Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 1:51 am

I've ate barely ettin today other than swine... bricking it anyway! Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 1:59 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:

The otters that ate it ate nothing but fish all day every day. I wouldn't worry about a couple of rashers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:00 am

To be on the safe side they are probably recalling products 10 days before the first sausage hit the shelves. That would mean the first toxic rasher appeared on September 11. Exactly 7 years after 911. End time fans will immediately recognise the 7 year period of tribulation as mentioned in the Book of Revelations.

Note the jews and muslims will escape this attack and the first victim is Papal Knight.

Well do you believe the conspiracies now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:00 am

Spiced Beef with the turkey! Carnivores, you know it makes sense. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:02 am

cactus flower wrote:
There were arrests in Belgium in 1992 in a similar incident.

http://www.foodnavigator.com/Legislation/Belgian-agriculture-official-arrested-amid-pig-feed-scandal

This is a scientific report on the Belgian case. http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=13464667

The Independent says this is something to do with bread wrappers (past sell by date bread being part of the poor pigs diet). Surely this isn't credible? Why would there be high levels of PCBs in bread wrappers?
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/pig-sales-banned-as-inspectors-probe-toxic-feed-scare

PCBs are plastics or plastic additives. Before their use was banned they used to be found in "open" or "dissipative" sources like , Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 Temp17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychlorinated_biphenyl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:03 am

youngdan wrote:
To be on the safe side they are probably recalling products 10 days before the first sausage hit the shelves. That would mean the first toxic rasher appeared on September 11. Exactly 7 years after 911. End time fans will immediately recognise the 7 year period of tribulation as mentioned in the Book of Revelations.

Note the jews and muslims will escape this attack and the first victim is Papal Knight.

Well do you believe the conspiracies now
lol!

You think we don't export this stuff to the US, dan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:09 am

Then it is even bigger than I feared. How come the thousands of people involved kept
this a secret for so long. O God I think I feel a cold sore coming on. They have got me too Papal, where did I leave my bazooka
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:59 am

Worse it is getting. First Papal, then me but now this

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/024301.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:16 am

cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:

The otters that ate it ate nothing but fish all day every day. I wouldn't worry about a couple of rashers.

twas more than a couple No herds or schools or whatever you get of pigs have died...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:20 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:

twas more than a couple No herds or schools or whatever you get of pigs have died...

rashers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:27 am

cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:

rashers?

rashers, sausages, puddin', the list goes on as the pigs die Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:33 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:

rashers?

Well, not in danger of malnutrition anyway Surprised .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:35 am

cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:

rashers?

Well, not in danger of malnutrition anyway Surprised .

But what's left after the recall cactus.... WHAT'S LEFT!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:38 am

Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 Vege-Sausages-pack_200x260

Quorn ? Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:39 am

affraid

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:44 am

What do vegetarian worms eat ?

Linda McCartney !

Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 51YPTPD2BSL._SL500_AA240_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:54 am

youngdan wrote:
Rashs are the first signs of dioxin poisoning. Remember what happened in Italy in the mid eighties. It attacks the brain. Have you noticed signs of hostility, bitterness and paranoia towards yours friends. Then the victim begins rambling and having flashbacks to happier times.

Looks like you are a goner too

I suppose it could explain the Lisbon vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:57 am

Wasn't there a study at the start of the year that too much pork and processed meats leads to increased rates of cancer? Someat about the nitrates or something.

I hope they didn't oversample the Irish pork in the trials!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:04 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
affraid

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

There'll be more marching into Leinster House if I don't get me sunday morning portions of pig and egg.

Gammongate is no excuse for that quorn muck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:11 am

I love eating Babe and his family too but does this PCB crap eventually leave the system or what ? Can we zap it by eating anti-dioxidants like ... brocolli ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 12:23 pm

Morning Ireland Special on this Sunday today as we speak. The FSA guy is on there and said we shouldn't eat the stuff we have but we shouldn't be concerned about having eaten a bunch of it by now as the levels are set at a lifetime's exposure not a couple of doses. Like smoking one cigarette or smoking for a month - it won't kill ya.

Do we trust these fellas anymore ? 'FSA' : just move one letter and add a little fada and you get FÁS Shocked

He's talking about how it got in to the food now .. it looks like it's a type of industrial oil or industrial contaminant. They are persistent in the environment he says and now Áine Lawlor is asking him about the disposal process because dioxins are persistent even through a disposal process. He said the quantities are very small and we should just put them in the bin.

Alan Reilly deputy chief executive of the FSA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 12:55 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Homer: Ham?
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

Ah Lisa .. was she a vegetarian or a pork avoider?

Brendan Smith, Minister for Agriculture on the radio now.

How did Polychoryl Biphenyl - a banned substance - end up in our mate says Áine. The Minister is saying only a small number of farms were exposed ... Again he says exposure over considerable amount of time is necessary to produce bad effects in the body. No one has said if the stuff was safe before the 1st of September or how do we know or maybe I didn't hear it fully yet.

Does organic pork product need to be binned says Áine .. the FSAI needs to answer that he says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 1:23 pm

Well.......George Orwell did warn us in Animal Farm.

That Napolean boyo was poison
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:46 pm

A pig farmer was on RTE (Marion Finucane) saying he makes his own feed and has 60 perfectly good pigs that he may have to slaughter and dispose of.
What ever happened to traceability from farm to fork ? If its only 10% of the product that's contaminated, what is the sense in destroying the rest? It only succeeds in giving the impression that nothing coming out of Ireland is safe.
It was the same with Mad Cow disease and the slaughtering of whole herds - it was never science based, it didn't solve the problem and nobody else was doing it.

One of the guests (about 12 o clock) said that this stuff will be flushed out of our system faster with we eat "clean" fats. The choice seems dioxin poisoning or cardiac arrest. It would seem to be a good idea to let people know, if they possibly can, which products were affected, so they can start chewing the fat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.   Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Irish Pork Recall - Europe says we are safe.
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next