Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Men's stuff

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Men's stuff - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:51 pm

Ya don't get rich spendin'!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:53 pm

johnfás wrote:
Ya don't get rich spendin'!

Indeed not, conservatism is the best strategy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
That oil is a cod - you have to memorize every square inch you have shaved. Foam provides a handy diagram.

My shopping generally comes to about a grand when I decide to do a full sweep on the the toiletries. Aftershave balm, antiperspirant, shave foam, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, blades, shampoo, conditioner, body moisturiser, facial moisturiser, shower gel, soap. That is before I purchase the Armani/JPG/Dior hardcore scents of seduction.

Time for a dirty protest at Tescos?

You need to cut down zhou - this is more or less all you need ...

Men's stuff - Page 2 Lifebuoy_big
It's a pity you can't brush your teeth with it as well but I have washed floorboards with it. If you use it often enough it also doubles as deoderant..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:01 pm

What if one, shallowly, is into pretty girls?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:

Era, I fell for that one as well.... buy more products they said, invest in your skin they said, men's care they said. Got nowhere particularly further so I'm happy now with my monthly wash and yearly shave. Soap comes as birthday presents as well, and I haven't looked back since (except to see the pretty girls in the distance.... always in a distance.....)

Úsáidim Mach 3 agus cúr nó glóthach... is dócha gur fearr liom an glóthach.. ach is cuma liom i ndáiríre. Tá ceann leictreach agam freisin, ach de déir dealramh, tugann sé breis coinleach dom ná cad a bhí ann roimhe Rolling Eyes

cúr=foam, glóthach=gel, is cuma liom=I don't care, ceann leictreach=an electric one, coinleach=stubble
(nílim ró-chinnte fúthú thuas.. I'm not fully sure of the above! Embarassed )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:38 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:

I recommend being handsome. Cleanliness is still quite far from Greek godliness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:25 am

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
I thought the girls went for good dancers (confidence) now you're saying you have to smell nice too? What next? I thought BO was someway attractive to women - maybe not. Aren't women super-detectors of whether a man is a good provider or not and they only really go for men who can feather a nest and father a nest and then forage for the bacon consistently until the chicks are big enough and ugly enough to attempt suicide? (i.e. jump out of nest). Is cleanliness supposed to be an outward sign that a man is a good example of this? I sincerely hope not.

BuachaillBeo wrote:
Úsáidim Mach 3 agus cúr nó glóthach... is dócha gur fearr liom an glóthach.. ach is cuma liom i ndáiríre. Tá ceann leictreach agam freisin, ach de déir dealramh, tugann sé breis coinleach dom ná cad a bhí ann roimhe Rolling Eyes

cúr=foam, glóthach=gel, is cuma liom=I don't care, ceann leictreach=an electric one, coinleach=stubble
(nílim ró-chinnte fúthú thuas.. I'm not fully sure of the above! Embarassed )
Go raibh maith agat. Céard is brí le "de déir dealramh"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 2:35 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Go raibh maith agat. Céard is brí le "de déir dealramh"?
níl aon brí le de déir.... 'typo' atá i gceist.. tá brón orm Embarassed ach!....

de réir = according to
dealramh = appearance

mar sin, de réir dealramh - according to appearance, it would seem, apparently... agus mar sin de Smile

(is maith liom "agus mar sin de" freisin... is é an brí leis sin ná "and so on..." it gives sentences more depth and makes them fuller i mo thuairim Very Happy)

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
That oil is a cod - you have to memorize every square inch you have shaved. Foam provides a handy diagram.
Can't you just tell based on what parts of your face the hair is gone from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:09 pm

TheBear wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:

Not that easy when you like to keep your face clear of stubble, rather than growing a manly beard and shaving it off once in a while. It is so annoying when you finish up and then discover the tiniest patch of stubble that you have to go back and get rid of!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:26 pm

johnfás wrote:
TheBear wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:

Not that easy when you like to keep your face clear of stubble, rather than growing a manly beard and shaving it off once in a while. It is so annoying when you finish up and then discover the tiniest patch of stubble that you have to go back and get rid of!

Exactly. The stubble can hide amongst the shaven but visible hairs (the Homer shadow). The small bit of stubble is usually to be discovered by rubbing the face before drying it. The oil leaves more bristly patches in my experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
I thought the girls went for good dancers (confidence) now you're saying you have to smell nice too? What next? I thought BO was someway attractive to women - maybe not. Aren't women super-detectors of whether a man is a good provider or not and they only really go for men who can feather a nest and father a nest and then forage for the bacon consistently until the chicks are big enough and ugly enough to attempt suicide? (i.e. jump out of nest). Is cleanliness supposed to be an outward sign that a man is a good example of this? I sincerely hope not.

Just buy them and it's much simpler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Men's stuff   Men's stuff - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Men's stuff
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2