Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar   The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:48 pm

The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar - Page 3 P9060510This was Dun Laoghaire earlier this week...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar   The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 12:24 pm

Just looking at that picture makes me want to go back there again...

And I'd have freshly roast chicken with a little salt and black pepper in a sandwich for breakfast any day Audi, over microwaved pizza.

Thursday and Friday of this week I happened to have breakfast in hotels. On Thursday, I almost cried (really) into my powdered scrambled egg. Why do hotels/restaurants do that? It's a crime against the humble but magnificent egg. There's no point in complaining - anyplace that would serve such filth just doesn't get it.

Yesterday I was at a big breakfast gathering and stuck to fruit and croissants while those around me scoffed wrinkly sausages and salty rashers. If someone could explain to me the attraction of the full Irish/Ulster/English breakfast, I'm (sort of) open to persuasion. It's a flavourless heart-attack on a plate as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar   The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Local black pudding, egg and mushrooms in a little roll this morning: mm Razz
The sea looks good Kate P.

A boiled egg is usually safe in hotels Kate, but for some strange reason they are not able to serve one bolied egg on its own, no matter how clearly requested it is always two. I wonder what happens to all the left over ones?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar   The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Kate P wrote:
Just looking at that picture makes me want to go back there again...

And I'd have freshly roast chicken with a little salt and black pepper in a sandwich for breakfast any day Audi, over microwaved pizza.

Thursday and Friday of this week I happened to have breakfast in hotels. On Thursday, I almost cried (really) into my powdered scrambled egg. Why do hotels/restaurants do that? It's a crime against the humble but magnificent egg. There's no point in complaining - anyplace that would serve such filth just doesn't get it.

Yesterday I was at a big breakfast gathering and stuck to fruit and croissants while those around me scoffed wrinkly sausages and salty rashers. If someone could explain to me the attraction of the full Irish/Ulster/English breakfast, I'm (sort of) open to persuasion. It's a flavourless heart-attack on a plate as far as I'm concerned.
No, no, no, deary me, you cannot surely have overlooked the pleasures of dipping a piece of sausage in the soft yoke of a fried egg of a glorious morning.
Agree with you on the powered egg, a crime against everything a chicken stands for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar   The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Doolin Pier Breakfast Bar
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Places-
Jump to: