Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage

Sign your name here ... - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi, nice to be here. Smile Is the cuppa still on offer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Sign your name here ... - Page 32 _40322003_tea
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Welcome candide. Bring any biscuits ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Welcome candide, make yourself feel right at home. If you would like anything other than coffee we can whip most things up for you!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:44 pm

Brought some nice amaretti from TK Maxx. Fortnum and Masons for the recession y'know.

A Barry's moment I think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:38 am

candide wrote:
Brought some nice amaretti from TK Maxx. Fortnum and Masons for the recession y'know.

A Barry's moment I think?

Hope the tea was the way you like it. Are you fond of Voltaire?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:44 am

Anyone for one of these. It's been a long day trading to nobody on Galway market.
Sign your name here ... - Page 32 Jagerm10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:45 am

Nooooooooooo get it away!!! Makes me ill!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:46 am

Ah go on go on go on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:47 am

pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:55 am

Are ye feeling ill yet? How about a bit of this instead.....
Sign your name here ... - Page 32 Sambuc10

Owwwwwww......yee ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 2:10 am

Cactus flower wrote:

'Hope the tea was the way you like it. Are you fond of Voltaire?'

Hi Cactus flower. An honour to be adressed by you and thank you for the tea.

It's a long time since I read Candide but in this post-tulipmania depression it seems that optimism (and especially the loss of it) has meanings even Voltaire didn't imagine. We clearly don't live in 'the best of all possible worlds', (what about Anglo-Irish!!) so maybe Candide's conclusion that we must cultivate our garden makes some vague sense to a range of political persuasions. I might have chosen the David McWilliams descriptor of Disappointed in Denver (if memory serves.. that is those of us who dreamt of Denmark and woke up in Denver). I see that other folk are about to get ossified here. In search of a little temporary chemically induced optimism maybe? Think I'll have a glasheen myself then.

Enjoying the debates on site. Well done to all of you who set it up and keep it going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 2:49 am

candide wrote:
Cactus flower wrote:

'Hope the tea was the way you like it. Are you fond of Voltaire?'

Hi Cactus flower. An honour to be adressed by you and thank you for the tea.

It's a long time since I read Candide but in this post-tulipmania depression it seems that optimism (and especially the loss of it) has meanings even Voltaire didn't imagine. We clearly don't live in 'the best of all possible worlds', (what about Anglo-Irish!!) so maybe Candide's conclusion that we must cultivate our garden makes some vague sense to a range of political persuasions. I might have chosen the David McWilliams descriptor of Disappointed in Denver (if memory serves.. that is those of us who dreamt of Denmark and woke up in Denver). I see that other folk are about to get ossified here. In search of a little temporary chemically induced optimism maybe? Think I'll have a glasheen myself then.

Enjoying the debates on site. Well done to all of you who set it up and keep it going.

I return to Candide every few years and each time find it both hilariously funny, and a deeply satisfying commentary on life (albeit my preference is for engagement rather than total pastoral retreat). The name Candide has the most pleasant
associations for me. I'm glad you're enjoying the Site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:37 am

ibis wrote:
shutuplaura wrote:
Hi, I've posted a few times on this site already but I thought I'd say hello everyone here. Anyone got barry's? I'm gasping for a decent cuppa.

Silver service!

Sign your name here ... - Page 32 Barrys_tea

Or self-service:

Sign your name here ... - Page 32 520103

Ah thats the stuff!! Many thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:12 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 32 WEB_CJW000001577

Cuppa Draiocht23 ?

Welcome to MN. Put your feet up and make yourself at home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:26 am

cactus flower wrote:
Sign your name here ... - Page 32 WEB_CJW000001577

Cuppa Draiocht23 ?

Welcome to MN. Put your feet up and make yourself at home.

Why thank you. But being from Kark - it'll have to be Barrys...or Beamish, for as long as it lasts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:33 am

The Beamish you might find over at the Síbin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:37 am

Free Beamish in the sibin, Ard Taoiseach put two billion into the kitty there one night - no end to it either and it's better than Beamish at Beamish and Crawford.

Which Cork are you from ? Cork East, West North, south or the city or are there more corks than those ?

You don't have to answer that I was just trying desperately to relate it to the numberplate of my car - CE - but failed.

The number of Monaghan is MN. Now fer ya Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:40 am

I'm from Kark city...but alas and alak, I'm an exile...heading home tomorrow though.

And, to be honest, I actually hate the stuff, but I'll have to drink it now - until it's
destroyed - just to be patriotic, and so I can complain even more when
it's taken over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:42 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Free Beamish in the sibin, Ard Taoiseach put two billion into the kitty there one night - no end to it either and it's better than Beamish at Beamish and Crawford.

Yep. I'm the Governor of the Central Bank of Machine Nation and I am happy to underwrite the general happiness of my fellow citizenry. The monetary stimulus of an Sibín Reoite has ensured that economic growth on a quarterly basis remains above 1%.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:49 am

Keep those Euros pouring in over the next week Ard-T. Heading over your way this week and any extra available in the Sibin will be very welcome, especially for a refugee from stg land.
Why, Enniskillen and Newry have made top-ish of the BBC R4 news today / yesterday.

(I still think shutuplaura is so a wonderful name - fab! )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:52 am

Atticus wrote:
Keep those Euros pouring in over the next week Ard-T. Heading over your way this week and any extra available in the Sibin will be very welcome, especially for a refugee from stg land.
Why, Enniskillen and Newry have made top-ish of the BBC R4 news today / yesterday.

(I still think shutuplaura is so a wonderful name - fab! )

Well the Minaudi is the currency of Machine Nation and at the moment the spot rate is 1.42254 pounds sterling for 1 Minaudi and I can offer you that so that you can spend your cash here as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:10 am

How could I have forgotten the Minaudi? Am so sorry.

Was reading about the Sesterce (again spelling, sorry, that time of year!) yesterday. And this morning gauging stg against the zloty. Maybe SlimBuddha is right, this Forex stuff is quite a thrill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:14 am

Atticus wrote:
How could I have forgotten the Minaudi? Am so sorry.

No it's fine. Our economy is still booming but, thanks to the conservative approach taken by us central bankers, the inflation rate has been below 2% since the turn of the century so you'll get a good deal for your money here whatever the exchange rate.

Quote :
Was reading about the Sesterce (again spelling, sorry, that time of year!) yesterday. And this morning gauging stg against the zloty. Maybe SlimBuddha is right, this Forex stuff is quite a thrill.

Yes, forex is a thrill and yes, you did spell that right. The Romans did have Europe's first common currency zone and their economy profited immensely from that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 32 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next