Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

This just isn't my week.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

This just isn't my week. Empty
PostSubject: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:20 am

They say bad luck comes in threes, well this week I've had the first two. What's next?

It's no wonder people turn to drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:23 am

Maybe turning to the drink would be number three. Personally I can see an up side to it, and if it fills the gap of bad luck number three, then all the better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:26 am

Maybe you have no mass in it but there's a new moon coming up - and there is the thing of biorhythms which I sometimes put some faith in (3 c. 30-day biological cycles like universal menstrual cycle ...)

It passes - whatever it is. Give time time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:27 am

I'd only have to deal with a hangover in work tomorrow which in itself is another growing problem. I quess not getting the job I've applied for would be an apt number three.

On Saturday my Granny had a massive stroke and now she's in hospital, we're just waiting for the next one.

About 20 min ago I fell in the bathroom and appear to have done some serious damage to my foot which is now twice it's normal size.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:27 am

This just isn't my week. Shamrock

Sorry Cookie - I was a bit too late with this. Sounds like an AE job.
Which bit of your foot is swelling?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:30 am

delete.

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:31 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I'd only have to deal with a hangover in work tomorrow which in itself is another growing problem. I quess not getting the job I've applied for would be an apt number three.

On Saturday my Granny had a massive stroke and now she's in hospital, we're just waiting for the next one.

About 20 min ago I fell in the bathroom and appear to have done some serious damage to my foot which is now twice it's normal size.

Well, it might not happen. She just needs to be observed closely from now on, there is no guarantee she'll get another one anytime soon. My grandmother suffered three strokes in rapid succession yet managed to live for another 7 years. She died from something completely unrelated. All the same, I wish her a speedy recovery.

As for your foot, ice will do and keep your weight off it.

Last edited by riadach on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Oh God, I'll pray for her and keep her in my thoughts.

Quote :

You probably need to get down to A and E. I hope it doesn't get too bad. You'll have to keep it elevated and get plenty of physio once it's sorted out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:34 am

cactus flower wrote:

The top/left side of my left foot is where the massive purple bruise is but it's swelling all over now. I dunno what happened, I didn't slip, I seem to have just lost all support in my left leg for a moment and down I went onto the cold hard marble floor. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 am

Cheers, AT, I appreciate that.

As for my foot, some ice and a wait and see policy. I don't have the option of an A&E visit right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

The top/left side of my left foot is where the massive purple bruise is but it's swelling all over now. I dunno what happened, I didn't slip, I seem to have just lost all support in my left leg for a moment and down I went onto the cold hard marble floor. 

Mmm...that sounds like a muscular problems. I'll be thinking of you and your family in this difficult time. I have found God to be a great support at times like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:41 am

cookiemonster wrote:

I also want to take the opportunity to apologise for the flippancy of my previous comments. I am telling the truth when I hadn't read your following posts. They're quite insensitive now that I think of it.

Quote :
As for my foot, some ice and a wait and see policy. I don't have the option of an A&E visit right now.

Ice should do it, I hope you'll be alright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:43 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I also want to take the opportunity to apologise for the flippancy of my previous comments. I am telling the truth when I hadn't read your following posts. They're quite insensitive now that I think of it.

No need. I know you're an awful git anyway. Wink

Quote :

Quote :

Ice should do it, I hope you'll be alright.

I've no peas, i'm using a bag of frozen sprouts. Hey, at least they are being put to some use, i think they've been in the freezer since christmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:44 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Do you have Caredoc where you are? It operates at night. You ring a nurse and tell her your symptoms and she may either send a doc out or suggest and alternative. If you don't live in a Caredoc area, perhaps if you ring on your mobile nurse won't know..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:45 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:49 am

I was on to the VHI nurse, she advised Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Whish is only of use if it's muscle damage and I don't think it is.

Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:50 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I was on to the VHI nurse, she advised Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Whish is only of use if it's muscle damage and I don't think it is.

Thanks anyway.

Is it a broken bone, cookiemonster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:53 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Thanks anyway.

Quite possibly. I've taken some tramadol so hopefully that will sort the pain out for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:54 am

Feet have a lot of little bones in them and I don't think they are very easy to set. Small toes are usually just taped together if the bones break.
Perhaps you could try the VHI nurses suggestions and try to get some rest: if it is up like a balloon in the morning off to A and E with you. Have you tried standing on it?

G'night CM I feel bad abandoning you, but have to drive in the morning early.
Hope all is better soon.

Last edited by cactus flower on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:56 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Thanks anyway.

Quite possibly. I've taken some tramadol so hopefully that will sort the pain out for now.

Yep, but tread carefully, The foot is a sensitive area in this matter. As CF says, its a place with loads of small bones that take quite some time to sort out. Will you need crutches and everything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:58 am

cactus flower wrote:
Feet have a lot of little bones in them and I don't think they are very easy to set. Small toes are usually just taped together if the bones break.
Perhaps you could try the VHI nurses suggestions and try to get some rest: if it is up like a balloon in the morning off to A and E with you. Have you tried standing on it?

I have rather strong bones as it is (benefits of growing up on a dairy farm) so there is hope it's not broken. I snapped off my little toe a few years back and as you say it was just taped to the other one and left. I can't bend it now! It will be tomorrow evening before I get to the A&E. I wonder would I be better going to one in town or here in Kildare?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:14 am

Uugh, this is a rather negative thread so to change that here are some happy words from The Kinks...

Quote :
Heres wishing you the bluest sky,
And hoping something better comes tomorrow.
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the doubt and sadness.
I know that better things are on the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:14 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

I have rather strong bones as it is (benefits of growing up on a dairy farm) so there is hope it's not broken. I snapped off my little toe a few years back and as you say it was just taped to the other one and left. I can't bend it now! It will be tomorrow evening before I get to the A&E. I wonder would I be better going to one in town or here in Kildare?

I don't know Kildare. St James is quite clean. Usually I support local myself.
You could check out rate my AEs...
If you are thinking of doing the ice thing, a packet of frozen peas wrapped up in a teacloth is the best treatment. Better luck for the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:19 am

cactus you are up very late tonight...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus you are up very late tonight...

So are you, if you've posted that!

Get well soon, cookiemonster!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This just isn't my week.   This just isn't my week. Empty

Back to top Go down

This just isn't my week.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next