Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:43 pm

It could have been Morning Ireland alright - I was on the road at the time so concentration wasn't full. It was just after the 8.00 am news.

I wonder how Sean Quinn and his family feel hearing that this kind of carry on was going on. The Quinn group has had its own problems with loans this year. Too many people have been messing around.

I think 2008 can now officially be titled "THE YEAR OF THE LOAN" (Declan Ganley backing music).

Loan from FF to Celia.
Loans from friends to Bertie.
Loan from Ganley to Libertas?
Loan from Rivada to Libertas?
Loan from Quinn Insurance to Quinn family companies.
Loan from Anglo to Quinn to buy 15% of Bank.
Laon from Anglo to Fitzpatrick and Bradshaw.
Loan from Irish Nationwide to Fitzpatrick and Bradshaw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Two things (amongst others) are disquieting about this.

- The Regulator became aware of this "earlier in the year". What measures did he take to "regulate" this situation? Are there any similar "unregulated" situations of a similar kind that he is aware of?

- The loan seems to be rolled on for the same amount year after year and Mr. Fitzpatrick said that it was a loan backed by assets in the normal way. He also offered his opinion that the arrangement was not illegal.

I would be very interested to know what the assets were, if normal interest payments were made and why none of the capital appears to have been repaid after 8 years.

Is it not high time someone Regulated the Regulator?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:33 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
It could have been Morning Ireland alright - I was on the road at the time so concentration wasn't full. It was just after the 8.00 am news.

I wonder how Sean Quinn and his family feel hearing that this kind of carry on was going on. The Quinn group has had its own problems with loans this year. Too many people have been messing around.

I think 2008 can now officially be titled "THE YEAR OF THE LOAN" (Declan Ganley backing music).

Loan from FF to Celia.
Loans from friends to Bertie.
Loan from Ganley to Libertas?
Loan from Rivada to Libertas?
Loan from Quinn Insurance to Quinn family companies.
Loan from Anglo to Quinn to buy 15% of Bank.
Laon from Anglo to Fitzpatrick and Bradshaw.
Loan from Irish Nationwide to Fitzpatrick and Bradshaw.

"It'll be loanly this Christmas without you to sharehold." Very well spotted Zhou - you might copy it or something like it into the Yearly Review thread if you want but I'll probably rob it later anyhow.

youngdan wrote:
What the bank is worth Audi and the loans have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Can you explain it to me at all dan, I have only a cursory knowledge of banking and money and so on. Is the 87 millen money movements kind of along the lines of Fitzy putting it all into a briefcase and taking a photo of it. Taking it out, putting it into another briefcase of a different color and snapping again. And repeating that process until he has run out of money for briefcases and has to doctor the ones he already he has by defacing and painting and coffee-staining the first ones.

After twenty or so photos of the money he has enough photos to prove to the shareholders and to whom it may concern that there is actually 2 billen in the bank, not 87 millan. And they believe him 'cos he's getting a huge fu*k-you-all salary of 2 millun or so or thereabouts per year and should know therefore what he's doing ? After all, how else can he afford that enormous house / merc / waiting & cleaning staff ? Is it anything like that ?

cactus flower wrote:
Is it not high time someone Regulated the Regulator?
Ah, one of those "why is the emperor naked?" / "who will audit the auditors" questions ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Pil on the Pinl wrote:
Illegal for a Director to take more than 10% of the assets in loans - breach of company law. I've seen it in a few companies whereby the director has a revolving loan, i.e. repays it just before y/e (to keep the auditors happy) and draws it back down early in new year.
http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?p=174668#p174668

Rumours on the Pin that Anglo is giving up the ghost soon.

The Regulator can't stay now - the Finance Ministry has been deceiving the people in fairness. When your Regulator is broken things can go very badly wrong afterwards. This crowd is full of sh*t lads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Pil on the Pinl wrote:
Illegal for a Director to take more than 10% of the assets in loans - breach of company law. I've seen it in a few companies whereby the director has a revolving loan, i.e. repays it just before y/e (to keep the auditors happy) and draws it back down early in new year.

The Regulator can't stay now - the Finance Ministry has been deceiving the people in fairness. When your Regulator is broken things can go very badly wrong afterwards. This crowd is full of sh*t lads.

I understand that the Bank Guarantee means that we are backing this transaction. I think the Guarantee also covered any transactions made after the date of the Guarantee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:14 pm

From that pin thread - Drumm gone too.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/1219/breaking45.htm

Can the end be far away now for Anglo?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:22 pm

coc wrote:
From that pin thread - Drumm gone too.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/1219/breaking45.htm

Can the end be far away now for Anglo?

Ah yeh, they're getting out now while there's still enough money to pay them big handshake cheques. Bloody rats the lot of them.

Can somebody please do their ****** job and fire the Financial Regulator....

Last edited by EvotingMachine0197 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:25 pm

In the interests of consistency, whilst I wholeheartedly agree with you, would you consider cleaning up your f'n post?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Pil on the Pinl wrote:

I think Pil is talking through his pants. Firstly, it is 10% of assets not capitalisation. Secondly, as johnfas has pointed out elsewhere, a lot of those rules don't apply to businesses who are lenders by trade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:37 pm

I can't read this layout but a good song would be A loan alone O. Based on the better known Alive Alive O.

