Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Ganley and the mad mullahs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:49 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Against you? Unprovoked? Pointing out that somebodt is posting nonsense is not abuse.

Where did I say against me? Cop on.

Telling someone to Fuck off and calling them a toe-rag on an internet forum is abuse. I'm sure plenty wold agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:17 am

I considered buying one of them toerags myself last year but it would not sit well with the missus driving any foreign vehicle even though VW is the best of a bad lot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Frightened Albanian wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
studiorat wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
I also take exception to your assertion of abuse of my part.

There's plenty of examples already...

Against you? Unprovoked? Pointing out that somebodt is posting nonsense is not abuse.
Nothing nonsense about the fact that Ganley wants to invade Iran, or the fact that Ganley International is not what Ganley likes people to think.

No doubt he'll use the nuclear bombers you accused him of owning to do it, along with Phil Flynn's pen gun?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 5:59 pm

studiorat wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Where did I say against me? Cop on.

Telling someone to Fuck off and calling them a toe-rag on an internet forum is abuse. I'm sure plenty wold agree.

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/search.forum?search_keywords=toe-rag&sid=&q=&domains=machinenation.forumakers.com&sitesearch=machinenation.forumakers.com&client=&forid=1&ie=iso-8859-1&oe=iso-8859-1&hl=en&cof=GALT%3A%23105289%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23ebeadd%3BVLC%3A%23105289%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3A%23ecf3f7%3BLBGC%3A%23ebeadd%3BALC%3A%23368ad2%3BLC%3A%23105289%3BT%3A%23536482%3BGFNT%3A%23105289%3BGIMP%3A%23105289%3BFORID%3A11&search_terms=all&search_author=cookiemonster&search_where=-1&search_time=0&show_results=posts&sort_by=0&sort_dir=DESC&google=

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/search.forum?search_keywords=toe+rag&sid=&q=&domains=machinenation.forumakers.com&sitesearch=machinenation.forumakers.com&client=&forid=1&ie=iso-8859-1&oe=iso-8859-1&hl=en&cof=GALT%3A%23105289%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23ebeadd%3BVLC%3A%23105289%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3A%23ecf3f7%3BLBGC%3A%23ebeadd%3BALC%3A%23368ad2%3BLC%3A%23105289%3BT%3A%23536482%3BGFNT%3A%23105289%3BGIMP%3A%23105289%3BFORID%3A11&search_terms=all&search_author=cookiemonster&search_where=-1&search_time=0&show_results=posts&sort_by=0&sort_dir=DESC&google=

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/search.forum?search_keywords=toerag&sid=&q=&domains=machinenation.forumakers.com&sitesearch=machinenation.forumakers.com&client=&forid=1&ie=iso-8859-1&oe=iso-8859-1&hl=en&cof=GALT%3A%23105289%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23ebeadd%3BVLC%3A%23105289%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3A%23ecf3f7%3BLBGC%3A%23ebeadd%3BALC%3A%23368ad2%3BLC%3A%23105289%3BT%3A%23536482%3BGFNT%3A%23105289%3BGIMP%3A%23105289%3BFORID%3A11&search_terms=all&search_author=cookiemonster&search_where=-1&search_time=0&show_results=posts&sort_by=0&sort_dir=DESC&google=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:02 pm

No idea where all this talk of personal abuse as outlined is actually mentioned on this thread or elsewhere. If it has been posted, please contact a mod.

Otherwise, gentlemen, back to actual discussion of the topic, please and thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 7:37 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
studiorat wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Nothing nonsense about the fact that Ganley wants to invade Iran, or the fact that Ganley International is not what Ganley likes people to think.

No doubt he'll use the nuclear bombers you accused him of owning to do it, along with Phil Flynn's pen gun?

Ha, I had forgotten all about him, did he get sentenced in the end?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 7:58 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
studiorat wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Ha, I had forgotten all about him, did he get sentenced in the end?

He got a find didn't he? For the gun, I don't recall if anything came from the CAB investigation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 Penguin-chick

I still can't help thinking its a pen guin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 pm

I am aware the US angle looks unlikely; they are only interested in the Middle East and their own economy right now. If one were going to hypothetically suggest national interest motives for foreign interference in the Lisbon treaty, the Russians (divide, conquer, sell energy for more and prevent the next door neighbours from joining NATO) and the UK (71% against and and not allowed a referendum), would be far more likely candidates as interferers than the US.

I noted with interest all the UK Eurosceptic MEPs wearing leprechaun outfits in the europarliament after we voted no; did that look a teensy weensy bit like a celebration, at all??

Less than one percent of the EU voting on a treaty that concerns the entire EU looks like a little bit of a weak point to me.....I'd like to know exactly where all the no campaigners got their money (not just Libertas). I take the point about confidentiality, but I'd just love to know how many donors to ALL the no vote parties had dual citizenship.......and to which other nations.

And why should we single out the No campaign?? Time for reform of the campaign donation rules, methinks....I think all party political donors should have to be published, no matter what size the donation. After all, we have the stable door to close after Bertie's horses won races for him, remember, as well

Higher standards, please!!! Across the board
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 1:07 am

John Bolton former Bush Ambassador to the UN and hawk worried about a Yes vote undermining Nato. He came here the just before the vote in June.
Quote :
"I think there is a risk that it would undercut Nato," he said,
speaking before a talk on transatlantic relations at University College
Dublin at the weekend. "Because if the European Union has its
own military capability . . . people would say if Europeans can take
care of their own defence, we don't need Nato anymore. I think that
would be a huge mistake."
Irish Times Monday, June 9, 2008
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 1:56 am

John Bolton former Bush Ambassador to the UN and hawk worried about a Yes vote undermining Nato. He came here the just before the vote in June.
Quote :
"I think there is a risk that it would undercut Nato," he said,
speaking before a talk on transatlantic relations at University College
Dublin at the weekend. "Because if the European Union has its
own military capability . . . people would say if Europeans can take
care of their own defence, we don't need Nato anymore. I think that
would be a huge mistake."
Irish Times Monday, June 9, 2008

George W. Bush doesn't agree.

Quote :
"Your nation has made a bold decision, and the United States strongly supports your request," Bush said, seated beside Yushchenko. "Helping Ukraine move toward NATO membership is in the interest of every member in the alliance and will help advance security and freedom in this region and around the world."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/04/01/europe/02prexy.php

And while the Ukraine is not yet a member of the EU it is likely to be one in the future and this is no secret.
The European Parliament almost unanimously passed a motion stating the wish of the European Parliament to establish closer ties with Ukraine in view of the possibility of EU membership in Jan 2005 with 467 votes for and 19 against.
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//NONSGML+TA+P6-TA-2005-0009+0+DOC+PDF+V0//EN

The Ukraine is also a member of the ENP.

As for NATO itself, it is dominated by EU member states, 22 out of the 26 being EU members. The US would not wish to weaken either it's ties with the EU, weaken the EU itself or indeed weaken NATO by denying new EU members to Join, especially given the sabre rattling stance Russia has taken since Putin took power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ganley and the mad mullahs   Ganley and the mad mullahs - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 2:26 am

Thats all as may be cookiemonster, but it doesn't suggest that the EU is good for the US or vice versa:

there's plenty here to show that at least some sections of the US government are vehemently opposed to the Lisbon Treaty