Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash Empty
PostSubject: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:41 am

richard bruton, Neutral jim power, geek nell mccafferty drunken and mary hanafin queen

Hanafin is rightly saying that people just don't want to buy bad debt, no matter how the package is tweaked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 12:52 am

Who's your man, Brain Mooney ?? He thinks we are in a good place with such a low debt-GDP ratio for a long time but we have an enormous personal debt burden that we never had before either.

And rakes of that is in houses making us a very diverse, flexible, adaptable economy yeah right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:03 am

Gawd almightly

Bruton is in command - so is Power

Nell is pissed and Hanafin is totally and utterly out of her depth - her mission is to confuse and bullshit - absolutely pathetic and is so totally symptomatic of Fianna Fail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:07 am

Edo wrote:
Gawd almightly

Nell is pissed and Hanafin is totally and utterly out of her depth - her mission is to confuse and bullshit - absolutely pathetic and is so totally symptomatic of Fianna Fail.
Right on, brother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:10 am

tonys wrote:
Edo wrote:
Gawd almightly

Right on, brother.

Sorry Bud - but for fecks sake Hanafin? - are yis mad - she is being crucified - despite being as protected as she is by Bowman - it is embarrasing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:14 am

Edo wrote:
tonys wrote:
Edo wrote:
Gawd almightly

Right on, brother.

Sorry Bud - but for fecks sake Hanafin? - are yis mad - she is being crucified - despite being as protected as she is by Bowman - it is embarrasing.
Beauty, they say is....or is that love?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:16 am

Hanafin looks way out of her depth. Nell is talking the most sense and that's not saying there is sense being talked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:16 am

O God I felt a gag in the throat coming on when Hanafin told us that it was all Wall Street's fault that we're in deficit by 8 billion and in need of shit-proof paddles. And when Bowman turned to her and said "Bruton's economic analysis all those years turns out to have been worth heeding" and she replied "No, anyway that wasn't the question."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:19 am

Is Nell McCafferty drunk?
She seems like she could be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:22 am

The only significant thing said by anyone so far was by Bruton the lesser when he said he was available, very statesmanlike, although whether to help with an economic plan or for a job in FG I’m still not sure, any thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:31 am

tonys wrote:
The only significant thing said by anyone so far was by Bruton the lesser when he said he was available, very statesmanlike, although whether to help with an economic plan or for a job in FG I’m still not sure, any thoughts?
Did anyone else hear that? I was under the impression that FG had no interest in a Tallaght Strategy Part II ... or do you think he was referring to Enda's job?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:34 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Did anyone else hear that? I was under the impression that FG had no interest in a Tallaght Strategy Part II ... or do you think he was referring to Enda's job?
Yes, a bit of a change from last week, but cometh the hour, cometh the man (for FG) maybe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:40 am

tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Yes, a bit of a change from last week, but cometh the hour, cometh the man (for FG) maybe.

But FF doesn't need FG does it? FF are in control - what would they need FG for? There will be seriously bad times ahead now but FF can get us through it and back into surplus in a year or two can't they?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:49 am

Yeh Nell was sauced up alright. She wrecks me head that one.

What's all this shite from Hanafin about getting the first warning signs in July ? There was a thread on P.ie about 18 months ago about warning signs. Internet posters knew, but the Govt. didn't ? What utter bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:13 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:

But FF doesn't need FG does it? FF are in control - what would they need FG for? There will be seriously bad times ahead now but FF can get us through it and back into surplus in a year or two can't they?
Well, stormy seas, I don’t know how good he would be at the pumps but Richard got more than his share of the family brains and that’s always useful. Right now I’d be in favour of using all the sound heads we have at our disposal, we can worry about who gets the credit later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:16 am

Honest gov. it is all the fault of the Greens. Everything was fine until they entered government.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:53 am

tonys wrote:
Well, stormy seas, I don’t know how good he would be at the pumps but Richard got more than his share of the family brains and that’s always useful. Right now I’d be in favour of using all the sound heads we have at our disposal, we can worry about who gets the credit later.
Here's one for you - wouldn't it be wise to start limiting junkets and helicopter rides to here and there and all that FROM TODAY? The public are seeing this junket thing more and more in the papers and I wouldn't be surprised if FF don't get a serious pasting from this. Seriously, people are losing their jobs (in teaching), their places in CE schemes, their LIVES and meanwhile Fás treat themselves to €12k of a junket weekend to address the mess - they ARE the mess - or part of it. Much more of this and you might be asking FG to protect you from the pitchforks Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:29 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Much more of this and you might be asking FG to protect you from the pitchforks Wink
As far as I know FG own all the pitchforks, they just haven’t worked out which is the business end yet, but as you say you never know, if they still have the shirts suitable for a bit of security work they might come in useful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:51 am

One would assume was Richard was doing in saying "I am available", is upping the pressure on the Government in the public opinion stakes. Any offer would obviously be rejected. However, with public opinion heading the way it probably is people might be asking "Why should it be rejected".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 am

It is patently obvious that the Government doesn't know what it is doing and that FG has no more idea. The idea of taking advice from David McWilliams is terrifying (look at his cv).

