Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:29 pm

coc wrote:
Yes. That was Professor Morgan Kelly of UCD. I sensed he could scarcely beleive the stupidity of Brendan Keenan from the Indo!
Prof Kelly has been pointing out that the Emporer is bollock naked for at least 2 years now, but what the fuck would he know?

It was Morgan Kelly that gave us the line 'We are building houses for the people that build houses' in a paper last year on the property boom.
I used to get very angry last year before the election, when after reading the likes of Prof. Kelly, I'd hear Ahern/Cowen on the radio spouting the exact opposite. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:05 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
coc wrote:
Yes. That was Professor Morgan Kelly of UCD. I sensed he could scarcely beleive the stupidity of Brendan Keenan from the Indo!
Prof Kelly has been pointing out that the Emporer is bollock naked for at least 2 years now, but what the fuck would he know?

It was Morgan Kelly that gave us the line 'We are building houses for the people that build houses' in a paper last year on the property boom.
I used to get very angry last year before the election, when after reading the likes of Prof. Kelly, I'd hear Ahern/Cowen on the radio spouting the exact opposite. Evil or Very Mad

He seemed very intense, is he a red?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:20 pm

tonys wrote:
coc wrote:

i was just thinking, did the good professor expect the builders and their families to live in tents or maybe in hotels?
you know, builders are people too, and deserve to be allowed to live in houses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:06 pm

zakalwe wrote:
tonys wrote:
coc wrote:

i was just thinking, did the good professor expect the builders and their families to live in tents or maybe in hotels?
you know, builders are people too, and deserve to be allowed to live in houses.
I interpreted the line as meaning that the only interests served by building more houses are those of the people being paid to build more houses.

I didn't catch any of the names; was Brendan Keenan the one who kept on smirking? Apart from the fact that he sounded like an idiot, he gave the impression of being like Dr. Hibbert from the Simpsons: taking great amusement from the misfortune of the entire country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:52 am

bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:54 am

Joe Duffy tried to start a run on the banks we're told, and failed.
This lot may do better.

The Pension Fund is gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:08 am

"A national wage agreement in a climate where the national debt is going to double is ludicrous - the lunatics are running the asylum" - Gerry McCaughy (?)

That Green Entrepreneur is after giving David Begg a fair whacking, indeed the whole public sector - "you throw money at it and it disappears". Some of it can be measured, it's true, but money definitely does disappear into the public sector.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 am

FF man Andrews gatting a bashing. 5 years too late.

Leo Rocks. !

Did that Andrews gobshite say our public service was the economic engine ? FFS..

I'm in a hanging mood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:16 am

Why would a Sovereign Wealth Fund want to bail out our banks?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:18 am

In todays IT - 220 civil servants received > €3 Million in bonus payments last year. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:20 am

In todays IT - 220 civil servants received > €3 Million in bonus payments last year. Evil or Very Mad

I can't understand why bench marking is only supposed to work vertically.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:20 am

cactus flower wrote:
Why would a Sovereign Wealth Fund want to bail out our banks?

No idea. Never even heard of it.

If 1 Euro of my money goes towards those banks for re-capitalisation, I want their CEOs and chairpersons jobs in the paper. No buts. The regulator should be gone already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:21 am

FF man Andrews gatting a bashing. 5 years too late.

Leo Rocks. !

Did that Andrews gobshite say our public service was the economic engine ? FFS..

I'm in a hanging mood.

Laughing I hope he didn't say that !

Varadkar is mighty, he's jumping around the place - he's in a hangin' mood too.

We need a hangin' song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 am

If 1 Euro of my money goes towards those banks for re-capitalisation, I want their CEOs and chairpersons jobs in the paper. No buts. The regulator should be gone already.
You'll have to apply for it under FOI - cost you a fortune. You're under some illusion we're all living in a democracy - it's more of a monetocracy.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:31 am

Yeh we do need a hangin' song.
Especially for tomorrow when the swines cut my child benefit to get the builders out of hock.

Hang'em high.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 am

WooHoo. EvotingMachines got a mention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:36 am

Especially for tomorrow when the swines cut my child benefit to get the builders out of hock.

Hang'em high.

No. Hit them where it would really hurt. Bring the CAB in. Or perhaps it should be the FAB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 am

Hang'em high.
That's what's going to happen - builders out of hock, not hanging, unfortunately. A bubble inflated, tons of people had no choice but to buy overpriced houses, in a market that was poked and stoked to the benefit of builders and bankers. At least your children don't go to school to a prefab.

Unleash CAB and a horder of vicious Auditors on them. Hang the regulator first.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:46 am

Well, it could be a bizarre day, bearing in mind the budget needs a Dáil majority to be passed, which it probably will be, but a few back-bench/green cannons could get loose in the mayhem. In which case collapsed Dáil or ........no, FG don't want power just now so scratch that.

Is there a budget thread ? Are we going to use the Axe one ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:48 am

Well, it could be a bizarre day, bearing in mind the budget needs a Dáil majority to be passed, which it probably will be, but a few back-bench/green cannons could get loose in the mayhem. In which case collapsed Dáil or ........no, FG don't want power just now so scratch that.

No - the Axe is dedicated to cuts Sad

We need a budget thread.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:54 am

cactus flower wrote:

We need a budget thread.

We need a New Word thread too. I said to myself a few months ago, during a particularly harrowing conversation, that if my (the first me) contempt for this government got any worse, I (the second me) would have to invent a new word to describe it. The time has come.
Both mes are in agreement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 am

cactus flower wrote:

We need a budget thread.

We need a New Word thread too. I said to myself a few months ago, during a particularly harrowing conversation, that if my (the first me) contempt for this government got any worse, I (the second me) would have to invent a new word to describe it. The time has come.
Both mes are in agreement.

Work away then EVM Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:53 pm

Any ideas who's on Q&A tonight ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 pm

Eamon Gilmore, Willie O'Dea, Dermot MacDiarmuid; Alan McQuaid (Stockbroker) and Niamh Hourigan (Sociology Lecturer, UCC)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:57 pm

I wonder what the thinking behind continuously putting Willie O'Dea on is. How many times will he remind us that he is a solicitor, an accountant and an all round very qualified person?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash   Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers Heckle - The Crash
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next