Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Look at the Moon!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:29 pm

If you haven't had a look at the Moon, go and look. If anyone has a good camera, take a pic!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:32 pm

Why? What's up with it ?
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:33 pm

What's next to it ? Jupiter and Saturn or Venus ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:34 pm

Mars ? It looks Red. And another one further out at 2 O clock ?
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:37 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Mars ? It looks Red. And another one further out at 2 O clock ?

Jupiter, I think.
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:17 pm

I noticed it earlier, pointed it out to the missus. It looks like a sign to the Islamists to rise up and take over, doesn't it?...

Machine Nation 50,000th Post

Look at the Moon! Fireworks

The Official 50,000th post database entry.

Congratulations to Toxic Avenger.

This Announcement is FINAL.

EVM.

Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:30 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
I noticed it earlier, pointed it out to the missus. It looks like a sign to the Islamists to rise up and take over, doesn't it?...

I went out into garden to look for it, but it was so dark that I walked into an apple tree confused
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:23 am

I saw that last night, I thought it was Mars too (a bit reddish). The moon reminded me of someone I know.

With the dusk and all it was quite something.
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:09 am

cactus flower wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

I went out into garden to look for it, but it was so dark that I walked into an apple tree confused

Laughing That's so unfortunate!
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 8:47 pm

toxic avenger wrote:

EVM.

Yaaaay, I only joined the site for this purpose, so I'm off...

(Joking. But what do I win? I think you should all send me money. Bank of Ngorno Karabakh, Acct. No. 4756394747. Keep it hush hush...)
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 9:25 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

EVM.

(Joking. But what do I win? I think you should all send me money. Bank of Ngorno Karabakh, Acct. No. 4756394747. Keep it hush hush...)
Congratulations, you jammy git.
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 9:29 pm

tonys wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Thank you, kind sir. You can make my donation in dollars, by the way...
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 9:38 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
tonys wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Very bloody funny.
Mine's a pint, when you unstitch your pockets.
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 9:49 pm

tonys wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
tonys wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Very bloody funny.

Bass, I presume. It'll actually be Bud, but you can't definitively prove it isn't Bass.. (My pockets? I'm blaming Des O'Neill, he stitched them up)...
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 am

toxic avenger wrote:
tonys wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
tonys wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:

Very bloody funny.

Bass, I presume. It'll actually be Bud, but you can't definitively prove it isn't Bass..
If you have the gift of any one of the following; sight, taste or smell, you should have no problem there. Better yet if you have a combination of any two, it’s an open & shut case, if it’s still necessary, go to the high court, you’ll win, everyone does.
toxic avenger wrote:
(My pockets? I'm blaming Des O'Neill, he stitched them up)...
Is he a dab hand? I wish I was, but like everything else I suppose, its practice that makes the difference.
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 3:59 am

tonys wrote:
If you have the gift of any one of the following; sight, taste or smell, you should have no problem there. Better yet if you have a combination of any two, it’s an open & shut case, if it’s still necessary, go to the high court, you’ll win, everyone does.

Both are pish anyway, I should have said Guinness, if only so you could learn the difference between black and white...

(I got the 50K post today, you have to let me win for once)...
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 4:15 am

toxic avenger wrote:
tonys wrote:

Both are pish anyway, I should have said Guinness, if only so you could learn the difference between black and white...
Who needs two colours, never seen the need for white myself.

toxic avenger wrote:
(I got the 50K post today, you have to let me win for once)...
I don’t know about that. Someone once said “there is nothing wrong with defeat”, but it was easy for him to say, he was Mandela’s chiropodist.

I could manage a draw, if honour was served?
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 4:19 am

tonys wrote:

I could manage a draw, if honour was served?

Deal. Herself wants the laptop, a war on two fronts is never pretty...
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Look, quick! If the sky is clear, you'll see a dazzling night sky, the new moon to the south, with the old moon in her arms.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:46 am

Regarding the moon, I just came across this awesome photo.

Look at the Moon! 486px-S-IC_engines_and_Von_Braun

How cool is that ? afro

That's the arse end a a Saturn V btw...
Back to top Go down

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:17 am

Fairly massive blowtorch alright that thing.

Venus is extremely bright in the south west or west proper - I thought it was a plane the other night. Apparently Saturn is in the right position for you to see the shadow of the rings on itself - wouldn't you like to have a telescope to be able to see Saturn's rings? Ah the bling ..

Quote :
Venus is the brightest and highest from the horizon and will remain easily visible in the southwest over the next few months while Jupiter and Mercury quickly sink back toward the horizon. Venus reaches greatest elongation, its furthest separation from the Sun at 47 degrees, on January 14. Mercury also reaches greatest elongation this month, on January 4, at 19 degrees from the Sun.

On January 21 to 23, Venus and Uranus are less than one and a half degrees apart. In the Northern Hemisphere, use binoculars to see Venus slide by to Uranus's right. Venus is bright enough to spot in the daytime this month, and on January 29 and 30, its position near the moon makes it easier to find just before sunset.

See the Shadow of Saturn's Rings on the Planet

The first few weeks of January is the best time to see Saturn's rings cast a shadow on the planet. Saturn rises in late evening for viewers in North America and a telescope will be required to see the shadow. By the end of the month Saturn rises a bit earlier but the best shadow effect will be gone. Later this year, the rings of Saturn will seem to disappear as the planet tilts so that the rings appear edge-on for observers on Earth.
http://stargazing.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_night_sky_for_january_2009
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Look at the Moon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look at the Moon!   Look at the Moon! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:06 am

Wanna see a show Audi ?