Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Privatisation of Irish Politics

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage

The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:33 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Business is cut throat, and Ganley has chosen to operate in some of the world's roughest and most controversial business environments. That would make him a type of an asset stripper or oligarch.

It would make him an asset stripper? Can you point to any example of him asset stripping a company he's owned? Oligarch and Asset stripper are not synonymous either, btw.

Ahem!
Cookie here is a quote from the bold Declan Ganley
Quote :
'There has been a wariness on the part of big investors to weigh in to
these areas. My talent is spotting opportunities and vacuuming up the
assets.'
"Investor's Albanian fight." The European,March 13, 1997

:
Assett stripping ? no not at all "vacuuming up the
assets" is Declan's self proclaimed talent.
Note
Quote :
A
YOUNG Irish entrepreneur is trying to buy Dollars 350 million worth of
privatisation vouchers in Albania - undeterred by the civil unrest in
the country. The bid represents almost half the total book value the
Albanian government has put on the assets it wants to privatise.
here he is trying to buy 350 mil of assets this in in Albania and at the time of Anglo Adriatic indicating either leverage or investment? or what?

Quote :
Declan
Ganley, a 28-year-old Irishman, is trying to gather up $ 540 million
worth of privatization vouchers in Albania -- half the book value of
assets that the government wants to sell. Sixty thousand Albanians have
traded their vouchers for shares in Ganley's Anglo Adriatic investment fund.The San Francisco Chronicle MARCH 26, 1997, WEDNESDAY, FINAL EDITION NOTES FROM HERE AND THERE

How amounts inflate over only a week.
The SF Chronicle concludes
Quote :
His talent,
he says, is ''spotting opportunities and vacuuming out the assets.''
When the civil strife ends in Albania, maybe he'll own it.

The European
Quote :
When the fighting stops in Albania, he hopes to be well on the way to completing a coup of his own.

Sorry Cookie but........... how many people did he employ exactly? 20? 50? 100?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:50 am

Why don't you tell me? And while you're at it why don't you tell me what this has to do with the privatisation of Irish politics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 am

You were discussing asset striping on the last page Cookie. You seemed to suggest that Cactus Flower was talking about asset striping in a "lefty" sense rather than business. I am providing you with the words of your master on asset striping. "Vacuuming up" assets is his talent his says.

And it has everything to do with the privatisation of Irish politics. As Declan Ganley is engaged in just that we would to know what he is up to, where he is coming from and more importantly what exactly has he got up to in the past taht we should take lessons from.

He is entering politics as CEO of Libertas Inc., self appointed and self proclaimed , so whose assets is he after ?

When did the philanthropy begin? He says he is going to save us from our bad choices . So whose assets is he after now as vacuuming assets is his real talent he says.

Last edited by Frightened Albanian on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:02 am

Frightened Albanian wrote:
You were discussing asset striping on the last page Cookie. You seemed to suggest that Catus flower was talking about asset striping in a "lefty" sense rather than business. I am providing you with the words of your master on asset striping. "Vacuuming up" assets is his talent his says.

And a company he has asset stripped would be...?

Quote :
And it has everything to do with the privatisation of Irish politics. As Declan Ganley is engaged in just taht we would to know what he is up to, where he is coming from and more importantly what exactly has he got up to in the past taht we should take lessons from.

What has that got to do with the privatisation of Irish politics?

Quote :
He is entering politics as CEO of Libertas Inc., self appointed and self proclaimed , so whose assets is he after ?
What?

Quote :
When did the philanthropy? He says he is going to save us from our bad choices . So whose assets is he after now as vacuuling assets is his real talent he says.
And what's that in english? Coherent sentences please. Think before you type, infact think at all and we're off to a good start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:06 am

[mod] The post edit description line is not to be used for personalised attacks. The use of the facility for these means will likely result in action taken against posters who continue to use it in this manner [/mod]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:52 am

I think we need anti coalition to clarify the privatisation and business were part of whza he was getting at starting this
thread
. The english

When did the philanthropy begin? He says he is going to save us
from our bad choices . vacuuming
assets is his real talent he says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:55 am

I think we need anti coalition to clarify the privatisation and business were part of whza he was getting at starting this
thread
. The english

When did the philanthropy begin? He says he is going to save us
from our bad choices . vacuuming
assets is his real talent he says.

