If we include the whole 'cookiemonster' thing....you don't have 'furry' leanings, do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:47 am

ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
905 wrote:

Mm. If we include the whole 'cookiemonster' thing....you don't have 'furry' leanings, do you?

I once snogged a french girl...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:57 am

cookiemonster wrote:
ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
905 wrote:

I once snogged a french girl...

Phew. So to speak.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 12:03 pm

After much reflection, I think my favourite was one that said '1978 World Cup Argentina' that I wore non-stop back then. It was white with a cool picture of the world. I don't have a favourite now, they're all just t-shirts to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Favourite T-shirt   A Favourite T-shirt Empty

Back to top Go down

A Favourite T-shirt
Page 1 of 1