Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 3:16 pm

What a life!!! Here I am frazzling for deadlines...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 3:19 pm

johnfás wrote:
I like trains... chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo

Now lets see will it leave on time, due to depart in 5 minutes.

Do we have wifi on intercity Irish trains?

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 2390739862_a21215a00b
I heart trains, they're so cool. I heart English trains even more though.

I think we might have WiFi on Irish InterCity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 10:26 pm

evercloserunion wrote:

I think we might have WiFi on Irish InterCity.

Here's the answer from the horse's mouth!

Iarnród Éireann wrote:
Q. Is there Wi-Fi technology onboard IÉ trains so I can access the internet?
A.

Iarnród Éireann (IÉ) feels that it wouldn’t be in the public or the company’s best interest to install the current wireless technologies on its fleet for customer use due to the limited lifespan of said technologies. Anything we install now is likely to be completely redundant within five years.

We feel customers would be better supported by obtaining their own wireless solutions, such as those provided by the mobile providers (3G and GPRS/EDGE ).

IÉ is hoping that near-future new technologies such as WiMax and other long range wireless tech will make the idea of onboard solutions redundant. We will continue to monitor the speed of advance of such technologies and if we deem that change is not occurring quickly enough we may reconsider the situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 10:28 pm

Ah, fair enough. I could have sworn a friend told me they had WiFi. Still class though, sockets and all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 10:30 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Ah, fair enough. I could have sworn a friend told me they had WiFi. Still class though, sockets and all

Indeed. The capital investment in Iarnród Éireann has really borne fruit over the past few years. It's a much better service than before and the trains look an awful lot better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 10:51 pm

Though I have to say I miss the orange ones deeply. They just look so much more... trainy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Indeed. The capital investment in Iarnród Éireann has really borne fruit over the past few years. It's a much better service than before and the trains look an awful lot better.

Shame their appalling useless staff are still going strong. Also the seats in the orange trains are much more comfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 4:29 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Shame their appalling useless staff are still going strong. Also the seats in the orange trains are much more comfortable.

Are they? In what way? To tell the truth I'm not fond of the new Dublin Buses either. The individualised seats aren't as comfy as the pseudo-couches of old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 4:38 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Are they? In what way? To tell the truth I'm not fond of the new Dublin Buses either. The individualised seats aren't as comfy as the pseudo-couches of old.
We had a discussion on here before about people listening to music on public transport. Perhaps these individual seats are a reflection of this tend towards individual isolationism (for want of a better term)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 4:47 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

We had a discussion on here before about people listening to music on public transport. Perhaps these individual seats are a reflection of this tend towards individual isolationism (for want of a better term)?

They are a metaphor for the insidious cumulative atomisation of our sociological milieu which is being benighted by incipient technological encroachment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:05 am

I was going to say that but I thought I'd dumb it down for the benefit of ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:40 am

evercloserunion wrote:
I was going to say that but I thought I'd dumb it down for the benefit of ...

the imbecilic lumpenproles who insisted on exercising their malevolent mandate and determining that agglomeration of slubberdegullions in Boards the victors in an auction of the moralities otherwise appellated the Golden Spiders?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:44 am

... kind of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:48 am

evercloserunion wrote:
... kind of.

Laughing we can but attempt to attain absolute acuity across our hopefully adroit additions!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:41 am

It is an early White Christmas all over the North of England where I am. cheers cheers

Hopefully the plane won't be too delayed later mind you...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:52 am

johnfás wrote:
It is an early White Christmas all over the North of England where I am. cheers cheers

Hopefully the plane won't be too delayed later mind you...
The Pic of the Day slot is awaiting your camera shots Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:54 am

Indeed, I have the camera so I will take a few today and get them onto the computer this evening when I am back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:20 pm

I like Feeder. I bought a "Feeder - The Singles" album during the week, I bought Silent Cry earlier this month and while it was MUCH better than Pushing the Senses which I really didn't like. So I decided to indulge myself in a selection of stuff I knew I'd like.

They are a bloody great band but have to be the most unlucky musical group around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:57 pm

I like sunshine. I just had two days of 25 degrees Razz sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:30 pm

I like the Ecumenical Advent fried breakfast at the local church - mmmmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:35 pm

I like the sound of my chickens when they are thinking about laying an egg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:41 pm

I like eating their eggs... along with a nice bit of bacon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:45 pm

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 Trio

These are Welsummers. He looks very smart doesn't he? We only have two hens though, because of the noise factor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:52 pm

Very good.

Have you shot your duck yet? Are you prepared to lend me your gun to knock off the neighbour's dog?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:54 pm

johnfás wrote:
Very good.

Have you shot your duck yet? Are you prepared to lend me your gun to knock off the neighbour's dog?

Did I say shoot?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next