Exactly. A general vacuuming around the place, and every once in a while he strikes lucky. What's the bad choices thing. There is a brilliant piece of writing on the website. I'll go and find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:01 am

Libertas is a pan-European political movement dedicated to creating a new, democratic, accountable and open European Union.

We believe that the European Union has limitless potential. We believe that by working together, Europeans can translate shared values into an ambitious vision that lights up the next century of human history. Europe does not work together at this time. It is divided into an elite holding all the power, and the rest, who are critical, but powerless. We want to transform that widespread criticism, harness the power that motivates it and change Europe.

Looking at the European project today, we see a body without heart, an idea without soul. We believe that until control of our shared destiny is wrenched back from unaccountable elites in Brussels and that until all of the citizens of Europe are given a say in its direction, Europe will never fulfill its extraordinary potential.

Some of those who exercise power look at the problems we face in Europe, and say that the solution is always to give them ever more of our sovereign power and resources. This is what they have done with a succession of Treaties modifying and increasing their control. It goes to an unelected elite, so that they can solve our problems for us.

We say that the solutions lie with people, with the individual, with families and within communities and that by progressively empowering the citizen, we can overcome any challenge.

We believe that the time has now come for the people of Europe to speak with one voice based on a democratic mandate. The vote of the people in Europe must represent the vote of the people of Europe.

We say that change in Europe is possible, that there is a better and more democratic way. It is time for us ordinary citizens of Europe to speak clearly and with authority to challenge those who would stifle and ignore the voice of the people.

To those who would make democracy in Europe a mere hollow shell, crushed, lifeless on the inside, providing a mere echo chamber for those elites that presume to know best and seek to exercise power without accountability, We say: It is time for Europe to demand change and declare to say: "No, there is a better way". It is time to reject overbearing bureaucracy and put democracy back at the very centre of Europe's vision. It is time for the people of Europe to build a better Union.

This is Libertas' promise and its demand. Join us, give us your support and Libertas will give you the referendum on the anti-democratic Lisbon Treaty that the Brussels elites have conspired to deny you. In so doing we will give you the opportunity to say yes or no to the current status quo. This will provide you with an altogether more ambitious and enterprising choice.

We will return power to where it belongs, to the people.

We recognise that it is you, the citizen that must ultimately decide what powers Brussels should or should not have, and under what conditions that power should be exercised.

For Europe to build a true and successful Union, that Union must include and involve you. The conditions must be subject to you. They must respect your identity and culture. They must unite you, on your terms, in a vision that inspires and motivates and answers to you the people. A Union gaining its legitimacy and vitality from the hundreds of millions of individuals that are Europe's people, through a system of governance that is subject to the people rather than to an elite that governs itself.

We believe that Europe, her nations, her people, have come to a crossroads. We believe that we must all ask ourselves if democracy really matters to us as Europeans. We must therefore ask ourselves if Brussels is the solution, or do we believe that an increasingly anti-democratic overbearing Brussels is the problem and indeed represents the greatest risk to the success of the European Union?

Do we believe that endless directives are the way to confront the challenges of the age? Or do we believe that the ingenuity, faith, energy and reason of almost 500 million citizens will allow us to view the future with renewed optimism?

Libertas stands for individual freedom, democracy, and a culture embracing life. We stand for tolerance and for the belief that every citizen has rights and limitless potential.

All of these questions have been asked before. The criticisms are widespread and contain a universal frustration at the way power has been centralised. But this is the first time that a political movement has been brought before you with a dedicated and determined focus of change and reform. We seek to transcend the faults in Europe's elitist government and give it back to the people.

We, Libertas, stand for a new vision. We stand for freedom, for a strong and democratic Europe. We stand for you, all the people of Europe. [/quote]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:07 am

right...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:22 am

cookiemonster wrote:
right...
Space the final frontier......... to boldly go where no man has gone before...;;;;;;;;;; to seek new lands and new civilisation.............stardate 2009 logbook Starbus Libertas...............I'm choked up with Euro pride reading that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 am

Quote :
Libertas stands for individual freedom, democracy, and a culture embracing life.
Commune life?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:53 am

I don't know what you are on about now, I suspect you don't either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 am

Quote :
Libertas stands for individual freedom, democracy, and a culture embracing life.
Commune life?

I thought it was a nod to Coir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:18 am

What the hell is this thread about anyway, or is it nothing but yet another get Ganley thread, albeit bad disgusied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:24 am

cookiemonster wrote:
What the hell is this thread about anyway, or is it nothing but yet another get Ganley thread, albeit bad disgusied.

It must seem that everyone is out to "get Ganley". The right wing don't like him (well, some of them) because he's treading on their turf, the left wing don't like him because he's right wing. Then there are the centrists who don't like him because they perceive Libertas as undemocratic and corporate in character ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:43 am

cactus flower wrote:
Quote :
Commune life?

I thought it was a nod to Coir.

Sorry I was trying to be optimistic Cactus then you go and run it on me ,
ok back to earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:44 am

cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

It must seem that everyone is out to "get Ganley". The right wing don't like him (well, some of them) because he's treading on their turf, the left wing don't like him because he's right wing. Then there are the centrists who don't like him because they perceive Libertas as undemocratic and corporate in character ...

What has that got to do with the privatisation of Irish politics? Something which, by the way, I don't see a s possible. In a democracy the power rests with the people. Regardless of how much money an organisation has it's nigh on impossible for politics (by which I mean the political institutions) to be bought in party structure. You don't like what is on offer you don't give your vote.

Precicely why Ganley and Libertas are the sole and exclusive topic of this thread (putting aside the fact that this IS yet another "Get Ganley" thread) is beyond me as Libertas's stated aim and goal is pan-European and also not focused on national politics.

You're also, again, mixing up two things, Cactus flower, that is Ganley and Libertas are different. They are not the same and they do not equal eachother. But even putting that aside for a moment, it is perfectly possible and concievable that Libertas candidates will get lots of support despite your concieved universla dislike of Ganley. Just take a look at national parliaments around the globe, all politics is local as they say and if there is a good candidate on offer they are a good candidate regardless of who leads their party.

But of course I don't believe that will be an issue at all. All this amateurish, storm in a tea cup, build-your-own-right-wing-monster, nonsense is localised to a margin of ineffective nutjobs with their own benign political aims who will be dismissed by all but the most irrational tinfoil hat hearing numpties.

You can duck and weave through threads all you want, bouncing off the Google wonderboy fabricating Monster Ganley and his evil right wing party all you want but it reprensents nothing but a pathetic attempt to smear and damage a good man with no other basis than your rigid unfounded irrational fear of anything but your own opinions. If you want to remain that blinkered, biased and parochial in your politics then so be it, but don't expect me or anybody else with half a brain to put up with that nonsense, regardless of what your, frightened Albanian, Anticoalition or whoever tries to dress it up as. The very fact that you lot feel the need to shroud your pathetic smears in some veil of legitimacy speaks volumes for you character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I'm here so you are here that seems to be how it works , complain less you obviously have some reason to hang around.
cookie with such optimism why are you always so irked ? Ganely and Libertas a=re one in the same he owns the party i.E. privatisation of politics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:48 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I'm here so you are here that seems to be how it works , complain less you obviously have some reason to hang around.
cookie with such optimism why are you always so irked ? Ganely and Libertas a=re one in the same he owns the party i.E. privatisation of politics

Serioulsy, will you please stop and think before you post. I don't have a clue what you are trying to say!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:12 am

seems clear you are on this thread because ganley is being discussed by peoiple who find him suspicious and given your optimism why are you marking us so hard and Ganley =Libertas =Ganley

Dysonman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 am

Ganley denies rift in Libertas
irish times today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 am

seems clear you are on this thread because ganley is being discussed by peoiple who find him suspicious
He's not being discussed. He's being smeared, poorly, but smeared none the less.

Quote :
and given your optimism why are you marking us so hard
Because I care.

Quote :
and Ganley =Libertas = Ganley
Nonsense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:16 am

Ganley denies rift in Libertas
irish times today

what has that got to do with the privatisation of irish politics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:20 am

Is O'Toole really up to that? I wonder what Kevbar will make of that story.

and cokkkie note that Declan seems to favour the pr man over the hench men and women
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:21 am

Is O'Toole really up to that? I wonder what Kevbar will make of that story.

and cokkkie note that Declan seems to favour the pr man over the hench men and women

What has that got to do with the privatisation of Irish politics?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Privatisation of Irish Politics
Page 13 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next