Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

What Men Have to Put Up With

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:50 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Cutting onself shaving isn't that bad (unless its your lip) and something both sexes share (hopefully not the lip cutting bit) but razor rash is a true pain.

Unless you have good shaving balm which is quite salving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:55 am

I used to suffer from it quite regularly but I've come across a shaving foam, razor and balm combination that keeps it at bay. Spendy but worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:57 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I used to suffer from it quite regularly but I've come across a shaving foam, razor and balm combination that keeps it at bay. Spendy but worth it.

I dunno, but I rarely get it. I must have a well-balanced skin that is largely immune from razor rash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:02 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I dunno, but I rarely get it. I must have a well-balanced skin that is largely immune from razor rash.
Or skin like a Jockey's bol...

*ahem*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:20 am

Always having to put up that damn toilet seat..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:22 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

You can put it up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:35 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

You can put it up?

Are you unmarried?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:47 am

cactus flower wrote:
I had been thinking more along the lines of cutting oneself shaving, but I must admit to being both impressed and sympathetic at WMHTPUW.

Agreed, cf.

And I agree strongly about the shaven head. I don't think baldness of itself is endearing - it's what a man does with it that matters. Comb overs, for instance are hideous.

Are you fully grey, Auditor or just speckled? Well cut, grey hair can be very appealing.

Do any of you have a moustache or beard? My father grew one because he hated shaving and my mother abhorred it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:01 pm

I have speckled grey hair I think - I don't really look at it that much. It's also due a shave with the razor soon.

Shaving in general is something to avoid if you can, like ironing. Thus I have a stubble a lot of the time - I shave on Monday morning and try to get away with shaving once during the week - somehow the French and Spanish fellas can get away with a bit of maintained stubble at work but we get looked at sideways ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 pm

Kate P wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
I had been thinking more along the lines of cutting oneself shaving, but I must admit to being both impressed and sympathetic at WMHTPUW.

Agreed, cf.

And I agree strongly about the shaven head. I don't think baldness of itself is endearing - it's what a man does with it that matters. Comb overs, for instance are hideous.

Are you fully grey, Auditor or just speckled? Well cut, grey hair can be very appealing.

Do any of you have a moustache or beard? My father grew one because he hated shaving and my mother abhorred it.

Beard and moustache - nearly 25 years behind the beard now, man and boy. It's gone a fair bit grey now, since my first business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:25 pm

What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 Twits
I can't think of beards without recalling this Roald Dahl character, Mr Twit.

But I'm sure yours is far more distinguished, ibis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 pm

ibis wrote:
Kate P wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Agreed, cf.

Beard and moustache - nearly 25 years behind the beard now, man and boy. It's gone a fair bit grey now, since my first business.

Personally I think a beard is a fine manly accoutrement, and a way of expressing personality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:59 pm

Yeah but do you know what's becoming popular? Those awful Amish beards where there's no moustache.
What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 Ken_bio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Quote :
I can't think of beards without recalling this Roald Dahl character, Mr Twit.

But I'm sure yours is far more distinguished, ibis.

Neater, anyway!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:05 pm

cactus flower wrote
Quote :
Personally I think a beard is a fine manly accoutrement, and a way of expressing personality.

Yosemite Sam expresses personality through a beard. So do the guys in ZZ Top and Willie from the Simpsons.

I think most men hide behind them but that, I know is a gross generalisation.

Ever thought of dispensing with it, ibis? (Of course, I'm not for a moment suggesting that you hide behind yours!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Kate P wrote:
cactus flower wrote
Quote :

Yosemite Sam expresses personality through a beard. So do the guys in ZZ Top and Willie from the Simpsons.

I think most men hide behind them but that, I know is a gross generalisation.

Ever thought of dispensing with it, ibis? (Of course, I'm not for a moment suggesting that you hide behind yours!)

I couldn't hide behind it - my younger brother, on the other hand, could hide behind his much larger beard. I don't think men do hide behind them, although I have been turned down for jobs (in the UK) on that basis.

No, I've never really thought of dispensing with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 3:08 pm

ibis wrote
Quote :
I couldn't hide behind it - my younger brother, on the other hand, could hide behind his much larger beard. I don't think men do hide behind them, although I have been turned down for jobs (in the UK) on that basis.

No, I've never really thought of dispensing with it.

Here's the science...

http://www.beards.org/impressions.php

"...the male beard communicates an heroic image of the independent, sturdy, and resourceful pioneer, ready, willing and able to do manly things."

Last edited by Kate P on Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 3:44 pm

That's a brilliant site! 'Beard success stories', 'beard topics', it's got it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 3:55 pm

"...the male beard communicates an heroic image of the independent, sturdy, and resourceful pioneer, ready, willing and able to do manly things." [/quote]

The OM !

flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:14 pm

cactus flower wrote:
"...the male beard communicates an heroic image of the independent, sturdy, and resourceful pioneer, ready, willing and able to do manly things."

The OM !

flower[/quote]

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:20 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Or skin like a Jockey's bol...

*ahem*

Perhaps that's it. I could have Teflon for skin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:34 pm

ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

You can put it up?

Are you unmarried?

No, I have five muslim wives. I shared a lift with them in a shopping centre and we've been happily married ever since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:48 am

cookiemonster wrote:
ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

You can put it up?

Are you unmarried?

No, I have five muslim wives. I shared a lift with them in a shopping centre and we've been happily married ever since.

Five wives....well, that would explain why you always see the toilet seat down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:55 am

Clearly I'm way too easygoing in the toilet seat department - mental note to self: must be tougher Evil or Very Mad on toilet seat offenders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:17 am

Kate P wrote:
Clearly I'm way too easygoing in the toilet seat department - mental note to self: must be tougher Evil or Very Mad on toilet seat offenders.
Maybe you're one of those who don't have the toilet-seat gene?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Men Have to Put Up With   What Men Have to Put Up With - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Men Have to Put Up With
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Vibes and Scribes :: Language & Culture-
Jump to: