Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 am

I can't somehow get my focus off RTE: a documentary about Mike Murphy, a retired RTE presenter made by RTE presenters - in America.

He is in to property developing in Florida - "I am the face of Hard Court" ?

Last edited by cactus flower on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:26 am

anmajornarthainig wrote:
What about sacking everybody working in RTE who gets more than a hundred grand of year and we could find ways of making programmes that`d be a lot cheaper. For instance we could replace "Who do you think you are?" with a reality show based in Dublin on saturday nights called "What the fuck do you think you`re lookin`at?" We could scrap the Clinic and replace it with the "hospital". It`d only need one set, a waiting room, and you could film it in real time and get about 24 one hour episodes out of it. You wouldn`t have to get many actors either, just one nurse, one doctor and one hundred and fifty extras portraying administrators. How about "The 150 Greatest Disasters of all time." George Lee would probably present it for free he`d be so happy. What about scrapping Fair City and replacing it with a new show called "Leo`s Hands", they`re the best thing in it anyway.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:40 am

Prime time covering Fás now ... eeek.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:14 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Prime time covering Fás now ... eeek.

Ah crap missed it.

Class post Anmajor. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:20 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:43 am

NTL getting a kicking on PT investigates
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 am

I'm not watching. NTL is the cable crowd. What's the story ? Broadband ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:50 am

NTL are an absolutely terrible company. We kicked them to the curb years ago.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:01 am

Vodafone, Three and Meteor took a beating too.

Customer service nightmares.

Smart Telecom up next for shaving
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:03 am

ah NTL, the people who used to sell their services in every supermarket hall up til a few years ago here but were then shamed into hiding!. Seriously crap company.

By the way, do you still have Connex running a public transport service over there? Not kicked them out yet? They're the ones responsible for my claustrophobia on trains and who were so crap, they were first fined and then lost the Southeast contract here.... NTL and Connex Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:18 am

BT rang me a few weeks ago looking for fifty quid. I've never been with BT. They were being billed by Eircom for a phone handset which I didn't want to pay the rent on and so sent back to Eircom and bought my own. Nearly two years ago.

They sent me a debt collector's letter or some shite. If I wasn't laughing so much on the phone I'd be ringing ... Joe Duffy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
BT rang me a few weeks ago looking for fifty quid. I've never been with BT. They were being billed by Eircom for a phone handset which I didn't want to pay the rent on and so sent back to Eircom and bought my own. Nearly two years ago.

They sent me a debt collector's letter or some shite. If I wasn't laughing so much on the phone I'd be ringing ... Joe Duffy

I'm glad you told us that - I have 2 I was advised to send back and was about to post them - not sure what to do now. Register them?

Dell. Don't talk to me about Dell. Was almost put out of business by their failure to fix guaranteed /next day service pcs.

Still using one though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:51 am

Always had good experiences with Dell personally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:47 am

Better change the title of this thread ..

Anglo featured on Prime Time tonight !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:14 am

The graphics were deadly tonight - the camera panning around the ledgers with the photos of the looters and the amounts looted penned in next to the mugshots....

Mick Wallace ... what a hero

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 0000c6ea10dr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:16 am

Surely as owners of Anglo, the Irish public are entitled to know the liabilities of said bank. Commercially sensitive my derriére!
I'm boiling after that particular Prime Time. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:17 am

P.S. I'm feeling smugly prophetic with my Greedy Galway video. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:22 am

Max Headroom wrote:
I've had enough. Going to talk to legal eagles. I want this Gov forced under law to disclose the extent of debt I am asked to cover (as is all other citizens). I am serious, I am running with this. Had enough. I want answers and I want them now. No more arsing about. Old board circle installed again. Sick of this carry-on. This has to be challenged in law http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?p=197491#p197491

Most of the Opposition asked for details of the loans on Anglo but were told not to stop asking silly questions by the Government last week.

Half of us in the country didn't support either the government or get involved in any way with this travesty of an institution and we deserve to know how high the noose is off the ground before as we tie it around our neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:27 am

There were some good things on radio Na G re this.
Surley there should be criminal investigation and also conspiracy investigation. The whole lot of them should be hauled into a Garda station and interrogated on the record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:30 am

If heads don't roll soon there is going to be serious argy bargy in this country. The pigs of Orwell's Animal Farm are springing to mind at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:32 am

What was the other fellas name? Ray O'Dwyer or something. He made an interesting point: this bank was run in a way so as to sail just clear of the Law instead of as a sustainable business. Neary was on watch while this abomination of a bank was on the loose and Cowen was minister for Finance ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:36 am

Has anyone read The Builders by Frank MacDonald and Kathy Sheridan? I'm in the middle of it at the moment. Compelling reading.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:51 am

floatingingalway wrote:
Has anyone read The Builders by Frank MacDonald and Kathy Sheridan? I'm in the middle of it at the moment. Compelling reading.

Frank McDonald has been writing critically on this for years. He was the only writer in the Irish Times who stood out for me.

Open this with Realplayer if you can. File/Open/Paste that in

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/230-2448009-320-180.smil

It's the Classic Prime Time episode with McDonald and Sheridan being interviewed. Have you seen it ?

There's some interesting footage there for you for future videos...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 am

floatingingalway wrote:

One chapter stood out above all for me - "The Brickies" about health and safety issues and including the Gama story. Riveting but also written with much more passion than the rest of the book, which felt distinctly like a bit of a cut-and-paste job, or at least as if on autopilot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
floatingingalway wrote:

Frank McDonald has been writing critically on this for years. He was the only writer in the Irish Times who stood out for me.

Open this with Realplayer if you can. File/Open/Paste that in

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/230-2448009-320-180.smil

It's the Classic Prime Time episode with McDonald and Sheridan being interviewed. Have you seen it ?

There's some interesting footage there for you for future videos...
Quote :
"We're all monkey's now."
What a line!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie   Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prime Time Heckle - The widening hole in the public accounts - carers, ideascampaign.ie
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next