He wheeled his wheelbarrow, between banks sound and shaky, singing swindles, and scams, a loan alone O.

fix the site and we will have a sing song
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:39 pm

The site is OK right now ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:40 pm

"In Dubbelin's fair city,
Where the banks are so shitty,
I first laid me eyes on bould Fitzy's big loan ..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:43 pm

A loan, a big loan,
By the credit crunched shores
Just a loan from a crowd of loons

Oh the loons they are gay
as I Nationwide it away
But the money is not here at all

It flies far away
In september for a few days
To a place where it is not see-een at all-ll

For I never will forget
The Facilities I did get
In the Val-ley of Na-ation-wide
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:43 pm

He wheeled his wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow,
Crying "Fingers ya boyah, can I've a big loan?" ...

Can I've a big loan?
Can I've a big loan?

Crying "Good on ya Fingers, now I've a big loan" ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:44 pm

Who'll do the sad verse?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:48 pm

He nmet the receiver
Who said 'no more can you bleed her
and everyone will know of you bigF_ck off loan'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 5:03 pm

Just looking at the Anglo share price ar 25c - it is just incredible.

I have to be honest and say that Anglo were very professional any time I came in contact with them and I have huge sympathy for those people now. The human tragedy is as real as Cappoquin Chickens or Waterford Crystal and possibly a lot bigger with knock on effects. However wrong these guys got it, a lot of them were following policy which was set by those who were supposed to know what they were doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 5:20 pm

Is it just my computer or is everything stretched out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 6:24 pm

youngdan wrote:
We will probably be back to dial up in 6 months Dan.Going Forward.
Out of curiosity.Does the fact that both Anglo and INBS are amongst the largest operators in the 50 billion Offshore Sterling deposit market ,based in the Isle of Man expose them to some potential shock and awe if large scale deposits seek to withdraw or test the State Guarantee?
Also with short term interest rates splattering,what further operational pressure is exerted on the capacity for Anglo/INBS to deliver on the high yield rates that both offered,to secure their dominant market position?
Iirc the stg rates they offered were amongst the highest in the world.Some might have called them Award winning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 7:11 pm

powderfinger wrote:
youngdan wrote:
We will probably be back to dial up in 6 months Dan.Going Forward.
Out of curiosity.Does the fact that both Anglo and INBS are amongst the largest operators in the 50 billion Offshore Sterling deposit market ,based in the Isle of Man expose them to some potential shock and awe if large scale deposits seek to withdraw or test the State Guarantee?
Also with short term interest rates splattering,what further operational pressure is exerted on the capacity for Anglo/INBS to deliver on the high yield rates that both offered,to secure their dominant market position?
Iirc the stg rates they offered were amongst the highest in the world.Some might have called them Award winning.

A bell in my head is ringing. It sounds like Ice - land ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 pm

The regulator was a banker... what do you expect. I hate this nonsense that if we replace the boards of these banks we will end up with a second rate team. Most Chartered Accountants in any substantial firm could run these places far better than the current crowd. You don't need to understand complex derivatives to run a bank, all you need to understand is that if something is so complicated that 95% of people, even economists, can neither understand nor trace an investment, then it is a bad business move to engage in it. I learnt that in Junior Cert Business Studies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Today FM are playing an interview they had with Fitzpatrick in June where he is complaining of the regulatory burden placed on his bank which is (was) stifling its development. If it weren't so serious I'd be in stitches.

Some fall from grace anyway, glad Cooper is taking him to town.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:27 pm

Yeh, I agree, total bullshit.

It's all a facade designed to keep a lot of second rate people up there, earning huge wads of cash, all members of golden circles and crony circles. It makes me puke.
And of course the salaries have to be huge to keep that level of talent in the Country, never mind in the Company. Rolling Eyes
A lot of these guys are institutionalised, politically protected gombeens. Talent my backside ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:31 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Yeh, I agree, total bullshit.

It's all a facade designed to keep a lot of second rate people up there, earning huge wads of cash, all members of golden circles and crony circles. It makes me puke.
And of course the salaries have to be huge to keep that level of talent in the Country, never mind in the Company. Rolling Eyes
A lot of these guys are institutionalised, politically protected gombeens. Talent my backside ...

Yea that's another bullshit. It is the same argument they use for the exorbitant salaries we pay our Government Ministers. The argument sure if we didn't pay that wouldn't Bertie Ahern be earning it in the private sector. Bollox, if Bertie Ahern wasn't in politics he'd be in the same petty cash office in the Mater Hospital as he started and Cowen would be working in the same small solicitor's practice as he began. There would be thousands of highly qualified, highly competent, and highly experienced individuals who would be happy to be chairman of an Irish bank at a salary a tenth of what these guys are earning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Politics is all about stealing. Did ye think they were in it for the good of their health.

At least the site is back and I can read it and if Albanian was being sarcastic there will be ire in this festive season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign   Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chairman and Chief Executive of Anglo Irish Bank Resign
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next