Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

3 Little Pigs.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 6:50 pm

Due to the time zone issue, we may well be in for a long wait. I'm going to take a nap Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:00 pm

It's like waiting for a new pope.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:05 pm

What are we waiting for again ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:17 pm

The story relates to my blog entry and I had hoped that Auditor would have moved it under the heading as I am unable to myself. It deals with what is known as Resonence and it begins with mirth, followed by amazement and ends in a worrying possibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:34 pm

youngdan wrote:
The story relates to my blog entry and I had hoped that Auditor would have moved it under the heading as I am unable to myself. It deals with what is known as Resonence and it begins with mirth, followed by amazement and ends in a worrying possibility.
Well done youngdan - one man keeping the blog dream alive. I'll only paste it if you vote on the books though Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:39 pm

youngdan wrote:

Quote :

youngdan, you are the Scheherezade of the unacceptable face of libertarianism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Thank you Auditor because that video is crucial to the story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:23 pm

3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 Tesla

I love you

For those of you who think this might be ufology or cuckoo clock stuff, Nikolai Tesla, the physicist mentioned (he was more of an electrician/scientist) is the father of modern electrical systems. He appeared already on our discussion about wind and without him we probably wouldn't have had our electricity network so quickly. So the entire planet's electricity network is based on his ideas. A unit of power and a device are also named after him in the vein of Watt or Amp.

He was very interested in the idea of resonance and the power of it and as we see here in the videos at the start of the thread, a strong breeze can collapse a bridge because of resonance, or badly managed resonance. The Millenium bridge in London had the same problem. With resonance, a skyscraper could be knocked down with a hammer once the right harmonic was found.

Tesla died discredited and a bitter individual and it's true that he had bizarre ideas like delivering electricity through the air and using electricity to create laser beams. He also profoundly disagreed with Einstein on what the fundamental principle behind gravity was and for this his anti-gravity notions are associated with crackpots and Unabomber type inventors deep in the woods.

There is no doubt however that he was a brilliant genius but almost forgotten now. However, an electric car bearing his surname might bring him back to life...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:26 pm

I am perplexed by this tangential thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:38 pm

A gravity thread would be good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:47 pm

Why are you perplexed Ard-Taoiseach, it is a well known children's story. It has been updated to include modern technology thats all. Did you prefer the old ending because we can have the pigs engage in economic warfare to keep the parallel going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:52 pm

youngdan wrote:
Why are you perplexed Ard-Taoiseach, it is a well known children's story. It has been updated to include modern technology thats all. Did you prefer the old ending because we can have the pigs engage in economic warfare to keep the parallel going.

Your OP made sense, but the rest of the thread seemed to wander into the realm bizarre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:54 pm

Have you watched the videos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:55 pm

youngdan wrote:
Have you watched the videos

I'm listening to the News Quiz on BBC Radio at the moment, but I'll have a look at them later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

youngdan/scheherezade posted his first thread this morning with a dodgy link. The children have been waiting all day for the next part of the story. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:00 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

youngdan/scheherezade posted his first thread this morning with a dodgy link. The children have been waiting all day for the next part of the story. bounce bounce bounce

I see. Thanks for the clarification, cactus! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:35 pm

Even after finding out who Scheherezade was I still picture you and Kate pulling the plough in the Stalinist paradise. If Orwell can write Animal Farm I can talk about the 3 Little Pigs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:42 pm

youngdan wrote:
Even after finding out who Scheherezade was I still picture you and Kate pulling the plough in the Stalinist paradise. If Orwell can write Animal Farm I can talk about the 3 Little Pigs.

Riiight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:47 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:53 pm

youngdan wrote:

It was expatgirl and me with the horses. We trained the local retired Gard to do it for us.

3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 2839_team_with_plow_270
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:15 pm

I want to take it further and get rid of the horses. Kate can have a tractor seeing that she did not call for a stalinist 5 year plan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:22 pm

youngdan wrote:
I want to take it further and get rid of the horses. Kate can have a tractor seeing that she did not call for a stalinist 5 year plan.

I suggest a Case CVX 140.

3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 Tbl_s25SeriesText%5CImage231%5C2297%5CH_H6E75004_H6E75005_H6E75042_H6E75048

(see this is what happens when you read the examiner)

Last edited by cookiemonster on Fri May 30, 2008 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:25 pm

youngdan wrote:

I think you might be looking for this thread youngdan - horse drawn food production right this way......

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/economy-business-and-finance-f8/food-watch-t132-75.htm#17973
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2008 12:45 am

I'm strictly a John Deere woman, youngdan. I spit on Case International.

Phut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Little Pigs.   3 Little Pigs. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

3 Little Pigs.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next