Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Eurovision Heckle

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:05 pm

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Is it on already ?

Boo Hiss Cluck Cluck
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:26 pm

Israel had a belter - one to watch

San Marino was dull Sleep

Belgium next
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:27 pm

Its a singing mint humbug.
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:31 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Is it on already ?

Boo Hiss Cluck Cluck

Its the semi-finals

Dustin as to sing for a place at the starting line.
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:35 pm

Azerjaban - the Azeris did good - heaven and hell theme with blood and white feathers.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:43 pm

Dustin on tonight, I thought he was on Thursday ?
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Dustin on tonight, I thought he was on Thursday ?

He has to get onto the short list.

Norway was cracking, lovely hefty blonde girl with a throaty voice.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:47 pm

We're on 11th. Thats 2 more I think

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/first-semi-final-2008
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:49 pm

Well it's lively anyway...

Did I hear loads of booing there at the end ?
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:54 pm

affraid lol!

Says is all.
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Is there online tv of it?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Is there online tv of it?

Try eurovision.tv
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:19 pm

The Finns clearly hoping lightening will strike twice.

Bosnia and Herzgovina's one was different... sort of prog-rock gone pop...
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 12:36 am

The turkey is dead in the water. affraid
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:33 am

I thought an awful lot of songs had background music which was ripping off other, popular and famous songs. I was watching it with a friend who is in a band and he agreed and was able to name most of the songs - can't recall them now.

Dustin was lacking in pyrotechnics. If you are going to try a puppet on stage you need to have something memorable, like the stage lift up or fireworks or something. You can't just have guys dancing around topless with inflatable Irish hammers and expect to get anywhere.
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:38 am

I can't believe it. All those Eastern European countries keep voting for ecah others' variations on the same nauseating Euro-pop which is entirely lacking in musical merit.

It is an absolute travesty that an actual original like Dustin could be so roundly rejected like this. It illustrates the bland, soulless nature of the Eurovision for all to see.

I've given up on the whole thing and if I'm sure of one thing, I won't be watching the same triumph of the tawdry on Saturday night.

Listening to the wail of a house alarm would be more euphonious than this over-blown exercise in excretable effluent.
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:39 am

I love Europop!
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:40 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I love Europop!

Don't make me hurt you...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:40 am

Ill not watch it either. Might wander down to the Sibin and spend some of that 500 quid some kind benefactor left on the bar. Wink
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:41 am

Europop may be fun, but the Eurovision is certainly well beyond its sell by date. I was watching the 'documentary' about Dustin before the programme came on and on it were clips of the Eurovision of old. I am not one for nostalgia or lack of progress. However, the Eurovision of the past held a bit of class, and good production, which is now entirely lacking.

That combined with the text voting has been its downfall.
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:42 am

Ill not watch it either. Might wander down to the Sibin and spend some of that 500 quid some kind benefactor left on the bar. Wink

Have 5 grand. I'm in a reckless mood tonight.
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:46 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
I love Europop!

Don't make me hurt you...

I do. I have a massive collection of Europop in my music collection. The Germans do it well. Nothing beats the Moldovans though!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:48 am

5 grand ? I'll have a Creme de Menthe head on me Guinness so.
Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:49 am

Well, apart from the Soviet Army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eurovision Heckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eurovision Heckle   Eurovision Heckle Empty

Back to top Go down

Eurovision Heckle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next