There is a need for them to call in a few sensible heads, including some from Sweden, who managed their property bust there well.

They also need to come out of hiding and debate the economy in the Dail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:33 pm

I was impressed by Richard Bruton last night and this morning. I think he knew banks were going to have to be bailed out last night or face bankruptcy so he sent the message to Government that FG supported swift and drastic actionl.

I thought Jim Power did a serious job on Hannafin when he attacked her on the long term outlook for the economy. Her debating technique of reeling off the names of small individual successes was obliterated by the "let's talk brass tacks" attitude of Power. I was a fan of Hannafin and admired her courage in stepping up to the plate in difficult circumstances but I think she needs to be a bit more discerning about what she is competent to talk about. Pat Carey would have been better.

Nell was off the wall but her central point that they didn't know jack and that nobody had made a hue and cry over regulatory issues over the last few years because they didn't know their arse from their elbow was correct. The point that the Hedge funds were goin gto have to redeem shares the next day was pertinent and it was funny how Power did not address it. I suppose they did not want to stoke the fire if Nell was right - a conspiracy of silence is never a good sign! Is it possible that probable hedge fund sell offs made the Governments early morning move inevitable? I was a bit disappointed with Nell though - a bit off colour in my book.

As a matter of interest, would better regulation in this country have had us sitting pretty at this stage or would we still have been subject to the vagaries of the rest of Europe's banks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
I was impressed by Richard Bruton last night and this morning. I think he knew banks were going to have to be bailed out last night or face bankruptcy so he sent the message to Government that FG supported swift and drastic actionl.

I thought Jim Power did a serious job on Hannafin when he attacked her on the long term outlook for the economy. Her debating technique of reeling off the names of small individual successes was obliterated by the "let's talk brass tacks" attitude of Power. I was a fan of Hannafin and admired her courage in stepping up to the plate in difficult circumstances but I think she needs to be a bit more discerning about what she is competent to talk about. Pat Carey would have been better.

Nell was off the wall but her central point that they didn't know jack and that nobody had made a hue and cry over regulatory issues over the last few years because they didn't know their arse from their elbow was correct. The point that the Hedge funds were goin gto have to redeem shares the next day was pertinent and it was funny how Power did not address it. I suppose they did not want to stoke the fire if Nell was right - a conspiracy of silence is never a good sign! Is it possible that probable hedge fund sell offs made the Governments early morning move inevitable? I was a bit disappointed with Nell though - a bit off colour in my book.

As a matter of interest, would better regulation in this country have had us sitting pretty at this stage or would we still have been subject to the vagaries of the rest of Europe's banks?

well, the contagion has spread to almost all financial institutions (no doubt some geek will google it and discover that the 3rd biggest bank in moldova or someone else has made gains over the last few months).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

Here's one for you - wouldn't it be wise to start limiting junkets and helicopter rides to here and there and all that FROM TODAY? The public are seeing this junket thing more and more in the papers and I wouldn't be surprised if FF don't get a serious pasting from this. Seriously, people are losing their jobs (in teaching), their places in CE schemes, their LIVES and meanwhile Fás treat themselves to €12k of a junket weekend to address the mess - they ARE the mess - or part of it. Much more of this and you might be asking FG to protect you from the pitchforks Wink
In teaching? Really? I doubt the patron saint of teachers would have stood for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:52 pm

AfricanDave wrote:
Is Nell McCafferty drunk?
She seems like she could be.
She always is.

cactus flower wrote:
It is patently obvious that the Government doesn't know what it is doing and that FG has no more idea. The idea of taking advice from David McWilliams is terrifying (look at his cv).

There is a need for them to call in a few sensible heads, including some from Sweden, who managed their property bust there well.

They also need to come out of hiding and debate the economy in the Dail.
There was a UCD economist on Prime Time last night talking about the precedent which Sweden has set, and how we shouldn't be offering the current guarantee, but should be following their lead instead. (Some banks should fail was his general point.) He compared our current trajectory with Finland in the 80s, which didn't end too well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Yes. That was Professor Morgan Kelly of UCD. I sensed he could scarcely beleive the stupidity of Brendan Keenan from the Indo!
Prof Kelly has been pointing out that the Emporer is bollock naked for at least 2 years now, but what the fuck would he know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next